Thread: Catch up in 6.2

Deleted

Catch up in 6.2

I stopped playing shortly before BRF

Whats the best way to Gear my alts or Mains quickly now if i plan to reroll?

Honor gear is ilvl 670 in PvE. Start with that. Grind Ashran for artifact fragments/rares/events to get honor.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    well tanaan drops gear tokens kinda like the ones from timeless isle, except they are BoP this time. When you open them you get either a 650 blue or sometimes a 675 purple item and both can even be upgraded to 695 with another (empowered) token. you can either kill rares for the tokens or purchase them from a vendor with apexis crystals.

also i recall hearing the 6.0 apexis gear can now be bought for gold. 20k per 675 item if i recall correctly.

LFR would bump you up a bit too, you can purchase up to 20 of the 6.0 coin for extra chance at gear, and apparently they doubled the rate you get gear from the 6.0 coins.

crafted items can be upgraded even more now too. you can get the base item 640 upgraded to 675 with a single token now and then two more upgrades after that putting them up to 705 (i think?)
    Last edited by Septik; 2015-06-30 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    The raids now have -20% zone wide nerf applied to them which means that they're much easier to pug. Bonus roll coins are now unlimited per week and can be purchased for 300 gold a pop (240 at exalted reputation).

Aside of that, there is baleful gear dropping in copious quanities in Tanaan, as well as the empowered apexis fragments upgrading it to ilevel 695. Plus all the existing raid BOEs from T17 and crafted gear available, which is now rapidly falling in price.

So my path of gearing up would be like this:

1. Ding level 100 - have an ilevel of 605-610
    2. Do a few heroic dungeons
    3. Head to Tanaan Jungle and farm baleful gear & apexis crystals
    4. Do Highmaul HC / BF Normal
    5. Do HFC LFR / BF heroic / Highmaul Mythic + Mythic dungeons
    6. Once at about 680, start HFC Normal

You can speed up the process with crafted gear, old apexis gear and BOE gear from raids in AH. This costs a lot of gold though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    1. Ding level 100 - have an ilevel of 605-610
    3. Head to Tanaan Jungle and farm baleful gear & apexis crystals
    What would we guess is the min 'safe' ilvl for tanaan? i've only taken heroic brf+ geared chars to it so far.

Has anyone gone there with a fresh 100? What was the experience like for you? I kinda remember going to TI with a fresh 90 and getting murdered by frogs and snakes.

Deleted
    Okay thanks for the answers

The empowered apexis fragments, are they limited? Like, on Timeless Isle you could get your hands on 3-4~ if you where lucky.

Could you potentially upgrade your whole baleful gear to 695?

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Could you potentially upgrade your whole baleful gear to 695?
    Yes, it just requires a lot of apexis crystals.

For those who don't know: if you get a baleful weapon and then buy the 695 upgrade, it works on the weapon. Unlike Timeless Isle where you could be covered in 535 gear and they eventually "graciously added" 489 weapons, this time they straight-up let you get your weapon from the same process.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

timewalking is one of the best immediate easy sources for a fresh 100, but only during the weekend events

otherwise Tanaan farm and old raids on heroic (depends on the PuG too, like I tried BRF heroic on alt in 6.2 after the -20% nerf, we one-shot Beastlord and Thogar and wiped a lot on Oregorger and Maidens still, so yeah .. though if you can get into a solid PuG then its good)

and as soon as you are 660/665 or 670+ you can start 5-man mythics, but that will actually be pretty hard content

LFR HFC will be the easiest quickest catch-up with good ilvl, but it will take 10 weeks to fully open all 5 wings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    For those who don't know: if you get a baleful weapon and then buy the 695 upgrade, it works on the weapon. Unlike Timeless Isle where you could be covered in 535 gear and they eventually "graciously added" 489 weapons, this time they straight-up let you get your weapon from the same process.
    another thing about baleful weapons - the weapon which you roll is random

meaning for example if you are DK and have your loot spec set on Frost - the game will ignore what weapon you actually have equipped and can give you either a 1-h or a 2-h randomly

Deleted
    Dinged 100 just now, should I focus on getting followers/legendary stuff over gear (did they actually do some catch up stuff like in t16 where you got your legendary stuff far quicker? Is it recommended to get your garrison followers up and going asap or isn't that as important now as it was with 6.1?) or should I just actually play the game as much as possible and not worry so much? I remember it was quite frustrating in t16 without legendary cloak since you had no chance to compete.

Also since gold has become a big factor: I never played ah much besides selling some current easy-to-get stuff (Kazzak particles I something I already know). Are there some easy to get items like battle pets or so still worth to sell? Also how big are professions atm? They look really bad to me with all their daily cooldowns... And those treasure hunter missions - how long does it take to actually get some profit as a new 100 from these?

15+ Year Old Account
    if ur a good boy and do ur dailies u get around 11k apexis a day from tanaan, do 1 695token every other day together with all the other things
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    What would we guess is the min 'safe' ilvl for tanaan? i've only taken heroic brf+ geared chars to it so far.

Has anyone gone there with a fresh 100? What was the experience like for you? I kinda remember going to TI with a fresh 90 and getting murdered by frogs and snakes.
    I went there on a 618 Fury warrior and it was fairly difficult in some places, but as long as I avoided elites I didn't have issues staying alive (only time I died was when I accidentally summoned a rare and it destroyed me in seconds ). Of course warriors are very sturdy against quest mobs with the constant healing from Victory Rush as well as Defensive Stance and Die by the Sword, so a less-sturdy class might not want to go there solo for a while.