Returning the player and targets talent spec

Hi all,

I'm using Shadowed Unit Frames and I want to add a Tag to it that returns my current selected talent spec (Feral, Affliction, Elemental). Can anybody assist with this? I'll also need the same for my target, where it will show my targets current talent spec (if its a player) or nothing (if its not a player).

I've researched this for a while but I don't know LUA, so I've been failing miserably!

Any help would be amazing. Thank you!

Morthulo.

I can't give you a direct answer, but I can give you a word of warning: NPCs, and monsters, frequently have a class. For example, Garrosh Hellscream was a Rogue, and there are a bunch of HFC bosses who are Paladins. So if you see unexpected results on those targets it's not a bug, so much as Blizzard having some surprising values in those fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthulo View Post
    I'm using Shadowed Unit Frames and I want to add a Tag to it that returns my current selected talent spec (Feral, Affliction, Elemental). Can anybody assist with this? I'll also need the same for my target, where it will show my targets current talent spec (if its a player) or nothing (if its not a player).
    Check Instance Spec in signature for example on how to retrieve current spec data. It is short enough.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.