Default WW stat weights in AMR

Forgive me if the answer to this question isn't as simple as it sounds, but... are the default stat weights that Ask Mr Robot uses for windwalker monks satisfactory? There are two listed initially: a single target one and a multitarget version. The defaults for single target are:

2.68 Main Hand DPS
    1.00 Agility
    0.90 Attack Power
    0.50 Multistrike
    0.41 Critical Strike
    0.40 Haste
    0.39 Versatility
    0.23 Mastery

Does that seem reasonable, or how should it be modified otherwise?

I joined a new guild this week, and on our second raiding night I was asked to sit out (along with three others who comprised the lowest four DPS) on heroic Hellfire Assault. It was absolutely justified, and very embarrassing. I had the lowest ilevel of the whole raiding group, which obviously didn't help, but now I'm just trying to optimize as best I can. (I'll admit I'm not an amazing player, but I am trying.)

Ask Mr Robot can be a great tool but default stat weights are not really optimized for your own character.
    The best thing to do is to use SimulationCraft to calculate your own stat weights.

1- Dowload SimulationCraft here: SimulationCraft
    2- Extract it in a folder.
    3- Launch SimulationCraft64.exe (or SimulationCraft32.exe if on a 32bits OS)
    4- Go in the Option tab, then Globals. Iterations: 25.000. Go in the Scaling tab, tick "Enable Scaling".
    5- Go in the Import Tab, then Battle.Net. Go on your character sheet. Then click on the "Import!" button, bottom right.
    6- Go on the Simulate Tab. You will se here your imported character sheet. Then just press on "Simulate!" button, bottom right.
    7- Be patient. When simulation will be finished, you will have in the Results tab your own character simulation result with your own stat weights.

Keep in mind that every time you change a piece of gear, your stat weights will change.

About your low performance in raid, it's quite difficult to help you without any logs.
    Try to use your Tigereye Brew with your Fists of Fury. Try to align your Serenity with your trinket proc / use. Use & abuse of SEF when possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchouka View Post
    Ask Mr Robot can be a great tool but default stat weights are not really optimized for your own character.
    The best thing to do is to use SimulationCraft to calculate your own stat weights.

1- Dowload SimulationCraft here: SimulationCraft
    2- Extract it in a folder.
    3- Launch SimulationCraft64.exe (or SimulationCraft32.exe if on a 32bits OS)
    4- Go in the Option tab, then Globals. Iterations: 25.000. Go in the Scaling tab, tick "Enable Scaling".
    5- Go in the Import Tab, then Battle.Net. Go on your character sheet. Then click on the "Import!" button, bottom right.
    6- Go on the Simulate Tab. You will se here your imported character sheet. Then just press on "Simulate!" button, bottom right.
    7- Be patient. When simulation will be finished, you will have in the Results tab your own character simulation result with your own stat weights.

Keep in mind that every time you change a piece of gear, your stat weights will change.

About your low performance in raid, it's quite difficult to help you without any logs.
    Try to use your Tigereye Brew with your Fists of Fury. Try to align your Serenity with your trinket proc / use. Use & abuse of SEF when possible.
    going 25,000 is not always needed. The more iterations, the more accurate the result is. However you are sacrificing time for accuracy. Going 10,000 is good for a general idea of where your stats would be, but if you want exact then going 25k, 50k or even 100k iterations would give better results, but you could be looking at an hour or 2 at the highest settings; computer hardware not-withstanding.

Also, AMR does have an output to SimC feature. Just select that, copy the text that they output, and in the Simulate tab in SimC, paste the text. You don't need to import from the armory
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-06-27 at 07:05 PM.