Are any of those ''Real life'' scare pranks in America real?

Shit like this.

Because after reading that article that says about a third of americans own a gun I think you really need to be stupid to pull off pranks like this one. My first reaction would be to turn the pranker's stomach into a sprinkler.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this I don't even

What the hell does owning a gun have to do with anything? Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you have the balls to use it. You act like people with guns are fearless and wouldn't be freaked out by this sort of thing. It's human nature to be scared of the unknown, and scared of things you perceive as a threat, no matter how much heat you are packing.

Also, I very much doubt these guys are doing this in an area known for gun carrying. Contrary to what the world likes to believe about the US, not the ENTIRE country carries guns. "A third" as you say leaves quite a bit of space for non-gun carriers, wouldn't you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

There are a lot of places in the US where it's rare for people to be armed, New York City is one such place. But thinking about it, it must be staged because even if those people aren't armed, they would call 911 and this would upset the police a lot, getting people to dial 911 needlessly is probably even a crime.

And if you own a gun you don't always carry it, carrying a gun can be inconvenient and even the light ones get heavy after a while.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    What is this I don't even

What the hell does owning a gun have to do with anything? Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you have the balls to use it. You act like people with guns are fearless and wouldn't be freaked out by this sort of thing. It's human nature to be scared of the unknown, and scared of things you perceive as a threat, no matter how much heat you are packing.

Also, I very much doubt these guys are doing this in an area known for gun carrying. Contrary to what the world likes to believe about the US, not the ENTIRE country carries guns. "A third" as you say leaves quite a bit of space for non-gun carriers, wouldn't you say?
    Personally if I carried a firearm I and something happened to made me think my own life or someone else's life was in danger I would use the Escalation of Force pyramid to get the situation under control, but somehow I very much doubt that most people that carry weapons have that training, especially when it seems like even the police in the US do not have that training.

Being afraid is to most people a very good reason to shoot, and I would not do those pranks in an area where people are likely, or even unlikely to carry a weapon.
    Fienden sitt våpen kastet, opp visiret for,
    vi med undren mot ham hastet, ti han var vår bror.
    Drevne frem på stand av skammen gikk vi søderpå;
    nu vi står tre brødre sammen,
    og skal sådan stå!

some of those things defo happen. I know a girl that was "pranked" by some youtube wannabies.. She ended up in hospital because of the shock (she has some semi serious heart condition).. When she fainted and hit the ground the "pranksters" ran away.. >.>' not USA though, so it's extremely rare for anyone to have a gun around here..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    And if you own a gun you don't always carry it, carrying a gun can be inconvenient and even the light ones get heavy after a while.
    You need a different permit to own, and different to carry it concealed, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

On the topic of ownership, most of those numbers are from people owning shotguns and hunting rifles, not handguns.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    some of those things defo happen. I know a girl that was "pranked" by some youtube wannabies.. She ended up in hospital because of the shock (she has some semi serious heart condition).. When she fainted and hit the ground the "pranksters" ran away.. >.>' not USA though, so it's extremely rare for anyone to have a gun around here..

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between open and concealed carry. Some states allow open carry.

Reminds me of this lovely bit

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    [video=youtube;oFMsqrG9RWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFMsqrG9RWg[/]

Shit like this.

Because after reading that article that says about a third of americans own a gun I think you really need to be stupid to pull off pranks like this one. My first reaction would be to turn the pranker's stomach into a sprinkler.
    owning and carrying one around are 2 different things. It's pretty strick in a lot of states, especially blue states on having a concealed carry law. Don't believe the Liberals, we're not having shootouts like in the old west here. Most shootings happen in poor inner city neighborhoods, a place you probably want to carry a gun to protect yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    It varies from state to state, but yeah, I believe most states require a separate permit to conceal carry. Some don't require a permit just to own (Georgia, for example). iirc, as long as you're legal age (either 18 or 21, I forget) and have no felonies on your record, you can buy/own all you want there. Georgia is a pretty gun-friendly state. But then I've heard stories about people who live in states like GA and end up getting arrested in states like NY because they didn't realize that gun laws there are so strict and take their guns with them.

OT: Yeah, if I were armed at the time and saw that, it wouldn't end well. It's really a stupid prank to pull, because you have no idea how your victims are going to react, whether they're armed or not. If some Bruce Lee type sees you, you might get your ass kicked. Or a cop might spot you, and he might react to what he sees as a guy covered in blood with a chainsaw coming at him.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-01 at 12:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The vast majority of Americans don't keep their guns on them; they are usually in their homes. Even those with concealed carry permits (my father has one) don't regularly carry guns around. Even the open carry areas / states are seeing increased push back from the public, so it is still pretty rare to see those types of people around...and when you do, they are happy little idiots proudly displaying their firearms / waving them around, so they are easy to see ahead of time.

A new anti-gun thread. Special snowflakes everywhere.....

As others have said.
    1. 30% don't all own pistols
    2. 30% don't all carry
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    As real as their reality shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has just become another gun-related thread and we already have other threads and a megathread for that. Since this has gone off topic since the second post, I'm closing it.