Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is very concerning and disappointing. I remember getting harassed and drilled by immigration when going to the US but I didn't think things were as strict on our side. They need to calm down, this is two people that love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Canada was the result of some brief and ill fated dalliance we had with some French tart years ago, Australia and New Zealand were always our favourites.
    I was sure Murica was our favourite? Australia we reformed into a good cricket playing nation who happens to do rugby. New Zealand, is basically the Shire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I was sure Murica was our favourite? Australia we reformed into a good cricket playing nation who happens to do rugby. New Zealand, is basically the Shire.
    Australia was where we sent our scallywags as we didn't want to lose them, but we couldn't have them nicking the cutlery.

America don't even play cricket! What kind of a child refuses to have a knockabout with his old man? We should have a paternity test done.

Not even sure why this would be even news, it is the law in the states as well and i am sure in a lot other country's.

But hey we have to have at least 5 new things a day to be outraged about now a days.

What the actual fuck ?

A visitor visa is not permanent residency. Any foreign alien must be able to prove un-relinquished domicile at entry, at the discretion of the border official. The renovation thing is just an easy and valid reason the official decided to write down and the British guy decide to fixate upon and bring to the media. The reason he will be deported as an intended immigrant is because he tried to renew a visitor visa while having a permanent residency application under review, which any web forum on the subject will tell you is a stupid thing to do.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

The only thing amazing here is that people are still just taking this guy's word for it. Despite common sense suggesting that there's probably more to it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Thank you sir for making my day! Haha!