Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is WoWs best addition?

Hello there.

Over the years Blizzard added more and more things to the game, no matter how big or small they were. So, what is for you the best addition to the game? Heroic Dungeons? Pet Battles? Achievements? Maybe something small, like a specific questline or a certain item?

For me, the best addition came with Cata: Interesting questing/solo encounters. Before Cataclysm, each named mob and quest boss had the exact same HP as any other mob of the same level. Most of the time they also had no interesting mechanics. Only Dungeon and group mobs were somewhat interesting, but solo mobs? Nothing special there. Actually, only 2 times I thought that they made an interesting solo encounter. The first was Shartuul's Transporter in BC, the second time was the final battle with Overlord Drakuru in Zul'drak. All other named mobs were extremely boring gameplaywise, because they were as strong as any other mob in the area.

And then, enter Cataclysm. When I saw the battle against Sethria for the very first time in a beta video I completely geeked out. That is a solo mob that has a huge health pool. He is able to use several abilities. Heck, he even had a second phase! And as the game progressed, it only got better. It might be a really small addition for many people, especially compared to some of the huge things, but for me it's one of the best things Blizzard ever added to the game. And I highly doubt things like the Brawler's Guild or even the current rare mobs would exist without making solo bosses more interesting in the first place. This also strengthens the lore, because important characters fought during a solo quest are now actually stronger than the their minions.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    hard mode mechanics for both dungeons and raid. And later mythic.

To have a content available at various level of difficulty was needed in the game. especially to answer the need of such a large population of players.
    as much as i love TBC, and always think it's the apogee of wow, i think heroic and later mythic raiding was a fantastic addition to have the game that fit you just right.

now if they could figure out how to implement heroic and mythic solo content, like questing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying for the first time in TBC was amazing and finally getting enough for epic flying was even better. While it always felt out of place in the old world after they added it in Cataclysm, it always felt right in Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria. I understand what they were trying to do in WoD, but I think it was misguided.

The dungeon finder... hands down. Trying to find a group before the end of WotLK was torture. You'd be sitting in a main city advertising. You'd get 2-3 people, but it would take another 10 minutes to find another, and then one of the others would drop out. No the dungeon finder did create some problems as well, but it was the biggest change in gameplay that I can think of.

I also like raid finder... but the dungeon finder came first.

Honestly, just off the top of my head in a moment to think about it: Specs. It's something that is incredibly great about WoW. The classes are so far from homogenized at the moment (a sinful thing to say here, I know) that you can actually split them into three types each and still have three different sub-classes that aren't overlapped entirely. Games like FF14 can't even touch that as there's more diversity between the three Warlock Specializations than most all the (ff14) Melee classes compared to one another.

Honorable mention goes to the Mists+ talent trees. It's very hard to find a game wherein you're given 7-8 tiers with several skills or passives and you have to choose just one of them but they don't make it a friggin ordeal to change your mind later on. Your priorities can change dramatically depending on what you pick and it's done on the fly.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2015-06-29 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Transmog.

I wouldn't be playing the game right now if I actually had to look at the raid sets for the last couple tiers.

Deleted
    Transmog.

It's something that isn't mandatory and allows you to create your own unique look. Encourages you to see old content if said gear requires it and has opened avenues to new types of content such as Challenege Modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Dual Spec

There's lots of little things that they added for WoD that I adore tbh - Account bound heirlooms and the bag clean up tool to name a couple. I'm personally one who thinks too much convenience is a bad thing (when you don't earn it yourself (e.g. Flying in WoD is a good type of convenience), but for this area I just don't care, i'm glad it's in the game.

Dungeon NOT Raid finder.

WOTLK was where casuals could enjoy dungeons, and gear for raids, and get into raids via groups that were generally friendly at the time.

Meeting stones or battlegrounds.

Transmog. And... nope, just transmog.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Dungeon NOT Raid finder.

WOTLK was where casuals could enjoy dungeons, and gear for raids, and get into raids via groups that were generally friendly at the time.
    This, people complain saying dungeon finder ruined the game (lol), but it was one of the best things that was added imo.

Deleted
    The "/ignore Retard" is the best component of the game.
    Cross realm playing with friends comes close after that.

Blood elves.

Transmogrification.

And many other things, but the two above are what I like the most.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2015-06-30 at 01:43 AM.

blood elf females

attunements... nothing like the BT attunement...

reps not far behind.. loved farming hydraxian waterlords and fulbolg rep

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog.

Because it gave me incentive to run Ulduar a bajillion times.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    blood elf females
    May the gates of Quel'thalas be open to you. Always.