View Poll Results: Opinion on a year of HFC?

Voters
375. This poll is closed
  • Awesome!

27 7.20%
  • Good.

11 2.93%
  • No Opinion.

49 13.07%
  • Bad.

62 16.53%
  • Completely unacceptable.

226 60.27%

Thread: A year of HFC?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation A year of HFC?

With 6.2 the recent announcements concerning the Crystalized Fel, it's looking like we'll be doing Archimonde until November.

Bringing us to Blizzcon.

In which case we can most likely expect the next expansion to be announced.

Beta is on average *five months in duration.

November + 6 Months, has us at May 2016 for a release time frame.

Just shy of a year of HFC if they don't add anything in the interim. But that doesn't seem likely considering we're still upgrading our rings off of Archimonde.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2015-06-30 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Math is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it depends on sub numbers, another 3 millions lost and i very much doubt we will have another year of Wod

If they lose more subs they will rush another expansion. I'd rather have another year or more even, and a good next expansion than another rush job for the sake of getting subs back

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're almost certainly staring at a year of Hellfire Citadel.

And honestly, I'm willing to predict WoW is under 5 million subs by the time 7.0 drops.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We're almost certainly staring at a year of Hellfire Citadel.

And honestly, I'm willing to predict WoW is under 5 million subs by the time 7.0 drops.
    I think that's generous honestly.. Q3 is going to be a train wreck at this rate :\

Honestly I'm surprised that they'd even chance pushing this expansion into 2016.

Deleted
    Making assumptions based on an optional item that you don't need. I don't know if thats the right way
    I voted awesome because this item gives me an incentive for revisiting this raid and helping friends/other players even when I am outgearing that content.

It doesn't say anywhere that 6.2 is the last patch/raid/whatever.

Edit: And yeah, if there comes another filler raid I know that the "(wannabe-)progress players" feel they need to fully upgrade the ring (hardcore or nonstop players will do it anyway)
    Last edited by mmoc75936d2629; 2015-06-30 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie71 View Post
    Well it depends on sub numbers, another 3 millions lost and i very much doubt we will have another year of Wod
    Well when the playerbase drops low, usually MMOs stop getting updates. Maybe we could be raiding HFC ... forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Making assumptions based on an optional item that you don't need. I don't know if thats the right way
    I voted awesome because this item gives me an incentive for revisiting this raid and helping friends/other players even when I am outgearing that content.

It doesn't say anywhere that 6.2 is the last patch/raid/whatever.
    We'd be using Archimonde to upgrade the legendary ring for at least 20 weeks worth of lockouts.

Again, brings us to Blizzcon.

Deleted
    It's better for them to release the expansion in Q2'2016 because of the marketing, cross-promotion and general hype shared with the upcoming expansion and the Warcraft movie, but you're completely right that the game will suffer long before those later 'cyclical' gains will form, probably an even more steep spike in subscriptions, both up and down, as we saw with WoD.

By the start of next year we'd probably be looking at about 4 million subscribers if they're fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Beta is on average six months in duration.
    On average? No. BC's beta was three months, Wrath's was four months, Cataclysm's was four months, MoP's was six months, and WoD's was four months. Only one was six months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    On average? No. BC's beta was three months, Wrath's was four months, Cataclysm's was four months, MoP's was six months, and WoD's was four months. Only one was six months.
    Believe it was four, five, six respectively. Excuse my one month MOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    If they lose more subs they will rush another expansion. I'd rather have another year or more even, and a good next expansion than another rush job for the sake of getting subs back
    They didn't rush WoD, and look what happen, hell they took their sweet time because SoO was the longest time frame for a Raid. WoD atm looks like a filer and rush expansion.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it was four, five, six respectively. Excuse my one month MOE.
    Remember that you're counting the time elapsed, not counting the names of months.

BC: October-January (a period of around 90 days, or three months)
    Wrath: July-November (misread that one apparently, so three months)
    Cataclysm: June-November (four months)
    Pandaria: March-September (six months)
    Draenor: June-November (four months)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Well when the playerbase drops low, usually MMOs stop getting updates. Maybe we could be raiding HFC ... forever.
    Everquest (1999) surely isn't going as strong as WoW but still gets expansions on a regular basis (last October'14).
    Well then, you are probably right because Blizzard is a kind of "go big or go home", but even 1 million subscriptions in this genre is pretty big.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 6.2 the recent announcements concerning the Crystalized Fel, it's looking like we'll be doing Archimonde until November.

Bringing us to Blizzcon.

In which case we can most likely expect the next expansion to be announced.

Beta is on average *five months in duration.

November + 6 Months, has us at May 2016 for a release time frame.

Just shy of a year of HFC if they don't add anything in the interim. But that doesn't seem likely considering we're still upgrading our rings off of Archimonde.
    beta is never been released with blizzcon, usually the next spring... so add another 4ish months

You all realize 6.2 isant the last patch right? have none of you noticed the big continent at the bottom left hand corner of the map??
    According to lore that is the ogre homeland we just got docks in 6.2 you really think blizz made docks to be used for a 3-6month thing? i mean it could blizzard never ceases to shock and suprize me with there lack of creative design as of lately but 6.3?/4 could very well be a Questing hub/Lore/Flavor Zone down there with a raid like obsidian sanctum or some other garbage blizz wants to bide our time with

I however long for this expansion to be over
    as it has been the worst to date

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enderfect View Post
    You all realize 6.2 isant the last patch right? have none of you noticed the big continent at the bottom left hand corner of the map??
    According to lore that is the ogre homeland we just got docks in 6.2 you really think blizz made docks to be used for a 3-6month thing? i mean it could blizzard never ceases to shock and suprize me with there lack of creative design as of lately but 6.3?/4 could very well be a Questing hub/Lore/Flavor Zone down there with a raid like obsidian sanctum or some other garbage blizz wants to bide our time with

While I would love to believe that they would do something like this, seeing as how they seemed to love scrapping new and interesting ideas from the start, I highly doubt they'll add in that ogre continent. If anything, we'd probably get a filler raid like ruby sanctum to tide us over for a week or so, but oh no we don't want to push back development for the next expansion! Better just wait the year and let Blizzard milk us all dry.

Sorry, I'm just a little angry because I loved WoW so much and I really still wanna love it, but this expansion is so so hard to enjoy.
    Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Enderfect View Post

Haha this guy thinks they're going to open an entire continent in a patch.

They couldn't even fit tanaan into 6.0. They couldn't even find enough stuff to fill Karabor and Bladespire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake the Fearless View Post
    Haha this guy thinks they're going to open an entire continent in a patch.

They couldn't even fit tanaan into 6.0. They couldn't even find enough stuff to fill Karabor and Bladespire.
    You seem to be very small minded again the continent is an island guess what else was an island and put in a patch Timeless isle Quel'Thlas the Sunwell Magisters Terrace youd think before you try to be sarcastic you'd at least know a little bit of WoW history

Also prior to this i said i wouldn't doubt if 6.2 was the last given blizzards decline in creativity but its not out of the realm of possibility next time read thoroughly
    Last edited by Enderfect; 2015-06-30 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie71 View Post
    lol so we get another rushed expansion and the cycle repeats itself until literally no one is playing?

also of course we're going to get a year of HFC. They've spouted this bullshit for years.

"ICC was too long it won't happen again"
    "Dragon Soul was an outlier we'll try and do better"
    "13 months of Siege was far too long we're looking to improve our content cycles"

They've lied about practically everything else in WoD so a year of Hellfire would be par for the course.