Deleted

6.2 Elemental preffered talents

I came back after a break, and currently i am using Elemental Mastery, Primal Elementalist and Storm Elemental. Are these the wanted talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I came back after a break, and currently i am using Elemental Mastery, Primal Elementalist and Storm Elemental. Are these the wanted talents?
    Every fight deserves the atention of wich talent to choose, having an overall default talents is wasting a lot of potencial.

But let me try to help you.
    75-Basicly: AOE > ECHO OF THE ELEMENTS ( 2 EARTHQUAKES ), otherwise go for elemental mastery, or even AS if you are a troll or doesnt need bursty haste.
    90- Unleashed fury is the default choice . Primal elementalist is only good in fights wich have heavy movement and you are using your unleash flame for the movespeed.
    100- "TIER 18" If you have arquimonde trincket you should go for elemental fusion, otherwise: SINGLE TARGET > SET AOE > LIQUID MAGMA

to be more specific,
    60-Echo for aoe. Echo for single target pre Legendary Ring. EM single target with L-Ring (pop at the same time as ring).
    90-UF for single target. PE for heavy movement fights OR fights with logs of cleave/aoe. Chain Lightning Doesn't benefit from UF. PE is acceptable for single target, it isn't mathematically as good as UF, but its close enough.
    100- EF single target (and probably cleave) with Class/Archie trinket. SET single target without trinket. LM for aoe.

Deleted
    Essentially what Starsha said, although you may want to take EF if you have trouble with low-ish hp priority targets living a bit too long (kilrogg comes to mind)

Don't undervalue PE. Frontloading all of your damage over five minutes into a single minute for negligibly the same overall damage is a big deal.

I think I've used UF on only one fight during split heroics IIRC, and likely would not use it at all on mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the amount of movement required on most fights in HFC, PE becomes much more valuable that it seems. UF requires significant uptime and hard casting during that uptime, something we're ill afforded this tier. UF's value will increase with tier 18, but probably not enough to make it significantly better (Bink's math will confirm/deny this).

Deleted
    Gonna depend on the mythic tuning but so far I don't really see any obvious boss where UF "heavily" beats PE yea, it loses value on reaver because of the flight phase, and perhaps you'll want SET + PFE to help kill the big bombs if they have huge healthpools. On gorefiend PE is obviously better because of feast of souls, similar issue (+ CL cleave) on Tyrant. Perhaps on Fel Lord depending on the length/difficulty of some phases but even then it'd barely be a gain. Every other boss has a lot of cleave or aoe going. Perhaps on council paired with archimonde trinket it would give additional flame shock value, but you lost on burst to finish a boss or two.

Not sure if elems will count towards the new legendary ring proc ? But that's for post-progress (apart from perhaps archimonde & mannoroth where PE will be better anyway) so eh.