Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    English!

Also problem solving and creative thinking

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I learned to kill and loot my enemies or they'll return in a sequel.

Pff, even if you kill and loot them, they can always come back!

10+ Year Old Account
    I learned a lot of new words when I was a kid from playing video games. Also learned how to type quickly. I didn't even realize how fast I typed until I took a keyboarding class and I was way faster than all of the other students and almost faster than my teacher.

Deleted
    I learned English from Cartoon Network and video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I learned a ton of shit from KSP. Apoapsis, periapsis, etc etc.

English, typing skill, pragmatism, improved reaction times, situational awareness, history and geography to name a few.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I learned english because of video-games in general.
    I learned about teamwork because of DotA.
    I learned the value of friendship because of Ragnarök Online, World of Warcraft and The World Ends With You.
    I learned that you can redeem yourself no matter what because of Planescape: Torment.
    I learned that life isn't always fair because of Dark Souls.

And I also learned that if you get rings you can take a deadly hit and still survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be evil, do it quietly.

they improve your brain motorics for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    A man chooses, A SLAVE OBEYS

Good lesson!

10+ Year Old Account
    Video games eventually got me into dance. It's probably more fun not to explain how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire (not the new ones) taught me Visual Braille. I can't read it anymore, but back then I was able to read it at a pretty solid rate.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It's not the true face of man. It's just what could happen in anonymity. In reality humans are integrated into a society.

It's a very tragical fallacy to think everyone is a bad apple because there are some in games.
    It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    most of my character flaws
    Damn. Yeah this too.

Did Video Games Ever Teach You Anything?

I like what this guy said:

"Playing video games taught me how long I can sit still in a chair before my legs start to cramp up."

Funny lol.

- People are rude.
    - How to type really fast.
    - Can't think of any more lol.

I remember playing street fighter 2 turbo on my super nes, i could do ken's shoryuken repeatedly, basically non-stop!! i had fast fingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    English, typing, math, how to tank/dps XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

So many things. I grew up with a computer. Things they taught me:

- English. Really, really helps. Better than any paid professor or books. When you talk to other people it forces you to learn how to communicate and memorise what rules the language has.

- Decision making. I think this one's obvious, games will often make you have to choose between the short, risky way or the slow and steady route. RPGs especially.

- Teamwork. Mobas force you to work with 4 others and I'm pretty good at ordering people around.

- Social abilities. I wasn't much of a people's person when I was younger, but when I started playing games online where you have to meet people I became a much more friendly and outgoing person. I'll admit it might just be me growing up. Might also be games. Flip a coin.

- Reflexes. Mobas, FPSs and stuff enhance your reaction time.

- Accuracy. It might be just me, but I feel like all the years spent pinpointing attacks, shots and spells have made me a more precise, detail-oriented person.

- Ambition. When I like something I want to be the best at it. Games, sports, whatever it is. When I was young I played Diablo 2 with 2 childhood friends. We all levelled together but my character was the strongest. They'd come to rely on me when push came to shove and ever since then I felt an urge to be superior to my peers when it came to things I like. I just wish I liked studying instead of gaming because my grades could really use some love.

- Thicker skin/Patience. I was a 12 year old kid playing dota and WoW. You can imagine the plethora of insults I had thrown at me ( build Vladimir's on Pudge once, never forget ). It made me become harder to anger. This balances with my personality, as I get angry very fast and have a short temper. Without games somewhat making me more patient and less prone to being insulted I'd probably have a criminal record.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2015-06-30 at 09:22 PM.

In a group, everyone has a job and everyone has to do their job well for the group to succeed. No one is more important than anyone else, and solid support is just as important as having good leadership and executors.

English, how the economy and supply/demand work, history, patience. Loads of other ones aswell, but i cba to list them all here.

I learned that being a leader, more often than not, is less about the ability to lead and more about the willingness to put up with the bureaucracy of governing something.

Deleted
    Never walk behind your mother-in-law, because dragons have tail swipe.