Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Going to spain in a few days for summer, I'm sending you money YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Again whenever something happens of remotely similar scale it is at least worth a few lines in the news.
    Oh, I agree: it's fantastically ridiculous that this has received so little attention. Was just trying to rationalize it, because it confuses me greatly.
    I did mention it on a past thread about hologram protests (which were a response to this, when they were being passes), but people didn't find it particularly interesting /shrug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonewang-EU-Ragnaros View Post
    Going to spain in a few days for summer, I'm sending you money YO!
    We appreciate people coming over.
    Have a nice holiday :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    So our new "law about citizen security protection" just got brought into force today.
    It severely punishes activism, and cuts into the very basic civil right of peaceful protest. It addresses "cibercrimes" such as calls to action on Twitter. It downgrades several offenses from criminal to administrative status effectively circumventing the judicial system -which has been fairly lenient on these protests-. It puts into question which citizens exactly this piece of legislation is protecting.

It has been protested by every party except that of the government.

As well as several other organizations and collectives
    Femen (NSFW)

Five things Spain’s ‘gag law’ will stop you doing from today - El País
    Spain puts 'gag' on freedom of expression as senate approves security law - The Guardian
    Spain's 'gag law' brought into force amid protests - The Local
    What's at stake in Spain's new security law that critics slam for curbing free expression - Fox News

Fines are our economic paradigm. Silence our hymn.

On these fori, we often debate about freedom of expression, how it should be curbed and policed, etc. This is how it's done. So, what do you all think?.
    If it's not sufficiently clear, I think this is an absurd attack on civil freedoms, and I vehemently oppose it.
    Wow, that's fucked up.

Five things Spain’s ‘gag law’ will stop you doing from today.

Demonstrating near Congress and the Senate.

Then Demonstrate somewhere else. There should be laws about where you can and cannot demonstrate.

Taking photographs of police officers.
    Only one I really disagree with. This should still be allowed.

Stopping a home eviction.
    No shit this isn't allowed. What's next, you gonna stop an arrest?

Protesting from above.
    Again... NO SHIT. Don't climb stuff when prostesting.

Peaceful resistance and sit-ins.
    Lie. You can still protest and demonstrate as long as the date and location have been approved. And guess what, Spain isn't some 3rd world country... if you're not morons about it, you will be allowed to protest.

Except for the taking photographs of police officers, I see no problem with this. This isn't losing freedom of speech, this is losing freedom to be a stupid moron, which isn't a freedom you should have in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    losing freedom to be a stupid moron, which isn't a freedom you should have in the first place.
    What is moronic or not is debatable. In any case, could you elaborate?: why should people not have that freedom?.

Note that many of the points in this new piece were penalized already: before a judge. They are circumventing the judicial system, by replacing them with the relevant authority, high fines and no legal recourse. Which is nice, as long as this "relevant authority" is aligned with your political desires.
    This is not about being a moron: it's a government fearing civic, responsible and peaceful dissent.

Deleted
    What is moronic or not is debatable. In any case, could you elaborate?: why should people not have that freedom?.

Note that many of the points in this new piece were penalized already: before a judge. They are circumventing the judicial system, by replacing them with the relevant authority, high fines and no legal recourse. Which is nice, as long as this "relevant authority" is aligned with your political desires.
    This is not about being a moron: it's a government fearing civic, responsible and peaceful dissent.
    yes, the administrative parts of this is the dangerous shit.

You all realise we're speaking about Spain, right? Not Iran or Saudi-Arabia...

Responsible and peaceful protests wont be stopped. This law is to stop the not so responsible protests. Like the morons we have in Belgium that think their right to protest includes the right to just block a few random roads and fuck people over.

Aslong as you got permission for your peaceful protest and you don't fuck with people's work, transportation or property you can go right ahead. I can only hope for strickter protest laws here in Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    You all realise we're speaking about Spain, right?
    Yes, but I'm not sure you know how people generally "riot" in Spain.

This shouldn't need any permission. Now it could get you a 30,000€ fine.

This was already punishable: judicial system mediating.

Btw, you didn't answer my question.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-07-02 at 04:48 PM.