Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    RIP SV....welcome patch 7.1

It's a shame, I liked playing survival

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    It's a shame, I liked playing survival
    It's not only a shame, it's utterly stupid to give a choice for 3 specs and after every patch gimp one or two options..!

Deleted
    Supposedly the change to Multistrike Arcane & Multi proccing a second Serpent Sting was not the intended design.
    Supposedly the change to Serpent Sting's large inital tick was also no longer intended to remain now it cannot be cast on its own.

So in theory the change was a bug fix. Doesn't mean it's not a nerf though.

I imagine that the "fix" was implemented by the bug fixing team and the balancing team were left to clean it up which they haven't done.

It'll be interesting when (if?) the compensation buff comes. Multistrike has taken a massive hit in value for SV, is it even top dog anymore?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    survival damage is indeed pretty bad

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T18N.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on the surv wagon as much as you guys are. But surv did need to be fixed. With the multi scaling it had it would have trumped everything else very hard. Something that a simple numbers tweak wont fix. In saying that, purely just taking away the only thing that made them viable was a bit crude, but in their eyes having 1 spec do way less is better than having it do way more.

I doubt it will be touched other than 'Explosive shot now does (+!#)' until next expac then it will be reworked.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    but they did tweak a few numbers though, they nerf many survival spells. it always amaze me how amateur and fan can create tools like simulationcraft that can predict the DPS of a given spec, yet blizzard, with all their billions can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomath View Post
    I am on the surv wagon as much as you guys are. But surv did need to be fixed. With the multi scaling it had it would have trumped everything else very hard. Something that a simple numbers tweak wont fix. In saying that, purely just taking away the only thing that made them viable was a bit crude, but in their eyes having 1 spec do way less is better than having it do way more.

I doubt it will be touched other than 'Explosive shot now does (+!#)' until next expac then it will be reworked.
    Right now for survival giving a 30% buff to Arcane Shot and Black Arrow damage, 60% increase to multishot damage and 15% to Explosive Shot and Serpent Sting would fix the spec IMO, ofc would need testing and I just threw the percentages in. Might not even be enough.

The spec is perfect, the gamestyle is really really fluid and one of the best specs to play in the game but just the numbers are way too low.

15+ Year Old Account

Then please explain Arcane Mage vs the other speccs? They did buff Frost a bit, still Arcane has about 20K higher DPS in the endgame (and 50K away from SV)

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Right now for survival giving a 30% buff to Arcane Shot and Black Arrow damage, 60% increase to multishot damage and 15% to Explosive Shot and Serpent Sting would fix the spec IMO, ofc would need testing and I just threw the percentages in. Might not even be enough.

The spec is perfect, the gamestyle is really really fluid and one of the best specs to play in the game but just the numbers are way too low.
    Survival needs an overall 45% damage increase to be where MM is.

MM is so good with 4 piece I really don't care for surv at all right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate how Surv is nerfed to the ground because I loved the instant shots playstyle. BM is just clunky as hell to play and MM is way too slow for my taste. Don't really like having to deal with a casting bar.

Unfortunately I am forced to play MM if I want to be taken seriously. Such a shame really. Hope they'll fix it.

I wish and wish they'd revert it to the way it was during SoO. Loved the spec then, it felt powerful and NO, it did NOT need serpent sting baked into arcane shot. It felt so much better with cobra shot refreshing serpent sting and applying it with a separate shot. Will always cherish the burst feel I had with my trinkets and engineering perks and all that jazz during SoO.

I want my favourite spec back...tried switching to it with Focusing Shot during one fight and Lone Wolf on another and I HATE the feel of the spec now.

BM = I just cannot stand how my pet gets out of range of stuff and the lack of dots.

MM = Too slow. I grow bored standing still for a buff and constant cast bars. No dots there either as well. At least I like that it doesn't depend on a pet.

Playing BM right now but considering going MM simply because I'm tired of BM. Did MM a while during Highmaul and didn't loathe it. Then there's the problem of having been gearing for BM which means I went for mastery pieces.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2015-07-10 at 11:47 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    you only have steady shot as casting bar, and survival has cobra shot. That being said, since chimera and aimed shot cost more focus, perhaps you see that steady shot casting bar more often than you would see cobra shot bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you only have steady shot as casting bar, and survival has cobra shot. That being said, since chimera and aimed shot cost more focus, perhaps you see that steady shot casting bar more often than you would see cobra shot bar.
    Aimed shot has a cast bar too.

Can someone help me out here - the only thing in the patch notes about surv was a BUFF to its mastery, removing the initial tick from serpent sting, and reducing the damage of explosive shot...is that really ALL it took to make surv terrible? Were there stealth nerfs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    Can someone help me out here - the only thing in the patch notes about surv was a BUFF to its mastery, removing the initial tick from serpent sting, and reducing the damage of explosive shot...is that really ALL it took to make surv terrible? Were there stealth nerfs or something?
    The initial tick from serpent sting was HUGE.

Deleted
    The "fix" was removing the large initial tick from Serpent Sting as well as preventing multi-strikes from arcane shot & multi-shot from creating a second Serpent Sting (+ large inital tick).

Pro: Multistrike is no longer such a dominant stat for SV anymore
    Con: Nobody can be arsed to work out what is the best stat for SV anymore because the damage output is akin to hitting the boss with a feather duster.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've raided as Survival since WOTLK, (except for expansion pre-patch 6.0 cause MM was like double the dmg). I am also playing MM now because surv dmg is utter ^&@$. It feels soooo slooowwwww, I miss surv fluid fast paced playstyle, but the dmg difference is just way too big.

enhancement wasn't 'massively buffed' by any stretch. they got a 3-4% dps increase that knocked them a peg above windwalker monks.

Hunters have 2 strong specs already. Shamans have two garbage dps ones. If you give hunters 3 great dps specs while monks and shamans are screwed you're going to have a riot