Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nier, its whole OST is amazing. One of the best OSTs ever.

Child of Light - Auroras theme, one of the best RPGs in recent years with similar to old school combat with a twist

Journey, its whole OST is also amazing, powerful and the music can bring me to close to tears alone

MGS3, Starsailor - way to fall (lyrics are perfect in game)

Last Ninja 2

Kabuki QUantum Fighter

FFX-2 theme

FF9 theme

I could go on and on with both chiptune music & todays music for probably 600 pages myself
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2015-07-28 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totikki your avatar reminded me... we need some From Software love in here!

10+ Year Old Account
    If not for the fact that I associate Mergo's Lullaby with the Wet Nurse that tune could actually put me to sleep. It's soothing in an odd, creepy, beautiful way. Quite a fitting melody for a Great One's baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    If not for the fact that I associate Mergo's Lullaby with the Wet Nurse that tune could actually put me to sleep. It's soothing in an odd, creepy, beautiful way. Quite a fitting melody for a Great One's baby.
    Agreed. When that song played during the credits it gave me chills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything from FF9, instant nostalgia ass rapes me every time but it is genius music either way. I do a play through of FF9 once every year as tradition dictates.

This is what plays after I find out you just fucked my bitch, brought to you by the makers of FF when story and immersion actually mattered.

Just listen to the city of eternal rain, by the way the above vid is not the kuja theme I was intending but it works. Playing through this area was creepy as fuck as a kid. And depressing as hell once you know the story of Freya

Last edited by Lazuli; 2015-07-29 at 09:50 AM.

Witcher 3 no contest, outstanding soundtrack, love almost all of it which is a first for me, usually I like only a few themes at best.

[/QUOTE]

Unreleased themes too...

[/QUOTE]

Deleted
    Of Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 & Bloodborne, Dark Souls is by far the best one. Environment, characters, the lore, well everything is just so good. Masterpiece, which I dont think they will be able to go beyond. Though I have high hopes for DS3 with Myiazaki back. Personally I rank them DS1, BB=DeS, DS2. Though all of them are good.
    If you rank them by OST I think its DeS, BB, DS1/DS2

Demons Souls

Bloodborne

DS1

DS2

I also loved pretty much all of the Mega Man X soundtracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Finally someone else who likes "Way of the Monk"!! Every time there was a "Best WoW soundtrack", I'd be the only one linking it!
    Agreed Way of the Monk is an amazing piece. In fact MOP soundtrack is overall really good. I would list mine but unfortunately it would probably take me hours to list them all since I am very big fan of of game OSTS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom Hearts has really great music too, can't link anything(at work)
    Square Enix in general does really good music.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Dark Souls is by far the best one.
    For me it's really close. Bloodborne has a better story imo, but that's because I'm a sucker for both Victorian and Lovecraftian horror stuff. Dark Souls had better build variety and better NPCs. Not to stray from the topic at hand, though...here's some more awesome Bloodborne stuff:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    For me it's really close. Bloodborne has a better story imo, but that's because I'm a sucker for both Victorian and Lovecraftian horror stuff. Dark Souls had better build variety and better NPCs. Not to stray from the topic at hand, though...here's some more awesome Bloodborne stuff:
    Plus, the bosses are undeniably better in Bloodborne because they have well crafted phases. As opposed to Dark Souls where most bosses only have 1 phase.

But back onto music. This is a song that is instantly recognizably by any fan of KH.

7+ Year Old Account

Yeah imo KH has had some of the best music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Plus, the bosses are undeniably better in Bloodborne because they have well crafted phases. As opposed to Dark Souls where most bosses only have 1 phase.
    Agreed! The Blood-Starved Beast is a great example of a well-designed boss. He keeps ramping up on the "OH FUCK" scale the longer you fight him.

More awesome songs:

10+ Year Old Account

I almost forgot about what a great soundtrack this game had. Its a shame that only the NES version (which is also good) seems to be the only one with a fully uploaded soundtrack, where as I always thought the Tubrografx version was the better one to play (and better soundtrack).

10+ Year Old Account

Any Sonic fan will recognize this song.

Symphony of the Night.

10+ Year Old Account
    * Grabs fur coat and cane *

Never managed to sit still when this track came up:

Good ol' Interstate '76:

Last edited by Mystrome; 2015-08-09 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been working on a playlist of some of the best music from the video games I've played. It doesn't have every game in there yet since I'm still adding to it every once in awhile, but it has a lot of good ones in there.

Since you can't link playlists through the video (or I don't know how to) here's the link to the playlist:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWO4...5NcoyNb7i4hTUj

Feel free to give me suggestions of more music to add.