Heroic HFC Trash Difficulty

Anyone else find the trash a bit too difficult?

It seems my guild is spending a lot of time on certain trash mobs especially when we do non-raid night raids with fewer people. That and some of the mechanics of the trash are raid wipe worthy. Seems a bit excessive. It feels like we have to learn the mechanics to many of these trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    Anyone else find the trash a bit too difficult?

It seems my guild is spending a lot of time on certain trash mobs especially when we do non-raid night raids with fewer people. That and some of the mechanics of the trash are raid wipe worthy. Seems a bit excessive. It feels like we have to learn the mechanics to many of these trash.
    Good! you are supposed too. I think it's absolutely fantastic having so many mechanics you actually have to pay attention too.

It's gonna be fun to see which dps gets murdered by the triple assassin pack before high council each week

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    It's gonna be fun to see which dps gets murdered by the triple assassin pack before high council each week
    Those assassins had us rolling in voice chat

Deleted
    I like my trash challenging, but ideally not time-consuming once you know the ropes.

Also, IMO it's best if trash mechanics are related to following boss mechanics, as a kind of practice/introduction segment.

Deleted
    I seriously have no f***ing idea what's going on with some of the mobs. So many debuffs that instagib players before you can read the tooltip. Tank Oneshots. There's some weired stuff going on and it's pretty hilarious. "Here have 10% HP, want a raidwide explosion with that?" My favorites are the static dogs that stun a player inbetween them (i think they were in front of Zakuun? Don't remember). If you Leap of Faith the player out of those mobs, he won't get any damage but will stay stunned by the dogs. The dogs also don't do anything at all beside that. So you could just leave that player there for hours. He won't be able to leave combat, use a HS or do anything at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Or who will get mindcontroled and raped by raid
    Our very first victim was the RL he barely have a time to say something in TS

10+ Year Old Account
    I like 'em, but really it's all just a matter of experience, we simply don't know yet how to handle those right yet. Give it 2-3 resets and they will be as difficult as Thogar trash or something.

Wonder what will Mythic trash be like.

How do you people complain about shit like this, it boggles the mind. What the fuck is the purpose of trash in a raid for you, what do you think it does? And no it's really not too difficult, just do it properly. Shitty complaints like this is what gets trash nerfed, for no reason. Having some Ulduar flashbacks now

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    Shitty complaints like this is what gets trash nerfed, for no reason. Having some Ulduar flashbacks now
    Ulduar flashbacks you say. Clearly Mimiron trash was perfectly tuned and only lazy bastards stealthed past them. True raiders, like you, faced that crazy AOE manadrain like a boss, just so they could brag about it five years later on forums.

Pretty much all the trash that kills players is due to ignoring mechanics, or pulling multiple packs, and most of the most obnoxious ones are CCable.

The guys who lower you to 1 hp and shoot fireballs -> have raid members body block for you.

80 yard AoE while taking 99% dmg? Single target them down and stun/Knockback when they get below 40% and start casting that empowerment.

Deleted
    The issue is that the mechanics are pretty difficult to identify before you all die horribly, in some respects, this is fine but in contemporary raiding, trash isn't meant to be something you wipe on.

However, each trash pack has its own quirks that can be easily nullified. The shield/AoE mobs before Tyrant for example need to be single-targeted and stun locked once they go below 50% or they put on a shield that AoEs the whole raid.

Another pack is the felguard before Zakuun, jump over those waves and you'll be fine otherwise, you all die.

Point is, if you can identify which trash needs a specific tactic, execute the tactic and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    The issue is that the mechanics are pretty difficult to identify before you all die horribly, in some respects, this is fine but in contemporary raiding, trash isn't meant to be something you wipe on.
    This mindset died with the implementation of mythic and Mythic Trash
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character