Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It seems the balance is uneven because while one faction is all in mid, some of the other faction is fapping in some corner of the map while the rest of the group is being outnumbered in mid.

The entire xpac is 100% focused on killing dragons. Blizzard cares about PVP about as much as they care about this year's Curling championship in Canada. About 90% of the changes they made in patch 6.1 and 6.2 were focused on adjusting and benefiting raiding. They put 100% of their chips down on Ashran and lost, lost big time. And, even when they attempt to fix Ashran or make it slightly better, they somehow find a way to make it even worse (kind of like 1 step, but 2 steps back). It's become increasingly evident to me Blizzard took inventory on their player base and decided to cater the game 100% to raiding. And that may very well be the right business decision for the short term, but it's a terrible decision for the long term. They are focused on what's profitable and not focused on what's innovative, creative or fun. Sooner or later, most likely sooner, people will realize Blizzard is peddling painted rust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    I love that hydra replied with 140 characters of lol'ing.. That's pretty much all you need to say.

Called that this would happen, force people into ashran then claim it's a huge success

and before people QQ and play white knight, force is a strong term, but if you want to gear the quickest and easiest, ashran is clearly the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Called that this would happen, force people into ashran then claim it's a huge success

and before people QQ and play white knight, force is a strong term, but if you want to gear the quickest and easiest, ashran is clearly the way to go.
    Exactly. Holinka screwed the pooch, now he has to show corporate that his shit for PvP isn't losing customers so much. But it already has.

@ Badaku -

Holinka IS the piss. He needs to GTFO.

Happens every time, I'm pretty sure this is a Blizzard System Design meeting:

"Let's just funnel everyone into one thing, we don't have to do as much work and it'll be great"
    "Wow, our idea is so popular! Well done guys, let's tell all the players how good our decision was, it's clearly well liked and enjoyed"

I wonder how many cash they made with humans factions changes.

I resubbed (with token) and tried the artifact + loser buff and it was easier to one-shot people than ever Late at night there's like 10 horde vs 20+ ally tho because allies stay in the raid while horde leaves, the allies don't get kicked when the horde leave etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Faction change horde and all the sudden you get instant queues.

The faction imbalance won't change until there is an incentive to go horde over alliance, or a sufficient number of highlevel players go back to playing horde so a bunch of bandwagoners follow them.
    Part of the faction imbalance in PVP is based around the inherent failings of the Horde playerbase. Players who don't listen. Players who have no situational awareness. Players who are in it for themselves and don't look at the game from a team perspective. And LOTS of people who bot and cheat. Not to mention the multitudes of asshats and trolls...

I've played Horde primarily since vanilla (just about every class at max level except Dru/Sha/Priest). In late Cata, and MoP, I got a Worgen Rogue to 85 then 90 on a PVP server because I was sick of Horde BG frustrations (the fact we usually lost in the battlegroup I was in), and I liked the Worgen look.

Oh... my... god... it was like playing an entirely different game. People communicated, the trolling and BG chat spam was few and far between. Everyone who had a role to do did it at least competently if not well. We went into BGs KNOWING we were going to win, and usually did.

And here's some proof this is really the experience I had:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153

188 BGs played, 117 won. That's a win/loss ratio of 1.88 to 1. Almost double the wins to losses with my ally toon. My best Horde toon is like a 49% win percentage.

I haven't had time to play my ally character in WoD... but care to know how much I've played my Horde characters in PVP in WoD? Almost literally zero. One Ashran, two BGs... That's it. I have no desire to step into a situation that is more likely than not be a losing one. All my Horde guildmates who haven't quit are doing the exact same. Avoiding the train-wreck that is PVP.

Also, decent PVE gear has been better staged since MoP. There's a progression to getting geared that isn't super hard to progress through. So it isn't like I've felt I had to PVP to PVE or the reverse.

When flying comes out, I'll probably play my Worgen again, just cause leveling him will be a breeze. And once I'm at 100, the Horde slaughter may resume. Not sure.

I realize I'm speaking anecdotally and in general terms... but Horde are in a feed back loop with the majority of them being the absolute most crap players in WoW, driving away the good Horde players, making Ally queues take forever, and generally wrecking the PVP experience of this game.
    Last edited by Amraelic; 2015-07-05 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bombayshow View Post
    I wonder how many cash they made with humans factions changes.
    Wait till they make more cash by changing the human racial to a 3 min cd instead of 2, thus making you need to have a trinket. They'll make even more money.