Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Redragon m901 perdition on a mac?

Hello!

I'm about to order this mouse for use on a mac, but for some reason I see people saying you can't use it on a mac. I'm confused, why wouldn't you be able to use a mouse with a mac?

Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

It will work, but you may not be able to access all the buttons without a 3rd party driver, as the manufacturer almost assuredly does not have native Mac drivers.

However, basic mouse functionality and buttons should work, and a LOT of games on the Mac will see the buttons as mappable.

A good, basic 3rd party driver for OSX for USB devices is USB Overdrive. Its got a bit of a learning curve on the interface, but you can usually make anything work with it.

I have found with a RAT MMO TE mouse that all of the buttons are recognized without any drivers in OSX.

You can't do any of the fancy tricks the drivers/software can enable, but if you are simply mapping a particular button on the mouse to a tool bar ability in the WOW keybinding settings, much like the 1-10 number keys are on the keyboard, it works very well and better for my purposes than trying to use the software in windows does.

I don't know that this is the case with that mouse, but I suspect there is a strong likelihood that it would work for it as well.