Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have waited for a year now after she left me and now a very small chance has appeared. I am going to do everything for a second chance with her.
    Call me fool, but I WILL NOT give up, at least not until everything possible has been done, because I truly believe that she's the one and the only.

/crazyinlove

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Yes, I'm currently back with the ex who I was with about a year ago. We split for about 10-11 months. Getting back together is the best thing I've ever done.
    So you say... now...

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    100% best life advice, jerk off then see how you feel
    It's like eating before you go to the grocery store.

OT: Yes, once for real, once just for sex. The "for real" was a bad idea. The sex was just sex.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah, she lured me with a booty call and slowly we ended up back together. Now I know better, if your ex ever calls you up to hang out, jerk off then see if you still feel like "coming" over
    This goes into the mental rolladex.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Pretty much this. Yes, but not for the relationship, just NSA sex.
    It took me entirely too long to figure out what NSA meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Clearly, it means the NSA are more into our business than we had originally thought.
    They're tapping our bed sheets!

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    LOL... "No Strings Attached". It's a common "only interested in sex" abbreviation on places like Tinder and Grindr, etc.
    I know, I figured it out

Deleted
    I did and it was a huge mistake.

19 or so and id been living with this girl for 9 months. Things were going good id gotten a new job and fist thing on my agenda was a ring so I could propose. I was the stupid head over heels completely devoted kinda in love with this girl. One day she says she isn't feeling well and goes straight to bed, a few days pass of her chilling out either in bed or in the living room and im givin her the space she needs to rest and recoup. One morning her mum is there to break the news to me that she 'loves me like a brother' and its over. Get your things and get out was the basic vibe. Had to move back to my parents 150 odd miles away which meant bye bye job.

couple of years later just when id moved on and gotten over her she got back in touch. We started chatting away almost nightly. Wasn't long before she invited me up for the weekend and me being the sucker I was went with it. perfect weekend. we talked, we drank, we fucked like rabbits all was well with the world. For a few months id make the trip up to see her every weekend because I was earning more than she was. One weekend I made it up there earlier then normal, half day at work. She seemed annoyed to see me. later she tells me it was a big mistake she doesn't love me and to get out. Last train was long gone so I got to sleep on the floor of a nearby friends dorm room.

I would have done anything that girl asked of me and she took full advantage of that fact to stomp on my heart not once but twice. Fortunately for me one of my crazy assed ex'es managed to contact her a few weeks later and gave some bullshit story about how id knowingly given her an std (I never go in unwrapped and get tested after each new sexual partner just incase and have never had an std) she jumped onto that ex's hate wagon, spread a little shit about me to our mutual friends then cut all contact.

Moral of the story is if you ended it there was a reason, if she ended it there was a reason. How long till that reason resurfaces

I got back with my first wife a few years back after she divorced me for asking for anal on our wedding night (She thought I was homosexual).

Turns out Anal is now her fetish! So it's a win-win.

almost every time

i am very stupid

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and it was an awful idea. Basically my desire for intercourse eventually overpowered my dislike for that person. I was drowning in alcohol at the time which probably didn't help either.

we have kids together not getten rid of her, better "friends" now lol

Deleted
    Nope. Breaking up is usually my last resort after trying everything to save the relationship. If it didn't work the first time, chances are, it won't work the next time either.

Two times with the same person, not a good idea at all.

Almost, but no. I've had sex with an ex but that never turns out well (emotionally). Plus, once you've broken up it means you stopped being willing to talk / negotiate things out so it's over at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Was with her for 4 years overall, split up after 3 and a few months. Incredibly long story about why we split up which I won't post here (last time I typed it up, it took me two hours. Dem details). In short, we'd both done actions to hurt the other. She didn't react as well as I did, passion slowly fizzled out despite the love still being there. She had a breakdown and told me she couldn't cope with a relationship and uni at the same time (she was doing awful with her studies and assignments at the time). "If I start to feel better, we might be able to try again". Four months later she tells me she misses me and wants to try again. What she didn't say was that she was still hurting from the things that had happened a few months ago (to help the curious, there was no cheating, flirting, mental/physical abuse or anything else in those lines on either side).

What followed was six months of me showering her with affection and attention in the hopes of undoing the damage. In return I got six months of zero passion, zero desire, coldness, bluntness and rudeness. I would hug her and after a few moments she would pull away. I would kiss her and she would pull away. Had sex maybe ten times in those six months, most of it terrible due to her lack of interest. Then towards the end she just stopped trying entirely. I was getting more and more heart broken by the day, and slowly I stopped trying. I figured she needed space for uni (she kept using it as an excuse). So we go about two weeks with next to no communcation. Sometimes we'd have a good morning or goodnight text. At the end of the two weeks, I get a long text. "I've been thinking about us a lot over the last few weeks and I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to do this anymore". Didn't have the decency to do it in person or even to call me. I later learned during my own studies (psychology) that the way she treated me over those months could be classed as (non physical) abuse, although I do believe it was never intentional.

The experience left me incredibly hurt, and I am still dealing with the ramifications over a year later. I have bad dreams (I'd say nightmares but those are supposed to be scary) where I relive bad experiences or create new ones entirely involving her. I haven't let anyone get in close to me. I went through a long period of hating her (which isn't healthy) for putting me through all of that. We very recently got in contact after six months of no contact at all though. She has a boyfriend now and I have my eyes on somebody and considering asking her out so there is no desire on either end to get back together. She ended up apologizing for several things and it was appreciated and I feel better towards her as a person now, but I'm still damaged by the experience of those final six months. I severely regret getting back together as a result of it.

Basically just for sex because we were both single again at the time. I had toyed around with the idea of getting back together as we had been together for almost 3 years, but decided against it and I'm glad I made that choice.