Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I like to think my kids would know me well enough that the conversation wouldn't even happen. I would ask if son was dating someone, he would say he is dating a guy and I would mock him the same way I would mock him about a girl and then I would invite them for sunday lunch to get to know each other.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Wouldn't change a thing. I just really don't care anyway.

Plus chances are I would have already known. Most cases the only people who are surprised are those who are being willfully ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I like to think my kids would know me well enough that the conversation wouldn't even happen.
    I don't really see the need of such a conversation either. It's not really something you need to talk about - they could just show up with whoever they are together with (if they want to), and it would be fine.
    It would not make any difference anyway, and I hope that they would know it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I wouldn't really care, except if he is "the girl" and start to act like a dragqueen... then i would beat the shit out of him.
    And i can't imagine meeting his "boyfriend" or inviting him to family stuff... that would be too much for me.
    I hope you are kidding.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-06-29 at 09:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't think I'd ever have any potential son or daughter come out to me simply due to the fact I'm gay myself, I mean it doesn't effect how I see someone at all. I mean I don't think this is a real factor for me as someone who is LGBTQ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? If I only had one son or daughter, I would be kinda unhappy about it. As I would want my family line to continue. But if I had more than one I would not care.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    My first thoughts would be "when did I become a father?" and then "why are your parents letting you talk to a stranger?"

Wouldn't really "do" anything. Whatever floats their boat. 'long as it doesn't hurt anyone (involuntarily).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't give 2 shit's less. Would probably looks at the silly, and say Ok whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    If you mean the quote at the bottom then yes you must have mental problems to support it. All those kids look happy at being allowed to express themselves however they want.
    I'm pretty sure they have no idea what they're doing and their parents forced them into it.

I'm also pretty sure their parents are gay couples.

No. It's not okay.

Forcing a boy to grow up as a girl is horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Forcing a boy to grow up as a girl is horrible.
    Like I said earlier, I would like to see where it says that there is "being forced to" involved.
    There are Transgender kids, with or without same-sex parents - and if that is the case, it is perfectly fine to let them express themselves.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-06-29 at 10:06 AM.

To answer the op I honestly would be terribly unfamiliar with the situation which would likely lead to me making an ass of myself a few times until my feelings and cultural understanding were more in alignment with my personal opinion of these things being perfectly acceptable.

So I doubt it would go perfect. But I also doubt a disaster. In the end very little if anything would change between my kid and myself long term. Short term you might have a few odd mistakes / wrong things said out of ignorance. Mostly from my end. Until I got versed properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Linking Breitbart isn't going to help you. They had a REAL study from a few days ago that says that kids with gay parents are actually better off than kids with straight parents.
    And we've also had studies that show the opposite. But of course the ones that support your arguments are the ones that are true.

Son is a boy. Daughter is a girl. No need to change the roles. I would be terrified but unlike some people i wouldn't "slap the shit" out of my kid because it wouldn't fix anything. But on the other hand i wouldn't support them either. I would let them know i am disappointed. And maybe cut off my bounds. If they wanna live like that and insist on it then they wont have my support about anything, they are on their own.
    Also adopted kid is not your own kid. It's like owning a pet from animal shelter. You are not his\her mother or father and you didn't give birth. So You can try to act like it but the fact is there.

If this situation ever came up? Honestly I would at first be a little nervous as for a kid to come out and say something like that might be a big deal for them. It shouldn't be as it should be natural. But we all know how it is at school with the way people act and how you have to confirm there etc. Just letting them know it doesn't matter who they love as long as they are a decent person is that matters to me. Hopefully I would not mess that first conversation up.

More than likely you'd know or at least suspect something, if not you your wife would. So when they finally come clean it could very well be a relief. Really the only downside is no grandkids. Maybe some of your backwards friends might give you a hard time, but I doubt it.

Thinking about it, it's a good thing being gay isn't so much of a big deal nowadays, back in the 1950's coming out was a huge deal with a lot of ramifications even legal ramifications.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Like I said earlier, I would like to see where it says that there is "being forced to" involved.
    There are Transgender kids, with or without same-sex parents - and if that is the case, it is perfectly fine to let them express themselves.

gender is 100% a social construct. as a result of this, any kid who believes themselves to be transgender is in fact, by definition, being forced to be transgender.

Deleted
    People are saying that it'd be confusing for a child to be brought up with two gay parents as it might influence them?

I was confused as shit when we had summer balls at my school. I'm meant to take some girl out on a night, have them all dressed up, most of the girls even expected a kiss. Ewwww. Hell naw. Being raised up in a straight environment didn't affect anything about me. I can't imagine it would the other way around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    gender is 100% a social construct. as a result of this, any kid who believes themselves to be transgender is in fact, by definition, being forced to be transgender.
    No.

Okay I'll go into that but no gender is more than just a social construct. Gender roles are 100% social constructs but, gender is not. In fact the sheer fact that transpeople exist is proof of the existence of gender as more than a construct, especially numerous people are uncomfortable in gender roles but not their gender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    People are saying that it'd be confusing for a child to be brought up with two gay parents as it might influence them?

I was confused as shit when we had summer balls at my school. I'm meant to take some girl out on a night, have them all dressed up, most of the girls even expected a kiss. Ewwww. Hell naw. Being raised up in a straight environment didn't affect anything about me. I can't imagine it would the other way around.
    It's honestly foolish thinking, I don't know how someone would somehow not get the impression that straight couples exist, even a small child. Like you'd think it'd last until they see, statistically speaking ANY other couple.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    I'd probably be a little upset if a son came out to be honest. Not really because he'd be gay himself, but that my name wouldn't continue in blood. That's just my honest, primitive answer.

...and even if he wasn't gay, his son could be, so meh.
    I like how you assume that even if he was straight, he'd somehow magically want kids of his own. Plenty of people are straight and don't want children. Likewise, plenty of gay couples have donor eggs / sperm so they can have children that are biologically their own.

Not to be a dick, but your bloodline probably isn't valuable in any way to society as a whole that you should be upset over it potentially dying out. Plenty of famous bloodlines are dead, yet the world continues on without them just fine. Hell, just American presidents alone 10 or 11 of them don't have any living descendents. That's a 1 in 4 rate for presidents, which were the most powerful men in America at some point in their lives. The Curie family is going to die out as Marie and Pierre's grandchildren don't have children. Shakespeare has no living descendents. DaVinci had no children and therefore no descendents.

In the end, bloodline means absolutely nothing.

Milo Yiannopoulos is the biggest self-hating gay in media today. He was against gay marriage (ironically until he got engaged lol), he's against gay rights, and he wrote multiple articles stating that gays should go back in the closet because the world was a better place.

I'm no SJW by any means but his views are so warped that is really does my head in.