Holy's Power word shield cd

Hey guys, i have lately been running some runs i hellfire without a disc in my group for as long as i can remember.
    And with that chance i could throw out some shields to targets with debuffs etc. And that was doing a fear good to the team.
    So my thoughts are as simple as i think the holy spec should have no cd on shield like the discy.

Obviously when there is a disc in the group holy would hold back on the shield since disc have stronger shields, but without a disc, holy would see an different play style to shine and prevent soaking dmg etc. I for sure would atleast want the option to play as pre active healer some part of the fight if its needed when our disc is not in group. And i cant see any op reason this cant be a thing really.

Any thoughts about this? Feel free to comment positives and negatives about this

I think absorbs conceptually are so powerful that they would need to nerf holy's shield into the dirt if they could just free cast it in any circumstances. The CD at least forces you to switch to other spells for a while.

And that is exacly what discs is doing right? :P
    But the thing is, holy really needs something to be single target heal that is not shit, and require us to change stance.
    The shield is one of the most iconic spells for a priest, and making it viable for holy should be okay. Atleast when the disc
    playstyle is still in the game.

I could even consider shield for holy to be a 2 stack capped thing with 5 sec recharge, or something like that. I think it would be a nice way to give
    holy something usefull to the raid team, so that disc didnt feel as mandatory

Holy would need a very powerful niche ability to be as mandatory/coveted as a disc priest. Like...a guardian spirit aura that saves people from dying without consuming battle rez charges or something. Absorbs are just too strong for a run-of-the-mill healing spec to compete with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    Holy would need a very powerful niche ability to be as mandatory/coveted as a disc priest. Like...a guardian spirit aura that saves people from dying without consuming battle rez charges or something. Absorbs are just too strong for a run-of-the-mill healing spec to compete with.
    Im not talking about the holy being as mandatory as disc, but disc not being as mandatory as before if we could pre shield some stuff to. And yea, the guardian spirit have alot of potential. Have many ideas for that one. The one you mention about guardian saves someone from dying is a cool one. Could also be a spell you have on the tank etc that incrases heals on the target and prevent death, and have a 3min cd if it gets sacrifised. But doesnt have a cd to change target, so that you can save someone you think will die by simply moving the guardian spirit to them

Quote Originally Posted by Skillz View Post
    Im not talking about the holy being as mandatory as disc, but disc not being as mandatory as before if we could pre shield some stuff to. And yea, the guardian spirit have alot of potential. Have many ideas for that one. The one you mention about guardian saves someone from dying is a cool one. Could also be a spell you have on the tank etc that incrases heals on the target and prevent death, and have a 3min cd if it gets sacrifised. But doesnt have a cd to change target, so that you can save someone you think will die by simply moving the guardian spirit to them
    But it's not like disc is wildly powerful. It's not even the best healing spec right now. Nerfing discipline to the point where it is as valuable as holy would require the near-removal of absorbs. Holy needs buffs.