Thread: PvP spec

Deleted

PvP spec

What's the go-to spec for PvP these days?

All 3. Assassination - insane burst capability right now with excellent sustained damage. Sub - always been the go to control spec (more frequent garrote and cheap shots). Combat - ezpz to play, killing spree still strong despite the changes to being cc'd while using.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    All 3. Assassination - insane burst capability right now with excellent sustained damage. Sub - always been the go to control spec (more frequent garrote and cheap shots). Combat - ezpz to play, killing spree still strong despite the changes to being cc'd while using.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    all 3 are around. Assassination seems to be the fotm right now. Sub is definitely viable though. Combat has faded quite a bit since the KS nerf, but I don't think it's dead.

Short answer:

The one you enjoy to play the most. Can't stand people that change spec because one is better than the other.

Long answer:

Assassination is the new FotM spec. Seems like everyone is switching to this spec now. Every kid wants to oneshot with vendetta + DFA. Great spec for oneshots but it also has good sustained damage. Personally i think they should remove both "enhanced vendetta" and the 4-set bonus. The oneshot is beyond overpowered.

Combat has great sustained damage and good burst. KS nerf does not seem to be such a big deal after all. Most combat rogues seems to stick to combat.

Subtlety has the worst sustained damage by far. 20% buff to Backstab did nothing. Hemo deals no damage at all (i don't get it why they never buff this spell!).

Been watching some streams and 90% of the rogues in Arena are playing Assassination right now.
    Personally i will stick to Subtlety and also some Assassination since that's what i've always played. Really enjoy both specs. Combat is boring.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2015-06-30 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit sad that Assassination is FotM. Been playing Assassination mainly since WotLK since Skilling Spree is an abomination and should be removed.