[Request] "new-ish" space/planets scifi shows?

are there any good "new-ish" space/planets scifi shows?
    i loved battlestar galactica, stargate series, startrek series.
    but it seems like they either fail early on or just miss the whole point of what the audience prefers.

i'm watching darkmatter atm but like people said in the topic its kinda generic 1 ship scenery kind of thing, its trowing me off but i'll keep watching for now.
    what i loved about the stargate series especially sg1 and atlantis was that they were about exploring and new scenery and imagination around every corner while sticking relatively to a plot. the 3rd show of the series had what dark matter has so far, 1 ship boringness no real plot yet.
    ..but hey battlestar galactica had that too!
    well ye sorta but atleast they kept us excited with story and ofc space battles are always fun
    startrek well exploration to the max. i enjoy seeing what imaginative writers can put on the screen.

anyone got any suggestions?
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Deleted
    I am also watching Dark Matter. Seems shitty to me, low budget kinda thing but who knows ...

Another good show I started watching today was "Killjoys" which looks fun with some comic relief factor in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also on the Dark Matter train, also not sure how much longer I'll be there .

Killjoys is on just before Dark Matter and is seeming pretty strong at the moment.

It's not Newish, in fact it's well on it's way to being Old, but Farscape for me is still the gold standard in space based TV shows .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

checking out both killjoys and farscape, read some reviews on farscape should be promising also 2 chars from stargate series will be getting used to i guess :P
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Dark Matter is the only current space sci fi tv show out there ATM. It's too early to tell how it will hold up, though.

I'd recommend Star Trek: The Next Generation (which becomes really good after S3, and gets better and better with each season after) and Deep Space Nine, the Battlestar Galactica mini series (the episodes after don't capture the feels or the quality of the miniseries), Firefly, Stargate SG1 (watch the original movie, then season 1-6), Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3, S4 was crap), and the entirety of Stargate Universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    2 chars from stargate series will be getting used to i guess :P
    It's okay because they play WILDLY different characters .

I came at it from the other direction (watching SG1 after Farscape) and it was quiet wierd, but you get used to it pretty quick.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Dark Matter is the only current space sci fi tv show out there ATM. It's too early to tell how it will hold up, though.

I'd recommend Star Trek: The Next Generation (which becomes really good after S3, and gets better and better with each season after) and Deep Space Nine, the Battlestar Galactica mini series (the episodes after don't capture the feels or the quality of the miniseries), Firefly, Stargate SG1 (watch the original movie, then season 1-6), Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3, S4 was crap), and the entirety of Stargate Universe.
    Killjoys has been mentioned several times in the thread. It's also a space SciFi show. I think a new one wil be on Syfy in the fall too.