Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I can post pictures like that for literally every class in random battlegrounds - we can pick the worst pvp spec in the game, but in random battlegrounds in the hands of a good player - if you play enough games - at some point you'll have a Shockadin Wrecking Ball screenshot >.>
    The point is, at equal gear and skill, a SP will top KBs and damage in any random BG, and this IS the standard situation for SPs. They don't have to search for that special screenshot.

To clarify what I mean: so if you take that worst pvp spec in the game, as you mentioned (or almost any other spec), and join random BGs with an equally geared and skilled SP, you will NEVER EVER get that screenshot. Probably won't even get a 50% screenshot. :-)

As a rogue, fully geared, no matter what I do, I have an extremely hard time to get into the top 3. With my DK I'm always there, but still mostly below SPs.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2015-07-12 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    shadow priest is atm one of the best speccs for arena. shatter with hpaly in 3s is the best comb atm. dmg is just insane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Most classes have the ability to achieve this, so why all the hate for shadow??? You know why, because all retarded bad players who are in randoms can only see the damage meter and think "ohhhh sp are sooo op look at that damage, they must be nerfed" haters hating with no real understanding.

Oh and in before "but cascade was nerfed by 20% that proves i was right" BULLSHIT!!!

Cascade was not nerfed because of random bg damage it was nerfed because it was causing teams to stack shadow priests in rbgs so it was toned down to make this less viable, i have said this in many posts and will continue until ppl get it into their thick heads!!!!
    Nobody has it as easy as a Shadow priest though, Spread VT (1.3 sec casts), instant MBs, Horror into DPs, have fun spamming 10+ instant cast spikes + cascading your way to the top. All the while being able to fear, horror, silence, avoid CC with 30sec vanish and perma sprint. I enjoy playing my SP, it's much easier and forgiving than my warrior in 1v1, I could never dream of 2v1ing a rogue/warrior on my warrior, but the dream lives on with my SP right now.

If SPs don't get nerfed around the time people get full gear, that's just another problem with the game in my eyes. You can't stop the pain train once they get VTs down, they have no CDs and can go ham at basically any time, and scale really well. Cascade doesn't even matter.

And yes they do have more viable comps than just Godcomp, shatterplay is making a comeback and SP/Aff/Hpala is absolutely retarded right now. Probably works fine with boomkin too since they're also pretty ridiculous.

"X class is performing better than mine in a setting that doesn't matter."

Clearly cause for nerf. There's a whole lot of steaming hypothetical horse shit being painted on this thread's walls.

Hunters, meanwhile, literally brush their tits across the keyboard and drop 80k kill shots without buffs.

You guys are ridiculous.
    Last edited by Prag; 2015-07-12 at 10:07 PM.

Random battlegrounds don't mean a thing sadly. Overall they're viable, which is nice because disc and holy are pretty meh, and for a class with 2 healing specs to have both of them suck in arena is kinda fuckin' tragic.

The whole point of random bgs is to go around smashing your face on the keyboard (because no spec has a hard rotation any more, maybe demo pve but hey that was hard so we should nerf the damage, good one) and having fun, some classes have stupidly high sustained pressure and it shows because applying 3 dots to a group of 5-6 people fucks up your proc rate to something silly so you can do some crazy stuff.

tl;dr Random battlegrounds, never balanced, used to be hunters, used to be dks, used to be locks, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by roguelolol View Post
    shadow priest is atm one of the best speccs for arena. shatter with hpaly in 3s is the best comb atm. dmg is just insane
    Are you sure that comps not OP because Warlock and Hpally are insane right now?
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Spriest ?
    Look for the hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by roguelolol View Post
    ...and what % of the player base use that comp? What about all the others that do not play or even want to play that comp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    . And yes they do have more viable comps than just Godcomp, shatterplay is making a comeback and SP/Aff/Hpala is absolutely retarded right now. Probably works fine with boomkin too since they're also pretty ridiculous.
    Depends what you think class as viable, many comps can use a SP but work better with another class, your example of SP/Aff/Hpala is a good one as why would you not take a boomkin instead, the dots hit harder and they have better on demand burst and healing, plus way more defensives?? Not to mention being eaten alive by WLS/RMD when using a SP.

Comps making a comeback is nothing to do with SP being OP, they are the same as they have been since release, its other classes being far more broken after this patch which is creating the issue. Being carried by the op'ness of two of your teamates is not a basis for us being in a good place, its bad design!!

The only things that has changed with SP is Mindblast going instant with COP, and we have lost so much of our healing capacity with PoM and Renew, SP would literally evaporate from arena above 2k if they had to cast MindBlast as the majority of our mitigation comes from selfhealing from DP so the need to generate orbs is paramount. I would love it if they shifted the retarded damage from cascade into our dots because atm the only reason we are casting them is for procs and a bit of extra damage when Mb is on cd and their is nothing to dispell

Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    And yes they do have more viable comps than just Godcomp, shatterplay is making a comeback and SP/Aff/Hpala is absolutely retarded right now. Probably works fine with boomkin too since they're also pretty ridiculous.
    Shatterplay IS godcomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Shatterplay IS godcomp.
    No.

Shatterplay is Spriest / Mage / Restoshaman
    Godcomp is Spriest / Mage / RestoDruid

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    No.

Shatterplay is Spriest / Mage / Restoshaman
    Godcomp is Spriest / Mage / RestoDruid
    Nope, Shatter refers to mage, play to spriest, the healer is replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Nope, Shatter refers to mage, play to spriest, the healer is replaceable.
    Sure thing

SPriest are op in low-level PVP. Where the players do not know how to CC, or dispel. Where they just let you free cast.

In high-level PVP, you focus targets, you dispel, you don't let someone just chill by themselves and do whatever they want. We have a vanish? It is a joke of a vanish vs ANY melee class. You can't get away for shit. Oh we have some self-healing, but that is if we have the ORBS to do it, which we WON'T because we are getting trained the whole time. Cannot even cast 3 Mind Blast unless your team is peeling the shit off of you.

In Arenas we have 1 comp. MAYBE 2 at mid-level. That is it.

If you want to stop a Shadow Priest, throw a melee on him. Dispel the dots. But VT fears people, yeah but it fears them for as long as it takes the SPriest to cast 1 VT. No Dots - No damage, No Damage - No Self Heal, No Self Heal - No OP.

Deleted
    Yep. Shadow priest is a turret spec. It used to be that elemental shamans and destros were turrets. The irony is that these guys have more cc and ways to get away than shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaza View Post
    Spriest ?
    Look for the hunters...
    My Hunter, hell my whole team in AB was getting destroyed by a priest this morning the burst damage was insane 3/4 of my health was gone before I would even get it's health a 1/4 down and I am in full PVP gear with 4 CQ pieces. By the end that priest had like 20kbs the next closest had 6 in a quick round because they had is 4-1 and pinned at ST pretty quick.