Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    People for the Darwin award this year is piling up.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Anti-vaxxers would not be in any particular danger from their own foolishness, though, if we weren't eagerly inviting the disease into the population and moving it all over the place. MMR's comeback in the US owes itself almost entirely to our young arrivals from places where MMR vaccination is not nearly the norm it is in the US, being dumped into American population centers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Anti-vaxxers would not be in any particular danger from their own foolishness, though, if we weren't eagerly inviting the disease into the population and moving it all over the place. MMR's comeback in the US owes itself almost entirely to our young arrivals from places where MMR vaccination is not nearly the norm it is in the US, being dumped into American population centers.
    Which could just as easily be college students returning from a trip to India or whatnot.

Wait, was I interrupting your anti-immigrant rant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which could just as easily be college students returning from a trip to India or whatnot.

Wait, was I interrupting your anti-immigrant rant?
    With your illogic and rationalization, yes, you did. You're excused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    With your illogic and rationalization, yes, you did. You're excused.
    Well the outbreak in Texas was actually brought by a legal citizen who had visited one of said places so I think to concentrate on immigrants only is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    My grandparents had lovely stories about the time before most vaccines.

Kids, even adults who are children when it comes to needles, have zero appreciation to the carefree environment vaccines has brought to us.

A pandemic is probably what it's going to take though, given people's terrible fears about their loss of FREEDUMBS.
    Who do the government think they are? Telling parents what deadly diseases their children can and can't have, probably breaks one of the Holy Amendments or something.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    People for the Darwin award this year is piling up.
    Did you even read? It's not her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Who do the government think they are? Telling parents what deadly diseases their children can and can't have, probably breaks one of the Holy Amendments or something.
    All snark and no substance. What about the case in the OP? How's that freedom to facilitate the deaths of people with autoimmune disorders going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    So I guess Americans will be starting to wear medical masks like in China so they don't get infected with the plague.

Keep it up, anti-vaxxers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do still hope that many other countries will follow australias lead and punish people who dont vaccinate their kids!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I do still hope that many other countries will follow australias lead and punish people who dont vaccinate their kids!
    In Romania they can't send kids to school if they don't show the vaccination notes from the doctor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    In Romania they can't send kids to school if they don't show the vaccination notes from the doctor.
    I like that That should proberly be the new standard

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the most illustrative thread I've seen lately for who reads the article before commenting.

I caught it on Slate/Washing Post earlier today. Pretty disturbing turn of events. I certainly hope it doesn't take much more tragedy to shut up the loons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

"The woman was probably exposed to measles at a medical facility during a measles outbreak this spring, according to the health department. She was at the hospital at the same time as a patient who later developed a rash and was diagnosed with measles. Patients with measles can spread the virus even before showing symptoms.

The woman, who died of pneumonia, had other health conditions and was taking medications that suppressed her immune system, the health department said."

Most important part of the article. She wasn't even the one refusing the vaccination. That means she died because of someone else's stupidity. This is unacceptable, we need to make the basic vaccinations mandatory before these diseases make any more of a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'm okay with not reintroducing that particular horrific disease just to teach a lesson. Measles can work.
    Well hopefully the plague makes a big comeback and starts with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    Well hopefully the plague makes a big comeback and starts with you.
    So you'd rather have the plague kill to force anti-vaxxers (person you quoted never said he was anti-vax) to vaccinate instead of measles which isn't as fatal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    My grandparents had lovely stories about the time before most vaccines.

Kids, even adults who are children when it comes to needles, have zero appreciation to the carefree environment vaccines has brought to us.

A pandemic is probably what it's going to take though, given people's terrible fears about their loss of FREEDUMBS.
    You can't blame this on people sayin it's about general freedom; they think vaccines are bad. They are wrong, but don't paint them with the same brush as someone wanting to own a gun or something
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    I was expecting the child of an anti-vaxxer to die, it's somewhat more bitter knowing that those parents essentially killed someone else's child and probably feel less guilty than had it been their own. I can't imagine how I'd feel if that was my kid, the sheer anger at someone elses stupidity must be overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So you'd rather have the plague kill to force anti-vaxxers (person you quoted never said he was anti-vax) to vaccinate instead of measles which isn't as fatal?
    I never said they were an anti-vaxxer. They wished a horrfic disease to teach people a lesson. You really need to brush up on your comprehension skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Oh by the way she was also vaccinated against the measles. Health officials said she had the injection as a child but succumbed because she had a compromised immune system.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-problems.html

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Some people are perfectly happy giving up their informed consent and bodily autonomy. This mentality isn't at all surprising, just look at stuff directed at the SJW title... or "Commies"

People get worked up and start diving at any shot to stick it to the "other" side.