Deleted

Prophecy of Fear question...

So i just got the heroic prophecy of fear trinket from my naval mission ( lucky as shit considering i sent out the mission on 64%)
    And i'm abit worried on about the opener now with crystal as talent, Cause my mark for doom will proc instantly on the boss and not the crystal, Do i delay crystal til proc is over and just spam missiles on the marked target, or do i just ignore the procc and go full ham on crystal asap...

Please don't say " look at sims " etc.. I'm here to discuss things and bring up a topic i'm sure many other mages have

It's being heavily discussed in this thread http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1673 .

Trend is to drop PC right after the 1st (pre casted) AB to maximize chances for the trinket to proc on PC.
    If mark procs on boss, unload SN on the PC but unload AM on the boss and spam AB on PC after that.

Note though that all this is speculation and consensus hasn't been reached on the best way to handle it. I like to go OP instead when I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frostshatter View Post
    So i just got the heroic prophecy of fear trinket from my naval mission ( lucky as shit considering i sent out the mission on 64%)
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE. That is some insane luck.

But anyway. I have been having the same issue. I'm not sure what is best yet, but surfing Altered Time for others' thoughts. At least the Supernova splash will proc the Mark if you dump it on the PC.

Deleted
    Seems quite smart yes, Just freaks me out when i don't know what's the optimal way to use it, since PC is simming higher than OP. But i still think OP would bring less pain to my gameplay and just be more fluent and not having to think so much on what to do haha

Seems quite smart yes, Just freaks me out when i don't know what's the optimal way to use it, since PC is simming higher than OP. But i still think OP would bring less pain to my gameplay and just be more fluent and not having to think so much on what to do haha
    I think with T18 4pc, Manno + arch trinket and proper haste build you're better off just going OP.
    >OP is easier to use than Prismatic crystal, less chance of fucking up where the mark is going
    >With OP you can safely dump missiles in to the mark and not lose uptime on arcane power for using arcane blast
    >UM scales with haste, supernova doesn't so the increased supernova damage in conjunction with PC doesn't really apply here

And I mean really who doesn't want a simpler playstyle? With UM / ROP / OP you just have one major cooldown to monitor, there's less nuance and less things to worry about. I have a feeling UM / ROP / OP are going to be doing better than Nova / ROP / PC once you have tier and trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah ive been playing with the trinket for a while now and it's kind of a cunt to use

- - - Updated - - -

Been having a really hard time using this trinket properly lol, I keep getting mark of doom on the boss. Just doesnt work well with crystal.

Deleted
    When you get class trinket, than OP should be best choice, before that OP is just better QoL with small difference depending on each boss.

I'm actually wondering the same thing for frost. PC seems better than TV on fights that only sometimes have cleave, but the opener is really annoying since Mark of Doom ALWAYS procs on the boss with my initial casts.

Yeah I dont like this trinket at all.

I LOVE the trinket, it's pretty amazing as long as you utilize the procs well. I've just been delaying PC until after Mark is done and it seems okay... now that I have class trinket and don't have to worry about pull procs expiring this method should work much better.