Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Of course a big man on the internet would tell you he would do such. You will gain no insight from this query I'm afraid.
    We both know the answer. But let's be honest it is the fact that people like the OP do not have to face the consequences of their actions online that leads them to believe that it is acceptable to behave in this manner and that somehow the internet is not the same as real life.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    If someone acts like an idiot IRL I will tell him.
    And you expect people to take you seriously? More I read his post, more I think we are dealing with a kid here, literally.

how is telling a random stranger on the street that hes an idiot the same as telling someone who youre stuck with for an hour in a team activity that is SUPPOSED TO be equal-ish in skill to you?

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    how is telling a random stranger on the street that hes an idiot the same as telling someone who youre stuck with for an hour in a team activity that is SUPPOSED TO be equal-ish in skill to you?
    Because even being randomly grouped with a stranger for an hour in person on a task, a decent person wouldn't scream and yell at them for not performing the task well.

It's harder to enforce. Everyone have that one game where everything falls to pieces and everything goes down the drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQmSkJVe8Zg

14:44 - MVP Phoenix calls GG, with a score of 7 kills and 30 deaths.

Or how about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzD4lhZEWOk

1:11:50

The entire team of 4ASC goes up hill into the fog of war, after over 60 minutes of play the entire team fucks up and lose the game in a 5 seconds fight.

How about an example where one hero on the team is falling short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jJKm9aGxWI

Na'vi vs Vega Gaming. Na'vi displays phenomenal Roshan control, as well as ganking Ursa. About 27 minutes in, the game is called, Ursa has 0 kills 8 deaths and he never killed Roshan.

Just because someone has allot of deaths does not mean that he/she is useless, nor does it mean that they play poorly. Unless you have map awareness and a deep understanding of the flow of the game, reserved for The International finalists you're going to fuck up. Even in the last game of Ti5 there is going to be people fucking up. Remember how Alliance won Ti3? Na'vi fucked up, teleporting three heroes in close proximity to each other with a puck with a blink dagger was on the enemy team. Needless to say, all three teleports were canceled by the Puck ultimate.

So unless the feed is blatant, as some do for seemingly no reason. It is very possible that they are doing what they genuinely believe to be the best course of actions.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Being bad at a videogame can't really be helped, you can improve by watching streams/reading guides but the best way to improve is playing the game. Aside from that, not everyone plays games to play on a decent level. If you're getting grouped with those people, you're bad yourself (normally), so why whine?

Being "rude", however, can be helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Of course a big man on the internet would tell you he would do such. You will gain no insight from this query I'm afraid.
    Some people actually do that. You will encounter such people every now and then, proud of "telling the truth" all the time. The society typically sees them as crazies with no morals or behavioral rules, and no one wants to talk to them. Strange how some people think that in the Internet they might be more popular. No, assholes are always assholes, regardless of the environment. In the Internet there is just much less feedback: it is not like in real life, where if you tell someone he is an idiot, he will keep reminding you of it by his words and actions, direct or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I've been playing DotA since the mid-late 2000s, then moved to LoL, then DotA 2, then HOTS.

In my experience, flaming is considered worse than ruining the game and feeding. Why is that? Insults can be muted with a single click, if the bot feeds 0/5 by the time I have my ult I can't exactly pretend that didn't happen and proceed to play normally.

I've been only punished once for flaming, with a 40 some games of having an impaired communication ( which if you think about it hurts my team more than it hurts me ) but I've never seen or heard of anyone being punished for feeding intentionally.

Hell I did it a few times and quite frank when I was punished I wasn't mad I got punished, I was mad they didn't punish me for playing like shit and ruining games but they punished me for calling a bunch of feeders cunts. I mean what the hell, what kind of backwards SJW driven society are we in when words are punished more harshly than actions?

In DOTA 2 I'd report people of feeding and I'd sometimes get a message saying my report was deemed right, so at least there's hope.
    Your title is wrong, or you're not thinking straight.
    Either you mean "When has being rude become worse than trolling", which is a fair question, if that's the case.
    Being bad isn't something you can blame on people(in terms of what you can remove people for). Specially since you're on their rating so you're just as bad, and just being a dick without the ability to realize how bad you are.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

How dare you question their logic?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So when you do a team activity with strangers IRL, and one of them happens to be bad at it, you start being rude to them? Rather than trying to help them or just sucking it up and making the best of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    So when you do a team activity with strangers IRL, and one of them happens to be bad at it, you start being rude to them? Rather than trying to help them or just sucking it up and making the best of it?
    It's not about being bad, you're strawmanning to the highest level. It's about dying once, then somehow thinking you can win the fight a second time despite the level and item difference.

And instead of turtling down and waiting for a twist, you just make the enemy's advantage even bigger.

So if I had to compare, let's say we're playing football in a competitive setting and you're the guy that thinks he's Maradonna and tries to dribble despite being bad at it, you lose the ball and they score. And then you do the same shit again and they score again. Yes, if we're IRL, at this point I will call you an idiot.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2015-07-02 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I'd love to see you try and do that in a fast paced game like a moba. "Hey guys can we pause for a few min so i can explain to this lion why he should put points into his stun instead of stats"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because trolls completely destroy the fun for everyone else on their team. Every single rude person I've run across in HoTS has ended up trolling then afking or feeding.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2015-07-02 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see you try and do that in a fast paced game like a moba. "Hey guys can we pause for a few min so i can explain to this lion why he should put points into his stun instead of stats"
    Well, people do seem to find time to yell curses for minutes, so I don't see why they can't find time for this...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

He/she obviously has no idea what he/she is talking about.

You're in Ranked you're supposed to know the hero you play with. If you're in Gold and you don't know by now not to force fights when at a disadvantage and how to turtle then you're simply put an idiot.

Yeah, no we're not doing political stuff here.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-07-03 at 12:51 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I find when there's someone non-constructively complaining/arguing with a teammate in a MOBA, it drags the entire team down and I've seen more than a few close games turn into quick losses soon after the insults start flying.

Deleted
    Because some people are just bad and that's how they are.
    Being rude is you choosing to be an asshole.

Muting people is also not a very bright option because it rules out every means of communication, which is paramount to mobas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    I find when there's someone non-constructively complaining/arguing with a teammate in a MOBA, it drags the entire team down and I've seen more than a few close games turn into quick losses soon after the insults start flying.
    Yeah, after an argument over skill has started, all people involved usually do is try to prove to each other that they are the one right. Teamwork goes to hell, as both players just try to outdo each other and ignore everyone else.

Ranked is for winning, not for having fun.
    Sooo only half the people playing ranked are actually enjoying it? A game only matters if its a win? I'd advise you to stay away from anything competitive, its doing terrible things to you.