Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Patch 6.2 hotfixes - July 7:

Cascade now deals 20% less damage in PvP combat.

So, I was right. Hence the nerf.

lol...indeed, just feels bitter for me, just when i was about to talent cascade to give it a try, as my spriest is still lvl93 but i leveld her strictly via pvp with good results. Just after they nerfed the devouring plague burst by 12%, they come up with this.

I do think the shadow priest is still one of the best dd specs in rbgs you can see that on arenamate especially us servers and playing with spriests mates in rbgs, however, blizzard knows how to act lame, i feel trolled now. I mean the shadow has his weaknesses, too, like outside of god comb in arenas for example and duelling melees. Why so many nerfs to this class? without any buffs? its the only spec that recieved nothing but nerfs so far in this xpack and i do not see the reasion for it. On my other chars i have no trouble dealing with shadows. And the offheals are very low scaled. How much is your flash heal at lvl100 with gear?

Anyways, even though spriest technical works in pvp, i feel trolled by blizzard nerfs. They better fire holinka.

Still waiting for the promised redesign of the shadow priest...hopefully thats the reasion why we see only negative things now.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-07-08 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest can do tons of dmg yea.... if your team is made up of mongoloids and allow them to freecast. The same exact thing you complain about spriest can be said about affli locks as well but all you have to do is put a melee on them to train and pressure them the entire time they are completely removed from the game and pose no threat at all. GG
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I know im quoting one of your earlier posts, but i feel i must say that the line in bold is a disgusting reason for calling for nerfs. Every class has a counter, some multiple, but your basically whining that just becuase shadow counters YOUR class it should be nerfed. Utterlly selfish and blinkered opinion, so much so that after a statment like that all your arguments become null and void.

In bgs cascade is the main culprit purely because it is a smart ability that always picks targets the furthest away to do its maximum damage.

It has recieved a justifiable 20% nerf, but not because of meter padding because it was causing RBG teams to stack 3 sp's with aff locks and boomys to create insane aoe pressure therefore it will reduce the propensity to take more than 1 sp now.

As for your whine about single target burst, maybe go look as SP mechanics before you spout bullshit. Your burst is on a 2min cd and is way more potent than a SP burst, not only that its on demand immediatley out of the gates. It takes a SP a minimum 23-25 seconds to build the 5 orbs needed for maximum burst all during the time we are taking the D from being trained 95% of the time.

TLR Sp do great damage if left to free cast, as do the majority of casters, dont whine about a class with your one dimensional viewpoint unless you have the knowledge of class mechanics to back it up.
    So thats why they were stacked in rbgs, interesting to know. But thats very spezialized. They remain weak in arenas outside of god comb or lets say without a frost mage, i saw still good things in 2s when just paired with a frost mage and both opponents were required to cast to do their burst/selfhealburst.

So shadows are strong when stacked, but on their own? I consider them pretty weak, or those i am playing against are weak, but i am on gladi server....(Aegwynn) can't imagine they are all that bad? Or maybe the dk is too hard for them in duells and arena, cause many go there without a frostmage and the impression is a weak one after such an arena fight as spriest requires a lot of peels?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-07-08 at 11:52 AM.

Spriests seem fun in 2v2 (with a decent partner) until you queue into double warrior, warrior dk, or double dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Spriests seem fun in 2v2 (with a decent partner) until you queue into double warrior, warrior dk, or double dk.
    You can't play spriest in 2s because any comp with a melee will completely shut you down.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Spriest can do tons of dmg yea.... if your team is made up of mongoloids and allow them to freecast. The same exact thing you complain about spriest can be said about affli locks as well but all you have to do is put a melee on them to train and pressure them the entire time they are completely removed from the game and pose no threat at all. GG

well, played mainly dk and resto druid in rbgs. And i can certainly say, the pressure is mainly on the healers all the silences, stuns cc is packed on us healers, hardly any teams that waste their time with ccing a caster. But never was in a very high rated rbg, must stream one to see what they do differntly.....my suggestion was often to cc the ccers usually dd casters but no one listens, they are all allowed to freecast, and thats why they work so good there in rbgs but not in a small bracket arena where they are 1st target by a melee cleave.

Still justified or not i feel the nerfs are disgusting, not likely the shadow is the most op dd spec there is in the game, just highly specialized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    double warrior could be bad or double rogues or a combination of those or with a hunter. But double dk is manageable with a frost mage, you can silence both and if you do they can't heal or deal any dmg, quite effective to completely stop them. And shadow and frost mage both just burst one. Same can be done to retri/dk or any healer+dk/retri combs. So much silence and burst can be used highly effectively. But usually i see often shadows with a random class that is not that good in peels so the fight is quickly over before it even started. Whats a good dd partner other than frost mage? Rogue? Still think frost mage and spriest is the best comb in 2s for them, opponents are often confused with focus as both should not be allowed to freecast. So gayplay like pillar hugging is almost required?

SP can do well in 2's with a healer like a Resto Shaman..You have a CC-chain window with Horror+Hex+Fear Bomb and burst! You will force a CD...next window is a kill or another CD and then you kill...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Still think frost mage and spriest is the best comb in 2s for them, opponents are often confused with focus as both should not be allowed to freecast. So gayplay like pillar hugging is almost required?
    Nah, no confusion, just focus the priest. The mage can still kite and do damage while focused but the priest is locked down, so you basically only have the freecasting mage, whereas if you focus the mage, you have one freecasting priest and a still casting mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    Nah, no confusion, just focus the priest. The mage can still kite and do damage while focused but the priest is locked down, so you basically only have the freecasting mage, whereas if you focus the mage, you have one freecasting priest and a still casting mage.
    If both are good at their class, but i usually focus on the most dangerous guy and lock him down, after a bit of playing with them. Due to his casts its easy to los the shadow....i like to hit the mage really hard and do maximum pressure, so he is unable to peel his shadow mate, too. Sometimes focusing both is a good idea, too.

Can't allow a mage to freecast sheeps it got no cd, while i usually(depending on class and race) got a lot of fearbreakers. Must be differently with a feral, i also played that, too.

And i got the impression such a team is expecting that we are focusing on their shadow.

Good discussion, so far i enjoy this thread - what do you guys expect from the shadow redesign? I read that from a developer about 2 weeks ago? But saw no details other than, that perhaps the shadow orbs will be removed?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-07-08 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    SP can do well in 2's with a healer like a Resto Shaman..You have a CC-chain window with Horror+Hex+Fear Bomb and burst! You will force a CD...next window is a kill or another CD and then you kill...
    Whilst all that sounds great on paper, the reality is resto shaman is one of the worse healers you could possibly put with a sp against melee for 2v2, you have arguably the most trainable dps caster with the most trainable healer, bearing in mind most melee have outs for fears you will struggle like fuck to peel for your shaman who will die before you have time to build orbs for your burst. It would be a great comp for double dps/caster or healer/caster but far too hard countered by melee to make it viable.

If your rolling with a healer you want either a holy paladin for bops/freedom instant cast heals and a 30s stun or a druid for clone/hots/roots insane mobility and bash im afraid.

Deleted
    I have to chuckle at everyone talking about some points in regards to SP.

Their damage was broken. Every bg I played on both human an goblin alt I topped the meter without trying.
    When I say topped I don't mean slightly higher than the second, I mean higher by a landslide. The highest I've ever done was in a SotA. I did 23mill going something retarded like 24-0 with the second highest being 10mill. A lot of others I doubled the second's damage.
    Even in the few low rated (not that low rated mattrs...) rbgs I did you could very quickly see a good from a bad just by the amount of pressure you'd put out, going top eyes closed again. You just need to ask for peels.
    The highest spell was always cascade, glad it got nerfed. Even so everyone saying how it's a dot spec blablabla, do you even play SP?
    Every bg my dots were a fairly small part of my dmg. Cascade being 45 ish, then mindblast, mind spike and DP 4th. All 3 dots combined would be like 15%. Sp dots has been pretty bad for a while.

Also about free casting... Unless you play insanity which I find too risky because of lockouts and the burst isn't that great, SP playstyle at 100 is nearly all instants. MB instant, Mindspike procs all day, DP, SW:P SW. The only thing you cast is VT and the very occasional mind flay, which is use more as a slow because the damage is really bad.
    All that combined with feathers make you cast very rarely.
    That being said tuneling as SP is still the best strat but mostly because of lack of defensives. But that has been true since day 1...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    If both are good at their class, but i usually focus on the most dangerous guy and lock him down, after a bit of playing with them. Due to his casts its easy to los the shadow....i like to hit the mage really hard and do maximum pressure, so he is unable to peel his shadow mate, too. Sometimes focusing both is a good idea, too.

Can't allow a mage to freecast sheeps it got no cd, while i usually(depending on class and race) got a lot of fearbreakers. Must be differently with a feral, i also played that, too.

And i got the impression such a team is expecting that we are focusing on their shadow.

Good discussion, so far i enjoy this thread - what do you guys expect from the shadow redesign? I read that from a developer about 2 weeks ago? But saw no details other than, that perhaps the shadow orbs will be removed?

probably because against s/m in 2s you should be..in 95% of the situations.

Deleted
    Dem meters, bros. Spriests are so OP I just swat them like flies on my <insert random melee class>.

Pretty sure I can top meters too as a prot pvp warriors. Just rush in and spam thunderclap to spread bleeds and bladestorm.

Deleted
    Dem meters, bros. Spriests are so OP I just swat them like flies on my <insert random melee class>.

Pretty sure I can top meters too as a prot pvp warriors. Just rush in and spam thunderclap to spread bleeds and bladestorm.
    Good luck beating the Shadow priest doing 500k damage every 25 secs in 1 global. Deep wounds gets cleared at full HP, and people aren't going to be sitting under 100% because you're bladestorming as prot spec lmao. Not saying that SP are UP/OP but the damage they can deal in group situations is/was insane.

Here's just some of the BGs I've done in the past few months on my blue geared shadow priest alt, plenty of pugged 10+ kd/r BGs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    Here's just some of the BGs I've done in the past few months on my blue geared shadow priest alt, plenty of pugged 10+ kd/r BGs
    Pvping for months. Still in blues. You know there is an epic pvp vendor right? ;p

I can post pictures like that for literally every class in random battlegrounds - we can pick the worst pvp spec in the game, but in random battlegrounds in the hands of a good player - if you play enough games - at some point you'll have a Shockadin Wrecking Ball screenshot >.>
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Pvping for months. Still in blues. You know there is an epic pvp vendor right? ;p

I can post pictures like that for literally every class in random battlegrounds - we can pick the worst pvp spec in the game, but in random battlegrounds in the hands of a good player - if you play enough games - at some point you'll have a Shockadin Wrecking Ball screenshot >.>
    It was on and off. I play 6 or so characters at 100 and got them all epic trinket/weapon before getting bored and going back to my warrior/rogue. It's not fast to gear up at 150 conquest first win, and 75 conquest on consecutive wins.. and 20 min queues lol

You probably can top dmg as any spec sure, I constantly do on my warrior as Arms... but not if there's a SP in the BG. Nothing has it quite as easy as a SP that isn't literally drooling on their keyboard. People talk like Shadow priests are the worst spec in the game, but they're actually one of the strongest in 3v3 and casual BGs + RBGs.

Here's one I forgot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    It was on and off. I play 6 or so characters at 100 and got them all epic trinket/weapon before getting bored and going back to my warrior/rogue. It's not fast to gear up at 150 conquest first win, and 75 conquest on consecutive wins.. and 20 min queues lol

You probably can top dmg as any spec sure, I constantly do on my warrior as Arms... but not if there's a SP in the BG. Nothing has it quite as easy as a SP that isn't literally drooling on their keyboard. People talk like Shadow priests are the worst spec in the game, but they're actually one of the strongest in 3v3 and casual BGs + RBGs.
    Only when played in god comp any other comp their weaknesses make taking another class more viable.

Rbgs, granted cascade is retarded for what it does, as its a smart ability and does huge damage for 1gcd, but on its own its fine, it only becomes really good when you have a boomy afflock and dk in your team, then its the icing on the rot pressure cake.

Random bgs, its just meter padding, and ppl are uncoordinated leaving you mostly to free cast, so when there is a big gangfuck group your dps is going to sky rocket. Look at enchance shammys, one of the weakest ST in the game but in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing, they do sick damage in bgs cause they get free reign to spread a 120% buffed flame shock and fire nova their way to victory.

Most classes have the ability to achieve this, so why all the hate for shadow??? You know why, because all retarded bad players who are in randoms can only see the damage meter and think "ohhhh sp are sooo op look at that damage, they must be nerfed" haters hating with no real understanding.

Oh and in before "but cascade was nerfed by 20% that proves i was right" BULLSHIT!!!

Cascade was not nerfed because of random bg damage it was nerfed because it was causing teams to stack shadow priests in rbgs so it was toned down to make this less viable, i have said this in many posts and will continue until ppl get it into their thick heads!!!!

Deleted

you can.
    Issue atm is that Affliction warlocks and shadowpriest do not have to "charge in" to do the same and.. are capable to silence and horror (for the priest) that healer .. a lock just chain fears him. Every decent RBG team now has atleast affliction and shadowp. in them. I even saw runners with 2 locks and 2 priests, an unholy and a rogue for flags..

SPs have had high burst and good overall BG dmg for the last 2 expansions, just as we have died from Rogues just looking at us for an equally long time.

Nothing new to see here guys, move on.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

If you haven't yet, try to get an artifact in Ashran and make sure to use consumables and be fully buffed etc. Wait for your trinket(s) to proc and cascade. Enjoy pushing a 40 man raid back in 1 global.