Page 1 of 3
LastLast

HFC Hunter Tips & Tricks

Anything specific to Hunters that will come in handy?

One thing I've noticed is that if you get rocked up on Archimonde, disengage does not break the damage mechanic.

Anyone know if deterrence negates the damage making it possible for the Hunter to eat it all? I believe I tried it once and it did work, but not positive.

Deleted
    I was listening the HuntingPartyPodcast yesterday and Artemishowl said that you can Deterrence then Disengage the damage form Archimonde, havent tested it myself yet tho.

Deleted
    fast tip: If you are asked to soak Black Holes in xul'horac be aware that deterrance doesn't negate or reduce it's damage (neither does dispersion, greater invis, etc) so be ready to tell your RL "No" or to die in the attemp :P

10+ Year Old Account
    On Gorefiend, if your team is having trouble with the permanent void zones that you drop (Can't remember the name right now), hunters can deterrence and run right over top of other void zones to drop their own without taking up more space, and then run back out. No damage.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few things I have picked up so far.

-If you feign as you get picked up on Kormrock you will still get dragged but you don't take any damage, similar to Kro'mog hands before it was patched. May or may not be significant on mythic, not sure on their damage.

-On both Iskar winds and Mannoroth pushback you can use Disengage to "stop" your self, you stay still in the air until your feet touch the ground again giving you over a second of extra time if you are close to going off the edge.

-Kinda obvious but the spirits on Soccrethar can be slowed and stunned making frost trap/binding invaluable.

-Distracting and glyphed explosive trap are both really great to split up infernals on Archimonde to stop their aoe pulse heal.

-Throwing a binding in the middle of the green nether portals on Archimonde will basically insta stun the shadow adds making it much easier for ranged to switch to. With 3 hunters you can almost rotate them indefinitely.

-Another somewhat obvious but easy to overlook one. On Xhul'horac the big fel/shadow add that spawns shares damage with the boss, both ways. So during the first add once it is under 80% hp start pumping aimed shots into the boss instead (assuming he is above 80%) to kill the add faster.
    Last edited by Miiir; 2015-07-01 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post

One thing I've noticed is that if you get rocked up on Archimonde, disengage does not break the damage mechanic.

Anyone know if deterrence negates the damage making it possible for the Hunter to eat it all? I believe I tried it once and it did work, but not positive.
    You can disengage, but will still explode when you land. Deterrence will prevent the damage from the explosion when you land.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    fast tip: If you are asked to soak Black Holes in xul'horac be aware that deterrance doesn't negate or reduce it's damage (neither does dispersion, greater invis, etc) so be ready to tell your RL "No" or to die in the attemp :P
    It worked for me, but I had to use it, then run in and have it explode. If I ran in, then used it, then it exploded, it would still hit. Granted, I only tested it once so I could certainly be wrong.

edit: Nevermind. I guess this changed. Doesn't matter when I deterrence now, can't solo soak it.
    Last edited by Sukandi; 2015-07-02 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    You can soak it with deterrence actually,you just need to not take ANY damage from the black hole then run in with deterrence and it works fine,it doesn't work if it damaged you first,then you pop deterrence and try to soak it

- - - Updated - - -

Deterrence blocks the damage,but only on you,when you land you will still damage nearby players iirc,so disengage away from other people = 0 damage

Quote Originally Posted by Mathas View Post
    I was listening the HuntingPartyPodcast yesterday and Artemishowl said that you can Deterrence then Disengage the damage form Archimonde, havent tested it myself yet tho.
    rule of thumb, don't listen to anything artemis says. She has a bit of a history and not reliable.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2015-07-02 at 01:47 AM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rule of thumb? (cue meat packing scene from Boondock Saints)

Glyph of Explosive Trap and Ice Trap and Freezing Trap work well on the Salivating Bloodthirsters on Kilrogg however unless I've just been really bad at placing it Binding Shot doesn't seem to do anything to them.

Also its ideal to have someone else do it if you're running LW but you might consider going FS and packing a Nether Ray to the kilrogg fight, if you get in the eye phase you can use hysteria right before "dying" and you'll come out with the 200% damage buff plus hero for major wrecking time, and it won't lust the people not in the eye phase. I'm not sure about the DPS loss of taking two seconds to dismiss the pet vs just being FS though. Especially since those 2 seconds will have been during a lust with the 200% buff.

Oh and depending on your group, you want to go in the 4th eye phase. That will let stampede come off cooldown if you want to also use it at the top of the fight with pot, and should be fairly close to execute phase, great time to use 2nd pot and go HAM. That's my observation from heroic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    You can soak it with deterrence actually,you just need to not take ANY damage from the black hole then run in with deterrence and it works fine,it doesn't work if it damaged you first,then you pop deterrence and try to soak it
    This reminds me of mythic thogar. Deterrence blocks the deforester fire completely unless you already have a stack on you from a previous deforester or fire patch, then even if you deterrence before running through it will stack up higher. As if the functionality of deterrence wasn't already difficult enough to predict.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    This reminds me of mythic thogar. Deterrence blocks the deforester fire completely unless you already have a stack on you from a previous deforester or fire patch, then even if you deterrence before running through it will stack up higher. As if the functionality of deterrence wasn't already difficult enough to predict.

Same with Twin O'Grons fire. Needed to deterrence before moving into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    Deterrence blocks the damage,but only on you,when you land you will still damage nearby players iirc,so disengage away from other people = 0 damage
    thats good i wasnt sure do my deterrence block the damage from falling at archimode yesterday i was fixated and knocked up which ofc end with fires under my position and all ranges just went there to soak the damage
    Speaking for fires can say that deterence prevent getting stackable debuff if they manage to catch you i`m not really sure actually do its stop stacking once you are in fire yesterday i just get 1 stack and then i disengage with deterence over flames and dint get another stack up but i do this from clear point so i`m not really sure do detterence will prevent stacking if you already are in fire but for sure do not work as thogar ones
    Deterrence also will prevent taking damage from blowing shadow and flame patches on Xul but will not prevent debuffs
    Also if the orb catches you in nether realm you can disengage back to platform instead to die in oblivion
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-07-04 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Xhul´horac : with violet add one can make the surfaces away. simply aggro from add have and if the violet surface comes among you, simply pull deterrence. you get nobody damage and which is away green surface.

On Archimonde in the neither realm.

if you get focused by the void star. Just run into into it and disengage back to the plateform.

Beware this is at high risk and need a bit of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakam View Post
    On Archimonde in the neither realm.

if you get focused by the void star. Just run into into it and disengage back to the plateform.

Beware this is at high risk and need a bit of skill.
    What does this do?

Deleted
    What does this do?
    I was the last one in the nether realm yesterday with a fresh voidstar.
    Didn't feel like wasting time and killing it, so I popped it and disengaged back.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if deterrence with Glyph of mirrored blades reflects the damage of the runes back to kormrok? Didn't try it on our kill.

And is there something on another boss that can be reflected for damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    I was the last one in the nether realm yesterday with a fresh voidstar.
    Didn't feel like wasting time and killing it, so I popped it and disengaged back.

As far as i know the knockback of the voidstar has a range. so if you trigger one, you should be far away from other people.

Tyrant Velhari - If you are the primary target of the Edict of Condemnation - deter can full block the damage so you can solo soak it.
    Xhul'horac - It seems that if you have fel/void debuff and you disengage over fire of the opposite of your debuff it will still explode so be careful. Deter does not block blackhole but does reduce its damage.
    You can clear fire for your group in large quantities while kiting the void adds by popping deter and letting them hit you near green fire. Do not do that if any raid member is within 20 yards.
    Gorefiend - You can stun/slow/trap all the skeleton adds. Deter blocks Hunger for life explosion. Deter blocks Touch of Doom/Doomwell.
    Iron Reaver - Deter blocks pounding and the landing.
    Kormrok - Glyphed Cheetah is very useful for weaving through empowered waves. Deter blocks pretty much everything here. For hands position yourself at the slightest back of the loose stack group so that barrage hits all hands+boss.
    Killrog - The orc adds that spawn can be slowed/trapped.
    Socrethar - Ghosts are slowable and binding shotable.
    Fel Lord Zaakun - While in phase 1 when the boss does the big strike that spawns all the waves that are stacked on each other due to group being stacked you can deter and move close to the boss and you will block all waves. Deter blocks seed explosion.
    Iskar - During Phantasmal winds a glyphed cheetah and disengage can save your life if your group sucks at passing the orb. Also if you run against the wind while in front of one of the pillars it should push you up against the pillar and you won't fall off.
    Mannoroth - As MM in fight start positioning, if you place your character near the pool in between 2 summoners at max range of the first summoner you should be able to hit both targets without having to move.

Please correct me if any of this no longer works.
    Last edited by dieudal; 2015-07-10 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Blackhole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dieudal View Post
    Tyrant Velhari - If you are the primary target of the Edict of Condemnation - deter can full block the damage so you can solo soak it.
    Xhul'horac - It seems that if you have fel/void debuff and you disengage over fire of the opposite of your debuff it will still explode so be careful. Deter BEFORE (as with most cases) you go in to soak the Black Hole, not sure if that is still viable though.
    Gorefiend - You can stun/slow/trap all the skeleton adds. Deter blocks Hunger for life explosion. Deter blocks Touch of Doom/Doomwell.
    Kormrok - Glyphed Cheetah is very useful for weaving through empowered waves. Deter blocks pretty much everything here. For hands position yourself at the slightest back of the loose stack group so that barrage hits all hands+boss.
    Fel Lord Zaakun - While in phase 1 when the boss does the big strike that spawns all the waves that are stacked on each other due to group being stacked you can deter and move close to the boss and you will block all waves. Deter blocks seed explosion.
    Iskar - During Phantasmal winds a glyphed cheetah and disengage can save your life if your group sucks at passing the orb. Also if you run against the wind while in front of one of the pillars it should push you up against the pillar and you won't fall off.
    Mannoroth - As MM in fight start positioning, if you place your character near the pool in between 2 summoners at max range of the first summoner you should be able to hit both targets without having to move.

very nice no its so good

Quote Originally Posted by dieudal View Post
    Xhul'horac - It seems that if you have fel/void debuff and you disengage over fire of the opposite of your debuff it will still explode so be careful. Deter BEFORE (as with most cases) you go in to soak the Black Hole, not sure if that is still viable though.

Only point I'd offer a correction on is Black Hole soaking, immunities and other abilities similar to Deterrence actually do not work.