The BEST way to gear up in 6.2. Nope, not Timewalking.

TL;DR:

Looking at all the (numerous) gearing options of 6.2, I came to the conclusion that nothing beats plain and simple Tanaan Jungle mobs grind - killing rares, doing objectives, the upgrading Baleful tokens and hoping for an Epic proc. It happens quite often.

While other methods are either gated, or just plain painful. At least in my opinion.

Long version of my rambles on this is here - http://wowalt.com/2015/06/best-way-t...h-timewalking/

What's your experience been like so far?
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Of course Timewalking isn't a decent way to gear up. Next to no loot drops and half of it is unusable garbage for some specs.

Another case of great idea/horrible execution.

My Alts will just wait to half ass LFR lol

Timewalking isn't meant for gear, that's why it's only a weekend deal, it's a fun thing to do see old content and a max level oriented scale and maybe a small possible reward (I got some on my warrior alt). I personally enjoy them, as I have a lot of memories of the included instances (even if they can't be as hard as they used to because classes change).

Personally, I really hate how the baleful stuff makes LFR pointless. One of the problems I had with garrison gear being so easy to get, too. As a casual player, this basically means if I do the, well... more casual inclined content, I basically ruin the other side of the casual content for myself, too. (Like, when BRF hit, for example, I think I only needed two items from it at all or something, and I just couldn't push myself to keep doing it just for the slim hope of a warforged item.)

I just did a lot of heroics on my tank and got BOA baleful tokens from the bonus satchels. Seems the bonus is hardly ever active the past few days though.

You're wrong in two big ways.

You're overstating the speed at which you'll get Baleful/Empowered items. Baleful tokens, assuming you are only taking them from drops and not spending Apexis on them, won't be obtained quickly because they're going through three filters; they need to be the right slot, they need to proc 675, they need to have correct stats. Assuming a comfortable 6k Apexis crystals per day, you'll only be able to empower an item every 3 and a bit days; for full 695, you'll need something in the field of 300k Apexis crystals. 300k/6=50 days; that's about 7 raid lockouts.

You're assuming that players are the following: they only play DPS, they don't have friends and they're not willing to make friends. If you have a couple of friends, Mythic dungeons are very approachable, and even if you don't, the pug culture will learn these dungeons soon enough and you will probably be able to comfortably pug them. If you do 7/8 mythic dungeons in each of those 7 raid lockouts (a dungeon a day), you will have killed about 200 bosses in total; it is very, very unlikely that you will not have a full set of 685/705 gear.

If you tank or heal in Timewalker dungeons, or piggyback with a tank or healer, your queues are way shorter.

You're also ignoring crafted items. If you're at this level of gearing, 3/3 or 4/3 crafted is the best thing you can get for gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Personally, I really hate how the baleful stuff makes LFR pointless. One of the problems I had with garrison gear being so easy to get, too. As a casual player, this basically means if I do the, well... more casual inclined content, I basically ruin the other side of the casual content for myself, too. (Like, when BRF hit, for example, I think I only needed two items from it at all or something, and I just couldn't push myself to keep doing it just for the slim hope of a warforged item.)
    Ehhh, this has sadly been the status quo since ICC; pave over the old raids with every new release. I wish it weren't the case, but sadly it is.

For what it's worth, if there were absolutely no other content in the game other than openworld Tanaan, HFC, Mythic and Timewalker dungeons, I'd say the gearing is pretty much perfect. The only bone I'd have to pick would be with the ilvl inflation from 4 raid difficulties, but even then, it only breaks from other content in Heroic and Mythic.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    You're wrong in two big ways.

You're overstating the speed at which you'll get Baleful/Empowered items. Baleful tokens, assuming you are only taking them from drops and not spending Apexis on them, won't be obtained quickly because they're going through three filters; they need to be the right slot, they need to proc 675, they need to have correct stats. Assuming a comfortable 6k Apexis crystals per day, you'll only be able to empower an item every 3 and a bit days; for full 695, you'll need something in the field of 300k Apexis crystals. 300k/6=50 days; that's about 7 raid lockouts.

You're assuming that players are the following: they only play DPS, they don't have friends and they're not willing to make friends. If you have a couple of friends, Mythic dungeons are very approachable, and even if you don't, the pug culture will learn these dungeons soon enough and you will probably be able to comfortably pug them. If you do 7/8 mythic dungeons in each of those 7 raid lockouts (a dungeon a day), you will have killed about 200 bosses in total; it is very, very unlikely that you will not have a full set of 685/705 gear.

If you tank or heal in Timewalker dungeons, or piggyback with a tank or healer, your queues are way shorter.

You're also ignoring crafted items. If you're at this level of gearing, 3/3 or 4/3 crafted is the best thing you can get for gearing.

Ehhh, this has sadly been the status quo since ICC; pave over the old raids with every new release. I wish it weren't the case, but sadly it is.

For what it's worth, if there were absolutely no other content in the game other than openworld Tanaan, HFC, Mythic and Timewalker dungeons, I'd say the gearing is pretty much perfect. The only bone I'd have to pick would be with the ilvl inflation from 4 raid difficulties, but even then, it only breaks from other content in Heroic and Mythic.
    Well, mainly, what I meant is, is it makes the CURRENT LFR pointless, actually. The empowered ones are higher ilvl than LFR, AND are easier to obtain, too, yet content like LFR and Tanaan seem aimed at the same audiences (real casual/guildless players), so it's kind of confusing. Mythic dungeons should be the catch up for the raiders, and Tanaan should be the catch up for the casuals. It shouldn't flat out outmode the current casual raiding content.