Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Has Blizz acknowledged anything about Survival?

We all know survival is crap right now in pretty much every aspect. No burst, no execute, lower dmg than tanks on most fights.... I was just wondering if there is any links from twitter or anywhere else anyone could provide with their design philosophy behind doing that to a spec I fell in love with during SoO? I tried to raid all weekend as survival and people kept kicking me from the group before I even had a chance to pull a boss.....

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Based on past history, they will likely bump up the damage of Survival Hunters next Tuesday or the Tuesday after. They usually want a solid week or two of data to parse before making such adjustments (and then another week to implement and quickly test). I would not expect them to mention anything prior (I don't recall them saying anything before they made the adjustments to some of the specs after Highmaul was released).

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Based on past history, they will likely bump up the damage of Survival Hunters next Tuesday or the Tuesday after. They usually want a solid week or two of data to parse before making such adjustments (and then another week to implement and quickly test). I would not expect them to mention anything prior (I don't recall them saying anything before they made the adjustments to some of the specs after Highmaul was released).

If they bump SV and nerf MM, I'm going to be so pissed.

How would this happen w hardly anyone playing SV?

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I'm actually kind of surprised to see 5 SV hunters killed Normal Archimonde (0 on Heroic). Less surprised when you see how poorly each one did DPS wise.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&spec=Survival

I know at least one is from a 10/10M 12/13H guild, presumably on an alt.

Deleted
    I guess they just wanted to see for themselves how the spec played out in 6.2.
    Already the top parser of them SV hunters has went MM.

I actually thought they would have done something by now, they have been buffing other class trinkets by 30% (shadow priest for one i believe) but yet just tweak the SV trinket to act accordingly.
    Perhaps they see something completely different to us.

Well they see shit because even real world tests show SV being dumpster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been hounding @WarcraftDevs on twitter requesting some kind of acknowledgement of the Survival situation, but so far they aren't responding. I mean they aren't blind, obviously they know Survival is god-awful, the question is why nothing is being done about it. They massively buffed Enhancement via hotfix last week, so clearly they're willing to buff when necessary. I'm just wondering if there's another motive to keeping Survival down, similar to the demonology situation. Maybe they want to overhaul Survival and keep people away from it in the meantime?

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I've been hounding @WarcraftDevs on twitter requesting some kind of acknowledgement of the Survival situation, but so far they aren't responding. I mean they aren't blind, obviously they know Survival is god-awful, the question is why nothing is being done about it. They massively buffed Enhancement via hotfix last week, so clearly they're willing to buff when necessary. I'm just wondering if there's another motive to keeping Survival down, similar to the demonology situation. Maybe they want to overhaul Survival and keep people away from it in the meantime?
    What's the point of keeping people away from it in the meantime?

Why nerf it before fixing it ? Why not just leave it like it was (ie playable) until they were truly ready to really fix it ?

I don't understand. There probably is nothing to understand though. Just blizz being blizz.

Massively buffed Enhancement? It was like a 5% DPS buff to Single-target.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should just keep the Mastery buff and revert the nerf on Explosive Shot/Serpent Sting damage and revert the Serpent Sting instant tick.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    While not the most popular spec, there are plenty playing the spec for Blizz to collect data. Even 5% of hunters running SV in raids (best data I can find says about 7% are playing SV in the current raid) will result in several thousands of parses (perhaps more than 10k parses). That is more than enough statistical data for Blizz to work with.

While not the most popular spec, there are plenty playing the spec for Blizz to collect data. Even 5% of hunters running SV in raids (best data I can find says about 7% are playing SV in the current raid) will result in several thousands of parses (perhaps more than 10k parses). That is more than enough statistical data for Blizz to work with.
    I don't think you have to think much about it. If 5% is playing SV(casuals who don't care about DPS), 15% BM and 80% MM, something is off with the balance and it shouldn't be that hard to figure it out even for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I don't think you have to think much about it. If 5% is playing SV(casuals who don't care about DPS), 15% BM and 80% MM, something is off with the balance and it shouldn't be that hard to figure it out even for Blizzard.
    Why would you assume because someone is casual they don't care about dps? Its statements like yours that create these stereo types.

SV does have alot of self healing built into it now.. Every time you kill something or just pop into camo you get healed. Maybe those people are just SV cause they solo and want the extra healing. And using LFR data when your talking about serious raiders shouldn't count. Also where did you get the 5% from? could we have a source for that data you quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabon View Post
    Why would you assume because someone is casual they don't care about dps? Its statements like yours that create these stereo types.

SV does have alot of self healing built into it now.. Every time you kill something or just pop into camo you get healed. Maybe those people are just SV cause they solo and want the extra healing. And using LFR data when your talking about serious raiders shouldn't count. Also where did you get the 5% from? could we have a source for that data you quoted?
    I think his point was more than SV isn't viable under any circumstances.. at all. If you look at the Heroic parses, it's putting out embarrassingly low numbers.

There isn't a single Mythic SV parse (not surprising), yet there are parses for EVERY OTHER spec spec.

edit: And if you look at the stats, even BM is performing low (though I'm surprised people are using it at all given how good MM is for HFC)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, as someone who absolutely loves SV.. I'm enjoying MM quite a lot. Even if they do buff SV I'll probably stick with MM. Unless SV becomes the to-go spec. Still it's quite obnoxious how Blizzard has treated the survival spec. No cool points fdor Blizz.

My biggest problem with the current situation is that i'm wondering what to do with my multistrike enchants and gear, and what to do with baleful gear + the 695 upgrades.

I don't raid anymore but I love to solo old content, farm ashran's rares, pull huge packs of elite mobs in tanaan and push my class as much as possible outside of raids. Survival was perfect for me in that way. I liked the sustained, I liked the aoe, I liked the self heals after killing stuff. Mostly I liked the playstyle. If they are going to fix it I will respec to it instantly. But if not, it's just too weak at the moment for me to continue having fun with it. A bit in limbo... will they buff or won't they..

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    My biggest problem with the current situation is that i'm wondering what to do with my multistrike enchants and gear, and what to do with baleful gear + the 695 upgrades.

I don't raid anymore but I love to solo old content, farm ashran's rares, pull huge packs of elite mobs in tanaan and push my class as much as possible outside of raids. Survival was perfect for me in that way. I liked the sustained, I liked the aoe, I liked the self heals after killing stuff. Mostly I liked the playstyle. If they are going to fix it I will respec to it instantly. But if not, it's just too weak at the moment for me to continue having fun with it. A bit in limbo... will they buff or won't they..
    just get baneful gear of the savage and you are good on both specs.

Quote Originally Posted by jinsu View Post
    just get baneful gear of the savage and you are good on both specs.
    I thought about that, but I just love for my 2nd secondary stat to be versatility. I like the damage reduction for soloing, questing in tanaan.

I know I'm picky...

But then again perhaps I'll keep my strategist (MS+versa) gear. With mage tower's crit buff, it's nice too for MM for Tanaan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely getting data on buffing the spec outside SS damage. As far as i remember the spec has seen major buffs in the past expansions only to SS but i dont main a hunter so im not 100% sure.

That or they want everyone to forget it exists and make it more trap/melee based.