Second HFC Shortcut Quest - Fel Essence and Fel Conduit

Before 6.2 went live, there was a blue tweet hinting that there may be multiple shortcut quests. The first, Well of Souls, requires you to collect Soul Remnants from Gorefiend, in turn teaching you the ability Soul Conduit, which teleports you to the upper level of HFC, right after Gorefiend.

If you look at Wowhead or WowDB, you'll find Normal/Heroic/Mythic versions of Fel Essence, an item analogous to Soul Remnants. In addition, you'll find the spell Fel Conduit, which has flavor text reading "Attunes the target with fel energy, allowing Khadgar to offer direct teleportation to Mannoroth's platform in Hellfire Citadel on Normal difficulty." (versions exist for Heroic and Mythic as well)

However, there doesn't seem to be a quest linking the two like Well of Souls does for Soul Remnants and Soul Conduit. Does anyone have any further information on whether or not a second shortcut quest exists and how to access it?

Apologies for being a new account and not able to post links yet.

I could imagine it's a follow up of the normal shortcut-quest. May find out in 3 Weeks D

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    I could imagine it's a follow up of the normal shortcut-quest. May find out in 3 Weeks D
    That is the guess I've seen where I've posted this question elsewhere, and it makes sense. Perhaps the second shortcut quest itself won't even be added until the flying mini-patch, since it doesn't currently seem to be in the game files.

It is unfortunate that we don't know for certain, as my guild wanted to complete the shortcut quest that got us closest to Archimonde within the first few weeks, so we could farm class trinkets on Normal while doing Heroic progress. With too many unknowns, we'll probably give up on this plan and just stick with straight Heroic.

For what it is worth, Watcher confirmed in the interview on the front page that the second shortcut quest is unlocked after completing Well of Souls, and it will allow you to skip directly to Mannoroth.