Seperation of church and state

Why is this such a hard concept for people to grasp, specially in america so many politicians seem to think rules and laws should be modeled after the bible and we should only allow or dissallow what happens there. We see in the news other countries which are governed by complete and utter strict fist of religion meaning no deviation from the scriptures they base thier life around so much so that Apostasy is an actuall crime. Will we ever get around this, will we ever able to get a country ruled by pure logic and not dictated by religion? TO have a proper seperation of church and state rather than a seemlingly metaphorical one that america has?

What are you even talking about?

I can see this thread quickly going to places. Not necessarily the best places.
    But, on topic, give people a proper secular and complete education and you'll see how the countries rid themselves of radical religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What are you even talking about?
    He's drunk on atheism, he needs 20 CCs of Francis Bacon, stat!

I believe it was Richard Dawkins who once stated, "I challenge anyone to choose any random page in the Holy Bible, follow its teachings to the letter, and not end up in jail on the first day". That basically sums up how I feel about theocracy and its inherent insanity. The bible commands slavery, genocide, homophobia, misogyny, rape, murder, and so many other atrocities that it would be nice, just once, to see a politician invoke it without cherry picking only the parts that suit their specific agenda(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the topic I don't see any way this wouldn't devolve into religious discussion or religion bashing. It's a topic best left alone since we have rules against both of those.

Closing.