Windwalker HFC Statistics.

Hello fellow Windwalker Monks. Well the first week of Hellfire Citadel has passed us and I was curious to see how other Windwalkers were performing in HFC. I was only able to do 10/13N and 1/13H, and from the experience there, a lot of fights that just didn't feel very windwalker friendly (Hellfire Assault/Kormok).

Average Dps statistics at the 80th percentile in Hellfire (Heroic)
    (Unable to post the image)
    But....
    We are floating down there just below average (14th of 24). But this is kind of just a general idea because some of the classes can just respec for different fights. Ie Fire Mage for AOE/Arcane Mage for Single Target, Combat for AOE/Sub for Single target. So what I did was go through each boss statistics at the 80% and wrote down where the top rank of the class for every boss.

Example
    Hellfire Assault

1 Shaman
    2 Rogue
    3 Death Knight
    4 Warrior
    5 Paladin
    6 Druid
    7 Mage
    8 Priest
    9 Warlock
    10 Hunter
    11 Monk

After taking the note of all the bosses. I added up each ranking of the class and divided by the number of bosses. Here are the results.

Death Knight 2.08
    Rogue 4.38
    Warrior 4.62
    Druid 5.23
    Shaman 5.92
    Mage 6.00
    Warlock 6.38
    Hunter 7.23
    Priest 7.69
    Monk 8.08
    Paladin 8.38

Well the good news is we aren't the worst!.... sadly were lagging pretty far behind with Priest and Paladins. I'm sure these statistics will change drastically once everyone starts getting new gear, specifically set bonuses and class trinkets. But this is where we are at now.

i tried to explain it to people back when we initially got nerfed in highmaul. the types of general % nerfs we were getting were going to ruin the way in which we scale with gear later down the line. Classes without giant blanket nerfs spent the first tier outscaling us, and we watched ourselves go from top of the pack to middle. This tier everything is still the same, so we'll get to watch ourselves slide from middle of the pack to the bottom while other classes better convert stats into damage. Meanwhile, the problem still is and will continue to be that we're balanced around SEF. The only fights we're an actual asset on are those gimmick fights. I'm sorry, "niche fights".

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The classes with only 1 DPS spec are the 3 lowest, doubt that's a coincidence.

Its also only been one week, and Windwalker is a spec that takes some trial and error to figure out whats the best way to play a fight.

To call fights that cater to SEF "gimmick" fights would require you to say that any fight with aoe is a gimmick fight, basically anything beyond tank and spank that has any mechanic or "gimmick" to the fight.

At the moment, with the fights in HFC, its ok to be balance around SEF as nearly all fights can make use out of it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I am curious to see what happens to class balance after everyone gets their 4p+trinket.

Deleted
    I ditched my WW now. Loved WW in MOP, but now it is not fun to play anymore, takes too much work and micromanaging. Changed to Feral, even thought it is not top tier and aoe is pretty bad, atleast the single target is good and it is much much better to be balanced around single target than some gimmick long cleave fight.