breaking t17 4 set for offset

I need an opinion. I have the 720 cloth head piece from Archimonde from my heroic cache and 705 shoulders from Iron Reaper. The secondary's are exactly the same ones for my 685 tier helm and shoulders except of course more of it and the int is better aswell. Now I really just want T18 in both those slots but my luck just hasn't been going that way...I keep getting pieces I dont actually want for those slots..anyway....my question is...is it worth breaking my t17 4 set for those two item replacements? Currently I play Arcane and Frost and I'm just not sure it is worth it personally but I have no clue about the math behind it.

if your question is to break your 4set for a 720 & 705 nontier items, then the answer is no.

Once u get 2/4 of the new set pieces, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by siaro View Post
    if your question is to break your 4set for a 720 & 705 nontier items, then the answer is no.

Once u get 2/4 of the new set pieces, then yes.
    I thought as much. 67% chance of success for that heroic cache and it succeeds only to give me something I didn't even want. I've had bad luck this week. Every single piece of loot other then bracers that I have received from HFC is something that I do NOT want. Shoulders, head, and a 1 handed weapon. All garbage. Still no tier 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    I thought as much. 67% chance of success for that heroic cache and it succeeds only to give me something I didn't even want. I've had bad luck this week. Every single piece of loot other then bracers that I have received from HFC is something that I do NOT want. Shoulders, head, and a 1 handed weapon. All garbage. Still no tier 18.
    I haven't got any tier either, and i'm even first in line.. Didn't drop any

However, the 720 head from archimonde is not a bad cache drop, it's prob among top 3 items u can get from it, so don't be displeased

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    It sucks about tier, but that's also a product of the messed up tier drops that will be fixed next week and the Archimonde helm is the best off-set piece you can get. Plus, we have several items off Archimonde that we want, so getting one now is not a bad thing (I got the belt and I was pretty happy about that).

I've had several guildmates who had 705 or even 710 items from their caches that were straight up DE mats.

Deleted
    I broke my T17 set up totally to equip x3 715 crafted gear and switch to frost. Not sure if it as the right thing to do but my dps shot up from the previous raid when i was fire/arcane with 685 T17 4 pc. Perhaps I should still keep the 2 pc as frost?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ooch/advanced

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    they don't put tier token/armor pieces in the mission boxes. Just offset pcs/rings/necks/capes and trinkets. No weps either---- tho you can apparently get shields ...
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

What do you mean by armour pieces? The OP's head is armour as is the belt I got from my cache which for the first time ever was very useful
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-07-02 at 09:59 AM.

Been wondering if you should break tier 17 four pieces as fire? I really don't know how much does the phoenix hit for and is it an aoe hit or a ST hit?