Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I enjoy how these refugees aren't terrorist, extremists, etc... Just normal run of the mill Muslims and these girls are asked not to dress immodestly for fear of their own safety near them.

Religion of peas.
    Oh man a headmaster somewhere sent out a stupid letter! Islam is terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Except for it probably kinda is.
    Nope. Can't take you seriously here.

Deleted
    Inb4itturnsintoSwedishImmigrationThread

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-06-29 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    You don't ask someone to change their way of dressing just because someone not even in your culture finds it bad when they're in your country.
    I've already said I didn't like the letter. That doesn't make the ridiculous hyperbole any less ridiculous.

I'd send them back to Syria before I changed anything about my behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I've already said I didn't like the letter. That doesn't make the ridiculous hyperbole any less ridiculous.
    "Not liking" isn't the same as telling them TO NOT FUCKING ASK IT, it shouldn't even have been said in the first place. You don't fucking ask a host to change their way of dressing when you're the guest. If you don't like how the host do things, YOU LEAVE. You don't ask them to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do not like the argument behind the letter I find the notion of sending refugees back to a brutal war zone far more distasteful.
    Didn't your parents ever teach you "when you live in my house, you live by my rules"? Refugees are being allowed into the country without requiring the usual documentation, and in many places they're given services and aid that comes out of taxpayer funds without any sort of expectation of those refugees ever finding some way of repaying the country for that aid.

I think it's absolutely preposterous to expect the hosting country to bend over backwards to accommodate the cultural mores of the refugees. If the refugees don't like the host country's culture, they're free to return to the war-torn shithole they were fleeing from.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

im sick of our world kissing Muslims asses fuck them i hope they blow themselves the fuck up. Why does everyone feel we owe them anything fucking sand monkeys.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-06-28 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    And if I tell you to immediately adopt a super progressive viewpoint and set of behaviors with even the smallest slip up in the execution of either being grounds for your actual execution, do you really think you could manage that? It's not about people being able to decide "Hey, this is not as bad as dying." It's about the time it takes to make real adjustments to behaviors and views, especially ones you may not really understand why you hold in the first place. This is a problem for people in the United States born into and raised in our own fucking culture. I can only imagine it's worse for people trying to integrate into a new one at such an unstable point in their lives.
    I guess asking for some patience dealing with refugees from one of the most brutal conflicts in our time is too much for some.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not really seeing the issue.

1> They were asked, not required, to adjust their dress.
    2> It's temporary, since this is emergency accommodation.
    3> Nothing here is excusing negative actions by the refugees, it's just stating what the situation is and asking people not to exacerbate it.
    What a leftie pussy shit ideology. What's next step, ask them to wear burkars or whatever their towels are called? They are a frickin guest! If they cause problem they should be kicked out and not accommodated to. I bet if one of the girls get raped they will blame it on her wearing too revealing clothes (I bet you would blame her).

10+ Year Old Account
    And if I tell you to immediately adopt a super progressive viewpoint and set of behaviors with even the smallest slip up in the execution of either being grounds for your actual execution, do you really think you could manage that? It's not about people being able to decide "Hey, this is not as bad as dying." It's about the time it takes to make real adjustments to behaviors and views, especially ones you may not really understand why you hold in the first place. This is a problem for people in the United States born into and raised in our own fucking culture. I can only imagine it's worse for people trying to integrate into a new one at such an unstable point in their lives.
    When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    But they don't have to agree with it or even accept it. They just have to follow the rules of their host.

If they can not or will not follow the rules, evict them and bring in someone who will. There's ridiculously long lines of refugees and very few good spots, help those who will cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Didn't your parents ever teach you "when you live in my house, you live by my rules"? Refugees are being allowed into the country without requiring the usual documentation, and in many places they're given services and aid that comes out of taxpayer funds without any sort of expectation of those refugees ever finding some way of repaying the country for that aid.

I think it's absolutely preposterous to expect the hosting country to bend over backwards to accommodate the cultural mores of the refugees. If the refugees don't like the host country's culture, they're free to return to the war-torn shithole they were fleeing from.
    You know, you just quoted me saying I didn't like the argument behind the letter either...

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    But they don't have to agree with it or even accept it. They just have to follow the rules of their host.

If they can not or will not follow the rules, evict them and bring in someone who will. There's ridiculously long lines of refugees and very few good spots, help those who will cooperate.
    No one is saying they don't have to follow the rules. Nothing about this letter somehow excuses law breaking. They're just trying to avoid culture clashes until the refugees can be dealt with in a more permanent manner.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think sending out a letter telling all the girls in particular to cover up or whatever. But, I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to ease the cultural tensions such a situation can create until more permanent solutions are found.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post

They will follow them, they just need time to adapt (and will be punished if they get up to no good). So there might be some TEMPORARY shenanigans (where they do what most dickbags do anyway 'catcall, follow, walk beside and whatever else was in that NYC chick walking about in a tight tops video). Its not an overnight transition when you are thrown into a new culture is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Why is this infracted?
    Maybe not using a stupid letter by a German teacher to insult a billion+ people would be a good start. A muslim hasn't even done anything wrong here and its being used to insult muslims. Ugh.

Deleted
    Oh man a headmaster somewhere sent out a stupid letter! Islam is terrible!

Nope. Can't take you seriously here.
    You give them a hand and they take the whole arm. This is always how it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    im sick of our world kissing Muslims asses fuck them i hope they blow themselves the fuck up. Why does everyone feel we owe them anything fucking sand monkeys.
    I wonder what I can conclude from this kind of posting.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

I fail to see the big issue. it's a warning, not a decree to have the kids dress a certain way. I mean we are talking about people who were displaced by a war here. its not like they just roamed in and took over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStud69 View Post
    Why do they even let them in the country?
    I assume the German people value human life.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It sure as fuck is if they cant control themselves in another place. Why are they so special again that they get to do whatever they want?
    Who said they can't control themselves? You're using a letter from a German to draw all kinds of conclusions about the people she's talking about. Maybe she's just off base huh?