Page 1 of 2
LastLast

anybody here completed a PUG mythic dungeon?

I'm like 0 for 11 now. Closest I've come to finishing a mythic dungeon was Everbloom on Archmage Sol. 9x out of 10, one player (usually the tank or healer) will leave after one wipe on the first boss.

I don't know if I should continue PUGing these or just forget them altogether.

Deleted
    And this is exactly why mythic raids were not made pug-friendly.
    Just make a guild group, or if you're in a magical social/leveling guild handpick who you bring.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    And this is exactly why mythic raids were not made pug-friendly.
    Just make a guild group, or if you're in a magical social/leveling guild handpick who you bring.
    Good example of why one should read before posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Good example of why one should read before posting.
    I know he was talking about dungeons and not raids, if that's what you mean. But the lockout is the same, which really messes up pugs. Mythic dungeons shouldn't have made it into group finder.

I healed all of Mythic Grimrail and Shadowmoon in a pug group today. I won't say it was easy, I did 61k hps on Borka and Rocketspark. But it can be done. I'd say the same thing about raids. I've occasionally fallen in with a raid group, usually at least half guild, who are very good and just down a heals that night or carrying alts. I won't usually leave after one wipe. Once I deem a group hopeless with simple mechanics though, I'm not shy about leaving.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pugged 2
    First me and a buddy pugged Auch. worst experience in my life of my god why 1h+
    Second try, went tank again in Skyreach, 4 other competent people, cleared in 25min no wipes ez life

Moral of the story, only "pug" it with ppl that are in 685+ gear and now 660s hoping to get carried while doing 10k dps

But u should really just have 4 other friends/guildies with gear and jump on skype/TS and ull do fine
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Pugged two. A few wipes per boss but we got it done.

Just gotta get people willing to learn a bit and have a few wipes, no big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lmryll View Post
    I don't know if I should continue PUGing these or just forget them altogether.
    Forget about them... The experience is dreadful and the gear you get from it isn't even that great.

There are just too many people trying to run them on shitty alts to gear up. While some of these might actually know what they are doing most of them are just your regular casual / careless player who just wants to run after the other players till the loot arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a resto druid (ilvl665 at the time) I've only completed Iron Docks, which was a wipefest due to people not CCing or not interrupting when they probably should had. I did bring along our raid Main Tank and one of the dps which did help, but the pugx2 dps we had with us died with every boss mechanic or trash pull, which is un heal-able through on mythic.
    I did go into a full pug in Auchindon, same issues, not many CC's or interrupts, but after taking an hour and a half which ended in constant wipes on the last boss and people quiting/joining the group I had to leave in the end, people wern't running out of fire or kiting the big ad etc.

See if and guildies will come with you and pug the rest, CC as much as you can & keep on top of interrupts, it all helps and it is doable, its just a very unforgiving difficulty that can't be cheesed unless your 30 ilevels over geared.

Honestly, now that I've seen what the mythic dungeons are like, unless it's a guild group I'm not going to bother. I'd rather stick to lfr & normal HFC, and I'll probably pug into a few Heroic BRF to get a few upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Moral of the story, only "pug" it with ppl that are in 685+ gear and now 660s hoping to get carried while doing 10k dps

But u should really just have 4 other friends/guildies with gear and jump on skype/TS and ull do fine
    So in other words, outgear the dungeon. Give me a break. The group doesn't need to be 685+ to handle it.

I've successfully pugged every single Mythic dungeon so far. :|

Just make sure everyone is 670+ and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    Forget about them... The experience is dreadful and the gear you get from it isn't even that great.
    The gear is on par with H BRF, and has a chance to be on par with Mythic BRF. Very much worth it, imo.

It's just that people have become so used to facerolling their way through dungeons, and now in Mythic you actually have to pay attention to the mechanics again...you have to move out of the fire, you have to interrupt that spell, you have to use CC. You have to use your brain.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-06-29 at 04:33 AM.

I'd say the same thing about raids. I've occasionally fallen in with a raid group
    Last edited by wshyangmur; 2015-06-29 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    I've returned to WoW for a bit to check out Mythic dungeons etc., my Monk char is ilvl 674 and my Priest char is ilvl 672 (only geared chars i had when i stopped playing).
    Overall the Mythic dungeons to me seemed on par or slightly easier than some of the Heroic dungeons in TBC.
    I pugged most of them now, some as dps (Monk), some as tank (Monk) and some as healer (Priest), and overall it was very doable.
    Maybe i'm just an oldschool player who doesn't think the world will end if you die a few times in a videogame and who doesn't expect loot to grow on a pink tree for you to harvest. Sure, we wiped a few times, but that was to be expected doing semi-difficult content with a pickup group, but in the few diff4erent groups i was in, the people seemed to be likeminded and we went on to clear the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different experiences.

All of the mythic ive.done were.through the premade group tool and successfully completed.

One exception - albeit different - was ubrs where the group disbanded after killing the first boss, cause the tank left for his item not dropping

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest. I got back after almost a 4 year break and did some half decent gearing up before 6.2 arrived and i pug'd them all solo as a resto druid without much trouble but maybe i was lucky with the tanks!

Sure people still stands in shit and in mythic it actually hurts alot so if you find yourself with players doing this over and over just let them die and then tell them mythic is not supose to be another roll over and die for free epics
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Finnished 2 of 2 pugs,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Pugged 2
    First me and a buddy pugged Auch. worst experience in my life of my god why 1h+
    Second try, went tank again in Skyreach, 4 other competent people, cleared in 25min no wipes ez life

why would a 685+ geared person go to a dungeon where gear you get is 685? (not counting occasional warforged but those are rare)

these dungeons are doable in 670s, probably even in 660s, people just need to do their part

although yes, its better to do them with people you know :P

Deleted
    completed every mythic pug, mainly due to being over geared blood dk means if the group dies i can solo the rest of the trash pack/boss

Deleted
    Really? Admittedly I'm doing these with friends, but we're having little trouble using 660-680 iLvl alt characters.

Thanks guys for the replies.

I know about the 'doing Mythics with guildies' thing but that's why I'm PUGing - I don't have guildies who will run these with me. If I leave my current guild and join another one, I don't know if there are ppl in the new guild would would be willing to do these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I've successfully pugged every single Mythic dungeon so far. :|

Just make sure everyone is 670+ and you'll be fine.
    Yeah, I do that as well. Start my own group and mention in the title that it's only for 670+ folks. Problem is, one wipe and a key player (tank or healer) leaves. So we'll re-queue and 5-10 mins later, the rest will leave too because we're not getting replacements.

Maybe I'm just unlucky. If you can PUG all of them there's no reason why I can't either. I'll give this 3 more tries today and if I still can't finish even ONE mythic dungeon, I'll just stick to LFR and N HFC...