Deleted

Affliction Council Opener and thoughts on the fight.

Hello

I seen alot of people on streamt do really good dmg on this boss as affliction, and I just wonder what is the best opener for a fight like that?

Precast SB:Haunt --> SB:SS --> SS to each boss and Darksoul?

Or any else suggestions?

Thank you

EDIT: My ingame name is Nomfa!
    Last edited by mmoc8fecb06c22; 2015-07-02 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    If you do this, you should be absolutely fine.. Play SB:Haunt.

Preferably a nice 22 seconds pulltimer pop soulburn

-2Seconds - Precast Haunt
    0- Unstable Affliction
    1-Agony
    2-Corruption
    3-Dark Soul
    repeat 0-2 on the other two bosses

Use a weakaura so your haunting spirits buff is visible and you should be fine, refresh UA at 3 seconds and you should be cool

I like to do the regular SB:H opener on first kill target and then SS to the 2nd, then manually apply to the 3rd. Beyond that keep up SB:H and maintain everything as much as you can. If you feel like you aren't casting drain soul enough, it's okay...you simply won't be able to very much.

log from last night

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Troll Warlock of <Retaliation> Thrall US. 7/10M | 12/13H

Deleted
    Hey this is a log from my first kill on them on council, but I do not seem to do as much dps as much other at my item lvl, can anyone figure out what is wrong with it?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...bnjTx#fight=19

Thank you

Deleted
    Hey Mikdru,

It seems you're not using your 100 talent properly. You shouldn't use Demonic Servitude, you should use Soulburn: Haunt on Affliction AOE fights.. I can't see any uptimes on SBHaunt at all which leads me to suggest that you were playing doomguard? Even so, you had your imp out too! That'd be the sole reason why

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=17

They weren't using DemServ as they have the Terrorguard summon and an Imp in the damage done. So Mikdru, you were either specced into Cata or SB: Haunt (this is what you want) though used neither. Have a good read up on the guide here and over at Summonstone and use Soulburn then Haunt (the new empowerment does not happen automatically) and work on having a high uptime on your Haunting Spirits buff.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-02 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Don't play affliction on council, it's painful and useless

Deleted
    Hello
    you may look at the wrong fight.

Council Fight Thursday June 25 2015 is the right one.

I used SB:Haunt there

Thank you

Well are you Locknamix? If so it is not recording it yet for the other lock it is. Perhaps a bug but the same thing is also happening on all your Aff fights and there is no record of you ever using Soulburn under casts.

Deleted
    Gilgard,

Do you have anything to suggest that you "Should" be playing anything else because it's better? From what I can see, Affliction dominates on council fights. It may lack in single target priority damage but for overall, it's pretty dominant. Mikdru, just make sure you're using your SBHaunt and keeping your uptimes as close to 100% as possible (With the class trinket this becomes chaos). As Spikeyshadow has suggest, the Affliction guide on Summonstone is actually a really good resource .

Deleted
    Im more curious about what you guys are doing when the blademaster spreads out into the smaller ones, and how you handle that??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatari View Post
    Gilgard,

Do you have anything to suggest that you "Should" be playing anything else because it's better? From what I can see, Affliction dominates on council fights. It may lack in single target priority damage but for overall, it's pretty dominant. Mikdru, just make sure you're using your SBHaunt and keeping your uptimes as close to 100% as possible (With the class trinket this becomes chaos). As Spikeyshadow has suggest, the Affliction guide on Summonstone is actually a really good resource .
    Affliction dominates on council fights because it shines on 2-3 targets sustained damage, but it's just good for padding meters, on hellfire high council you need high burst for each execute phase so affliction is not the best choice
    Last edited by mmoc0fc7575e99; 2015-07-02 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatari View Post
    Gilgard,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=9

Demonology is just as good there... you can observe me as Demonbolt Demo there, best part that the moment we started burning (sub 30% on Bloodboil), Demo did just as good as Affliction there even with 3 ilvls less gear.

Then the most important thing - Demo has way superior priority single target when it matters.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-07-02 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Well are you Locknamix? If so it is not recording it yet for the other lock it is. Perhaps a bug but the same thing is also happening on all your Aff fights and there is no record of you ever using Soulburn under casts.
    Sorry, I am Nomfa

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=9

Demonology is just as good there... you can observe me as Demonbolt Demo there, best part that the moment we started burning (sub 30% on Bloodboil), Demo did just as good as Affliction there even with 3 ilvls less gear.

Then the most important thing - Demo has way superior priority single target when it matters.
    Your Dia Darkwhisper dmg done in comparison to the Afflock says it all. Affliction is a parsing spec on Council.

Reminds me of Klaxxi in SoO where you could look at dmg done to the one add that was up all fight to see who padded the hardest on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nutail View Post
    Im more curious about what you guys are doing when the blademaster spreads out into the smaller ones, and how you handle that??
    Hello, why are you interested in that?