Arch Class Trinket

First off sorry if this was asked somewhere earlier!
    So I got the class trinket tonight when my guild killed Arch and was wondering if the way it interacted with destro (stacking crit buff on target per incinerate) changed our opener/rotation any. Any help would be appreciated!

Deleted
    Opener
    For the opener it depends on the trinkets you have, you should find your own balance between how many stacks you can put on without wasting any major procs such as 10 second trinkets or intellect ring. When you run with Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia, which you sooner or later will, the window for stacking improves but there's still the intellect from ring to take in consideration. You should safely be able to put at least 3 debuffs up before you start dumping embers and should probably be your minimum.

Single target
    For pure single target nothing has generally changed, if you do your regular single target rotation it should never drop. Naturally you might run into situations where it could be close to dropping due to various mechanics or maybe a lucky streak of Tier 18 four piece proccing (chance not to consume an ember). Therefor tracking the debuff is still a requirement but not a major concern.

Multi-target
    In multi-target scenarios it becomes crucial to micro-manage it based on the amount of targets and the encounter itself, so the approach isn't straight forward.

I personally recommend keeping it up at least on the two main targets, if we assume there is a boss and an add with a good amount of health. You should judge accordingly whether it's worth to stack the debuff on an add depending on its time to die. Putting your main target on focus and having a "/cast [@focus] Incinerate" while focusing on other targets should facilitate the process.
    Last edited by mmocdcb3e778a4; 2015-06-29 at 10:26 AM.

is there any way someone could make a WA similar to HoG dot tracking that would tell you the last second you can to refresh it without droppings the stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by goldfishie View Post
    is there any way someone could make a WA similar to HoG dot tracking that would tell you the last second you can to refresh it without droppings the stacks?
    that would depend on your distance from the target. i'm not sure that's possible for a weak aura to dynamically check that. certainly beyond my skills to create if it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    that would depend on your distance from the target. i'm not sure that's possible for a weak aura to dynamically check that. certainly beyond my skills to create if it is.
    Pretty sure you can but it's probably just easier to assume you are always at max distance for incinerate (40 yards). Time it and see how long it takes for incinerate to hit your target at max range. Subtract that from the debuff timer (10 seconds right?) and keep it on a dynamic WA group(OOM has a nice one) as high priority. I still need the trinket but ill set somethign up once I do

Even at 40y, the travel time will vary based on the target's hitbox size. I'm pretty sure that spells have a hard maximum travel time before the damage is actually applied (even though the spell is still in midair) that you could use to be completely safe, but I'm not sure off the top of my head what the number is.

i have to prefect solution to our range/time problem, lets just become melee locks. i dont see any down side. we can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfishie View Post
    i have to prefect solution to our range/time problem, lets just become melee locks. i dont see any down side. we can do this.
    im quite often a meelelock anyway, for helping reduce aoe dmg on some fights :P
    gogo meelelockpower!

hope to get the trinket at some point, might just take forever with my luck