Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Phase 3 is all about manipulating the raid to not die during Rain of Chaos. If no one dies during Rain of Chaos, you win. The banish, the adds, and the infernals all really don't matter because if you can't handle those very simple mechanics then I'm not really sure how you got to P3 anyways since they're all easier to deal with than P1 and P2. What you have to do then is make sure each mechanic isn't going to kill people during Rain of Chaos.

Wrought Chaos - if people are spread then this shouldn't be hitting more than one or two people each time it jumps. It's really not a big deal and you don't have to run around with it, just let it happen and anyone that it jumps to probably needs to use a cooldown if it's in the middle of Rain.

Shackles - There's only 2 ways to deal with shackles: either you break them before the rain or you hold them. If you break them before and have enough healing to deal with that, cool, but make sure your raid knows that so you don't have some bozo hanging onto it until right as the Rain starts. If you don't have enough healing to just break them and heal up, the people holding the Shackles will need to use some massive defensive CD (full immunities or 90% damage reductions) to survive both the DoT and Rain at the same time until the raid can get topped back off after Rain is over. If Shackles goes on like a Shaman or something that can't do much, they're probably just going to have to break it instantly before the Rain and you'll have to deal with it. The worst thing you can do is try to have someone that got Shackles before Rain even started attempt to live through Rain and then they die because when they die their shackle is broken anyways and that's just an instant wipe. TL;DR either break them before or have people with immunities or 90% reductions try to live through Rain while holding the Shackle.

Demonic Feedback/Rain of Chaos itself - This is just raid damage that happens and you have to deal with it. Cooldowns are kind of awful to use during this because only raid-wide things like Nature's Vigil, Vampiric Embrace, Ancestral Guidance, Revival, Tranq, Hymn, or Devotion Aura do much of anything (i.e. your SLTs, Smoke Bombs, Rallying Crys, and Barriers aren't really going to do anything). If you have no planned raid-wide CDs and the entire raid is out of the Nether, you're probably just going to die. Plan your CDs and just heal through it, make sure people use health potions and stuff.

Should healing be so bad that you can't even heal through Rain of Chaos normally, you can screw with the Banish groups in such a way that you end up pushing Archimonde to 25% right after the 2nd Banish goes off, which allows people inside the Nether to dodge the Rain damage and the timers will line up that way for the rest of the fight.

There's also apparently some ultra-cheese going around now where the 1st banish group stays in the Nether until the 2nd group goes and the 2nd group just uses the 1st group's portal to escape and you use the extra DPS to kill him before the 3rd Rain at all, but I haven't personally done that yet.

That is probably the issue them, we stack full time and spread only for feedback so we can use a few CDs for shackles.

A lot of movement, a lot of dps, and a lot of confusion with wrath chaos and shackles.

Pretty sure Devo Aura and Rallying Cry are the only 2 useful mitigation CDs there. We used to use devo for the time you have allure of flame + shackles together in p2, I don't know if it's back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

There's also apparently some ultra-cheese going around now where the 1st banish group stays in the Nether until the 2nd group goes and the 2nd group just uses the 1st group's portal to escape and you use the extra DPS to kill him before the 3rd Rain at all, but I haven't personally done that yet.
    Damn, can anyone confirm this works?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    https://youtu.be/JwK2gxCuTXk?t=373

Looks legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Hm weird, as they go down it sits at 1hp, so do they just kill it as they come in or what.

Deleted
    We've done this by accident when some people missed the Banish before, so it was definitely something that could happen, at least in the first two weeks. We've also had weird shit happen like one member of a Banish group getting ported to his own Nether instance and obviously dying instantly to the add.

It's generally just a super fucking buggy phase, honestly.

Deleted
    Did this by accident when some people missed our portal so our first portal took forever.

You'll need some good healing and interrupts and killing of the death star, but stay there for a minute basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone take a look at our guilds logs and give us some advice? We've been beating our heads against a wall on Archimonde for the past two weeks.

These are our most recent pulls, with our best attempt at about 4%:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1799&wipes=1
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Can anyone take a look at our guilds logs and give us some advice? We've been beating our heads against a wall on Archimonde for the past two weeks.

These are our most recent pulls, with our best attempt at about 4%:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1799&wipes=1
    You need to drop two healers and probably sit some of your lowest DPS. You're massively overhealing the fight (SIX HEALERS?!) and some of your players simply aren't doing anywhere near enough damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    You need to drop two healers and probably sit some of your lowest DPS. You're massively overhealing the fight (SIX HEALERS?!) and some of your players simply aren't doing anywhere near enough damage.
    Oh yeah, we were running 6 heals for a few pulls cause our pally was having connection issues, and he just came back, but incase he dc'd again we we just figured we'd run with 6 until his shit was fixed. But then we got some of our best pulls with 6 heals so we just kept it like that.

I figured low dps was an issue. Theres a huge discrepancy between our top and bottom dps.

How many people do you guys send into each Nether and when/how do you guys lust?
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Oh yeah, we were running 6 heals for a few pulls cause our pally was having connection issues, and he just came back, but incase he dc'd again we we just figured we'd run with 6 until his shit was fixed. But then we got some of our best pulls with 6 heals so we just kept it like that.

I figured low dps was an issue. Theres a huge discrepancy between our top and bottom dps.

How many people do you guys send into each Nether and when/how do you guys lust?
    We send half of all our DPS + one healer into each Banish so they die as quickly as possible. We lust right after the first Rain of Chaos when the first sub-25 Nether Banish grp comes out.

For a 30 man raid, we usually send 7x dps, 1x healer and 1x tank in (5x ranged, 2x melee in each). Adjust accordingly to size . For a 20 man, I'd say 5x dps (4 ranged, 1 melee, melee+tank rotating interrupts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    For a 30 man raid, we usually send 7x dps, 1x healer and 1x tank in (5x ranged, 2x melee in each). Adjust accordingly to size . For a 20 man, I'd say 5x dps (4 ranged, 1 melee, melee+tank rotating interrupts).
    Yeah, for 14-16 man we were doing tank + 1 melee + 2 ranged, leaving a few melee + all healers up top.

Deleted
    got a log on heroic archi from last night, we done a nolife raid with those that wanted to see the fight and possibly get a kill before the reset we ran with 3 healers and had a few attempts with 12/13 people and eventually some had to drop out.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6g7ZN9yMWadDkbKT

found that we were transitioning at bad points once a couple of people left o.O

we were sending around half our dps into the banish each time to get everyone out faster and on the last wipe shackles were badly managed and destroyed everyone outside, any advice on what to do with the log? hopefully get 20 people on a main raid day this week to give it a go again

Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    got a log on heroic archi from last night, we done a nolife raid with those that wanted to see the fight and possibly get a kill before the reset we ran with 3 healers and had a few attempts with 12/13 people and eventually some had to drop out.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6g7ZN9yMWadDkbKT

found that we were transitioning at bad points once a couple of people left o.O

we were sending around half our dps into the banish each time to get everyone out faster and on the last wipe shackles were badly managed and destroyed everyone outside, any advice on what to do with the log? hopefully get 20 people on a main raid day this week to give it a go again
    With 20 people you'll want to send tank + 4 dps at least. It's my understanding that you do the first two nether banishes correctly and the third one you sac 3 people (tank + oom healer + lowest dps) and burn Archi before the fourth banish. That's what we do on normal and I'd assume it's similar for heroic.

Does anyone here do three banishes correctly and the fourth you sac people?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    With 20 people you'll want to send tank + 4 dps at least. It's my understanding that you do the first two nether banishes correctly and the third one you sac 3 people (tank + oom healer + lowest dps) and burn Archi before the fourth banish. That's what we do on normal and I'd assume it's similar for heroic.

Depends entirely on your DPS. We did 3 correctly and fourth sac the first reset or two. At this point, second banish comes at like, 23% on boss so the third one barely even gets cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post

My guild does about the same, we send half of the raid inside though.
    If lets say we have 22 players, we split them over 4 groups, group 1 + 3 have 1 tank 1 healer and 8 dps and same setup for group 2 + 4, in group 5 are the rest healers.

1st banish we send group 1 + 3, and 2nd 2 + 4. Normally we did the 3rd one again with 1+3, but this week we put the 2 lowest dps and the tank in the 3rd one, and nuked archi down before we got to the 4rd banish. ( this was on heroic )

The reason we send so many people in, is because we kill the add in like 15-30 seconds and we are all out again to top it op and kill the rest inferno's and do more dps on the boss.

We also BL when the 2nd banish group got teleported, so that group 1 + 3 got BL up. When the 2nd banish gets out and the 3rd goes in, we BL again. We basically split the BL in half to speed up the inferno killing.
    Last edited by mmoc77fbe947bc; 2015-07-17 at 12:30 AM. Reason: little adding

Depending on your DPS and which tanks you send down (although almost all tanks have self healing and can keep themselves alive) you really don't need to send healers down to the banish phase, as they are much more vital up top for combos like chains + rain of chaos + wrought chaos. Bears are particularly good at soloing the banish phase with good interrupts + good DPS.

My guild keeps dying at around 25%.. It sucks because we have the first phases down, but when 25% hits we all die so fast that we really can't progress or learn. I hate fights where the hard mechanics are at the end.. Especially on long ass fights.

What worked for us well was a 3 tank strat. Send the tank, 1 healer (with an interrupt) and 2 ranged DPS down to the nether for the first banish. Tank + healer rotate interrupts on netherwalker, rdps focus stars and whittle down the netherwalker's hp. Bring the netherwalker to ~10% and wait until the second group, tank with 2 dps, comes down to pop him, everyone instantly goes back up. At least in our group it lined up almost perfectly that we would come up just after Rain of Chaos ended and the infernals were up. We sac'd our two lowest DPS with one of the tanks for the 3rd banish and didn't even get a fourth banish due to the majority of our dps being able to just smash the boss in from 40% and on.

Infernals blow up with this strat because regardless of banish/rain of chaos timers, you always have 90% of your dps available when they spawn.