Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You ever seee this? I never did until yesterday. Naked dungeon running.

I had one of my alts running in Auchenai. We start the dungeon, and we were in it a minute before I realized the tank was not wearing any gear. Then about 3 minutes in, the tank asks everybody to take some gear off. Two other characters basically stripped down to very little gear. The healer and I ( a ret pally ) stayed in full gear.

We weren't dying at all, but we were taking forever to kill stuff. So, I asked why they decided to do this, as I had never seen anybody do this before, and I got an answer like "Dude, people have been doing this for a long time".

Well, I have played since about the 1st month of WoW, and have never seen anything like that in a dungeon. Sure, I have seen similar in cities, but never in a dungeon.

Is this common?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen it happen and I've been playing for 5 years. I started when the LFD tool came out. No one ever ran it naked.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Not common. Also, it's unfair with you or anyone who doesn't want to dungeon that way - not everyone queue to have a experience like this one O_o

Deleted
    Probably some kind of weird fetish?

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Nope. Not common. Also, it's unfair with you or anyone who doesn't want to dungeon that way - not everyone queue to have a experience like this one O_o
    I agree.... kind of pissed me off, but also kind of was amusing.... however, I hope I never have it happen again.

News to me. Never seen that in LFD. Now, my guild used to get together and do drunken Aspect of the Pack heroics on Friday nights...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    News to me. Never seen that in LFD. Now, my guild used to get together and do drunken Aspect of the Pack heroics on Friday nights...
    THIS sounds like a great idea. I'll suggest this to my guild mates!

10+ Year Old Account
    The monthly naked drunken raid is the highlight of my alts' guilds calendar.

Never heard of this, are you sure they weren't friends?

the fact no one was dying at all just says it all about the difficulty of dungeons lol.

i remember maraudon loong before the lfg tool.... Yes some people were almost naked or wearing very inapropiate gear. Things has avolved some since then

Edit: we did die alot back then though, even with gear

In TBC high-geared pallies would sometimes have a problem where they weren't taking enough damage to require enough healing to regenerate enough mana to keep threat. The solution was to remove a piece of armour, usually the pants.

I ran LFR naked all the time in SoO with my mythic weapon and trinkets, I would do like 200k lfr raiders were so stupid they did not notice the naked dwarf top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've never seen it happen and I've been playing for 5 years. I started when the LFD tool came out. No one ever ran it naked.
    Oooh man I've been waiting for this! Back on March 28th 2012 I had just started really getting into "legitimate WoW" for the first time. Learning group content rather than soloing everything, etc. Tanks weren't always good at their job but this guy was going for it all the way.

Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Some friends and I used to do this regularly. We started as "No Pants dungeons" where we removed pants items. It eventually morphed into all of us seeing how good we could do using far lower gear. Eventually it culminated into a group of us using WOTLK gear in Throne of Thunder normal while it was current content. It is just something to do to increase difficulty for the shit of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did this sporadically during LK through Cataclysm with a group of friends. We also did raids by taking off various pieces of gear.

Context: It all started out as a joke when I was tanking and my friend started (jokingly) complaining that I wasn't taking any damage so I started removing gear piece by piece until all I was left with was my weapon.

I would have kicked that tank.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I would have kicked that tank.
    I would have kicked the developer who made it possible. Then again the community can't really handle more, so players are stuck with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    I would have kicked the developer who made it possible. Then again the community can't really handle more, so players are stuck with this.
    Yeah damn them for being able to unequip gear.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Yeah damn them for being able to unequip gear.
    Right, that's what I meant..