Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Stop subbing and get over it
    For games with little investment, sure.

For games you've played for 5+ years, no.

You fight to make it work right.

You fight for the basics to work properly.
    You fight for BALANCING.
    You fight for QoL features to enjoy the game better.
    You fight for features that benefits players to even enjoy the game better.

You don't run away frustrated.

That's copping out.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    For games with little investment, sure.

For games you've played for 5+ years, no.

You fight to make it work right.

You fight for the basics to work properly.
    You fight for BALANCING.
    You fight for QoL features to enjoy the game better.
    You fight for features that benefits players to even enjoy the game better.

You don't run away frustrated.

That's copping out.
    Exactly this isn't like a Maddon game where you play for a few months then wait for the next one.
    And have the option to skip a year or so if one chooses.
    This game some of us have put YEARS into and same for the friends we made doing so.
    Just to up and leave is not an easy thing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Raids never took months to clear, maybe for your group but chances are if they took months then they will still take you months now.
    You are so wrong. pls dont type that kind of bullshit if u have no clue about this. Here are some infos to you.

(Naxxramas) - Released June 20th, 2006
    World-first Kel'thuzad kill by Nihilum on September 9th, 2006

Tier 2.5 (Temple of Ahn'qiraj) - Released January 3rd, 2006
    World-first C'thun kill by Nihilum on April 25th, 2006
    Last edited by mmocb797a40363; 2015-07-02 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    The game was better in TBC and WoD is the worst thing, but people will insult you for saying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    You are so wrong. pls dont type anything if u have no clue about this. Here are some infos to you.

(Naxxramas) - Released June 20th, 2006
    World-first Kel'thuzad kill by Nihilum on September 9th, 2006

Tier 2.5 (Temple of Ahn'qiraj) - Released January 3rd, 2006
    World-first C'thun kill by Nihilum on April 25th, 2006
    Can even add Firelands to that like pre-nerf (only 2% of the guilds cleared it before the nerf).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    10 YEARS playing the same game, over and over and over and you do not know why you are bored?
    when did videogames started to be something you play forever?
    I am not talking about playing a videogame 2 weeks each year, like i usually do with M&M6- M&M8 for ex, but playing which is esentially the same game, for 10 years, in a daily basis, is madness to me.
    WOW is a very special game, i get you can be playing it for a long time, but 10 YEARS?
    BTW i bet if you tried another MMORPG (more or less wowlike) you would feel the same boredom as with wow, because imo you have been playing this genre for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    10 YEARS playing the same game, over and over and over and you do not know why you are bored?
    I am not talking about playing a videogame 2 weeks each year, like i usually do with M&M6- M&M8 for ex, but playing which is esentially the same game, for 10 years, in a daily basis, is madness to me.
    WOW is a very special game, i get you can be playing it for a long time, but 10 YEARS?
    BTW i bet if you tried another MMORPG (more or less wowlike) you would feel the same boredom as with wow, because imo you have been playing this genre for too long.
    Why would I want to play another game if I have spent 10 years just getting my account to where it is today. Ive played other games but nothing beats Wow's PVP even though it is crapper then what it was. On every expansion its a fresh start new content ect but WOD was a fresh pile of poop. If you are like me and only have a few hours a day to play games and are good at Wow over other games like FPS ect why change? It takes time to become good at any game.

Play other games for a while, there is plenty of amazing games on the market right now and more is comming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razer1 View Post
    Why would I want to play another game if I have spent 10 years just getting my account to where it is today. Ive played other games but nothing beats Wow's PVP even though it is crapper then what it was. On every expansion its a fresh start new content ect but WOD was a fresh pile of poop. If you are like me and only have a few hours a day to play games and are good at Wow over other games like FPS ect why change? It takes time to become good at any game.
    Given we just had another soft reset patch, it can take a new player/account apprx two weeks to get where you are progression wise. The one exception being an amount of pets and mounts. Of course they won't have the assumably fun memories and experiences you've had during these 10 years, sure. But you wouldn't lose those when jumping onto another game anyway. Holding onto WoW for made "progression" isn't much of a valid argument

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant play a game 10 years long and expect it to have the same feeling, if you do then your retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You played wow, then you grew up.

/thread
    Even though I refuse to accept this as the sole reason, there is some truth to it.

I got bored of WoD and quit. I don't hate the game. I just wish that character/guild progression was closer to what it was in TBC. Nothing outside of a raid instance is game changing for the average raider, that's why I only logged in for raids. This is what was different about TBC and Vanilla.
    I have played on Private realms, the contrast is startling. The game is older, slower, more fidgety, way more punishing, unfair and yet more rewarding at the same time. You're not swimming in epics after one raid, heroics are tougher to set up and have much lower success rate, you are forced to persevere because the reward might be something that changes your characters power and helps with progression. Why is this bad design? I have a hard time believing that the average player just wants tourist mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razer1 View Post
    It is impossible to have a fresh start on every expansion, when you have already experienced leveling, dungeons, raiding, PvP, etc in previous expansions, that is why in a single player game, they develop one or two expansions and then move into the next game of the series, and still you end up being feed up of those games as well.
    I would even daresay that is one of the reasons other MMORPGs feel also boring, because it is the same content you have already experienced.
    You have spent 10 years getting your account where it is today, in the kingdom of boredom; for god´s sake this is not a job not a career, it is a GAME, the moment you are not enjoying it the rest of the facts do not matter.
    You do not need to be good at a game you do not enjoy, you have to enjoy it first and then be good at playing it, although it is not really necessary , because it is a game.
    Take a break from the game( a long one), and then come back if you feel like it, otherwise you are gonna be bored for sure, there is no way an expansion can change that; you have played the game for too long.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2015-07-02 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Starting here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings

It spawned what made these MMORPGs, MMORPGs...

http://dnd.wizards.com/

You'll never outgrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You played wow, then you grew up.

/thread
    you can't /thread your own post .........

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    I have a hard time believing that the average player just wants tourist mode.
    One of the biggest problems blizz is having nowadays with the game, is that there is not such thing as the "average player"
    From my experience, we are so different ones from the others, that it is impossible to satisfy everyone, and what for some players are aberrations, for another ones is what they like of the game, and the more things they add to the game, the worse this situation will be.
    Choose whatever aspect of the game you want, there will be people who love it and people who hate it.

if you dislike the game stop playing until they change it. the worst you could do is keep supporting bad design.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you not enjoy them? i personally think apexis "filling bars" are the best thing in MMOs out there , they can't possibly make anything more enjoyable and fun.
    /s
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Starting here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings

It spawned what made these MMORPGs, MMORPGs...

http://dnd.wizards.com/

You'll never outgrow it.
    Play forever, is not the same as play forever in a daily basis.
    I still sometimes play things like baldur´s gate or icewind dale, and a lot of other classic games like those, but not everyday.
    See what you did to me here? i am gonna have to reinstall the first icewind dale this weekend XD.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    you can't /thread your own post .........
    Thank you. I've been trying to say this forever but retards can never keep up.

OT: Well OP you can be dumb and just admit; "I've been playing this game for 10 years so it's gonna get boring all of a sudden." OR you can realize WoD was a total fuckup that ruined the enjoyment of this game for lots of people. Your call bro.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

If you are bored 1 week into release of new content then you should consider going to play another game. The game certainly doesn't provide as much content as it use to provide but if you can't be satisfied after 1 week then even if Blizzard dropped a fuck ton of content in the game you would still be complaining that you were bored.

Sometimes the problem is you. The human brain produces dopamine when you do activities that you enjoy that stimulates the pleasure centers of your brain. Eventually the brain gets use to that stimuli and the things you once enjoyed no longer stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain. At that point a video game can no longer stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain no matter what they do.

Human beings are also not known for being self-introspective, certainly there are some who can do this but it is not the norm. This is why so many psychologis have jobs and why a psychologist sees another psychologist when they need help analysing their behavior, much like how a hair cutter has to go to another hair cutter to get their hair cut.

It is time to step back and go find something else that tickles the pleasure centers of your brain. Don’t do wow because you always have done wow because you are no longer capable of finding happyness here, it is an entirely normal process for someone who has invested a lot of time into a pleasureable experience like an MMO. You eventually burn out and you will not stop being unhappy unless you make a clean break. After a lengthy break you may find that your enjoyment returns, you may also feel that since the game changed while you were away that you don’t react well to change and think everything is shit compared to what it use to be, the results vary.

You can not however stick around here as you will just continue to be unhappy no matter what Blizzard does or doesnt do.