Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

9/13 already ... is content being consumed too fast?

As of 9am Friday morning EU time we have 2 guilds (Method and Midwinter) on 9/13 Mythic. And that means almost 75% of the hardest content has been consumed in about 48hours...

Now, i had a discussion with my current guild and many of them felt the contents consumed faster due to players now being better than theyve ever been... however, i dont agree with this. I feel its something to do with the accessibility of these raids prior to release on the PTR. These days we know everything about every boss fight well before release and the top guilds can practice them at their leisure.

Does anyone else feel that the raiding race is devalued these days?

EDIT: im talking about the pace at which the top guilds are whizzing through the content these days... im not talking about us average raiders who will consume it at the same pace they always have.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2015-07-03 at 12:58 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No because the speed at which the best players in the world clear content has zero bearing on how fast I, or vast majority of people, will clear it. It will still take me 2 months raiding 4 days a week to clear Mythic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Deleted
    I don't think you get the point of a race if you think they're going too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    As of 9am Friday morning EU time we have 2 guilds (Method and Midwinter) on 9/13 Mythic. And that means almost 75% of the hardest content has been consumed in about 48hours...

Now, i had a discussion with my current guild and many of them felt the contents consumed faster due to players now being better than theyve ever been... however, i dont agree with this. I feel its something to do with the accessibility of these raids prior to release on the PTR. These days we know everything about every boss fight well before release and the top guilds can practice them at their leisure.

Ask yourself when will you clear content ? when we will see 1000th Archiemonde mythic kill ? and then think if the content is consumed too fast. One, Two or even when 10 guild kill archiemonde within first two weeks does not mean content is consumed too fast - Check what happened in BRF, it was cleared fast but that instance consumed massive number of guilds and players which just disbanded or stoped raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are the person clearing the content this fast, I don't see why it should bother you.

The people you complain clear it so fast, have already cleared it at least 3 times on heroic last week (plus normal runs), the amount they play and dedicate themselves to the race is rather crazy. It is no surprise they go through the content this fast, the only thing that can stop them is a gear check (as in an unkillable boss in current ilvl, which Archimonde could turn out to be).
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-07-03 at 09:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They consume 1/2-3/4 of the bosses within record time every tier for a good few expansions now.

And your question comes up every time.

Amazing, the content is being devalued for you now that people who aren't you have consumed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    They consume 1/2-3/4 of the bosses within record time every tier for a good few expansions now.

And your question comes up every time.
    This. Everytime a raid comes out, the first bosses dropping like flies.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

It wouldn't be a new raid patch without a thread like this.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    One of my friends took time off work when TBC launched, researched it in advanced and when it launched he powered straight to 70 and was the first 70 of his class, that didn't mean TBC was consumed too fast.

What I am trying to say is that what Method and Midwinter are doing has no baring on what the average or even above average player is doing.

No, it's just as worthless/irrelevant as it's always been (seriously, who remembers who got the world first mythic Neferian?)

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since you aren't probably part of either top guild, your question is irrelevant and its only purpose is to stir up drama.

Please, don't do it. If you bored, go outside and play with a ball
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No, it's just as worthless/irrelevant as it's always been (seriously, who remembers who got the world first mythic Neferian?)
    Not sure if troll, Paragon did.

Mythic also didn't exist.

7+ Year Old Account

I would say both. Your guildies are very right, that the top 50 guilds are very much people who has done this for a long time and therefore, they have some experience with how to tackle hard content and rush through it. I would though also say that the availebility of PTR will make some bosses very easy, since some top guilds get their hands on them pretty early in the design process.

40 out of 7 million people have come close to finishing content.

The point of a race is to finish first.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Not sure if troll, Paragon did.
    It was a rhetorical question, what I meant by it was that hardly anyone remembers (because most people didn't care in the first place)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Mythic also didn't exist.
    It did, it was just called Heroic before WoD, it's common now to refer to old Heroic as Mythic so that people don't confuse it with new heroic (old normal) due to Blizzard changing the names.

This question is asked every mythic race. No, it's not happening too quickly. If it was too much more than it is now, people wouldn't be able to function throughout the day at work properly because raiding consumes too much time for them. Pretty sure Sco from Method said something similar about the last race or Garrosh's tier.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Them knowing most tactics aside from PTR testing and preparing beforehand, they also did split runs for a whole week in H HFC gearing up accordingly. These guys were all 710+ most likely and had their set pieces/trinkets/what have you already to make the content 'easier' to handle. Couple that with some of the best and most dedicated raiders and you've got them chewing through these initial bosses.

I am betting Mannoroth and Archimonde will be the cause of some pain however.

Deleted
    Came here to say this was quite a hotly debated topic in our guild too, and thought it would be quite funny if this thread had been started by you Ende

The people in the top 10 or even the top 100 guild represent a very small part of the community. The average guild doesn't even clear mythic before a new tier comes out. So no, this isn't an issue at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJ_hqJewM0

You were saying?

Mythic Blackhand's phase 1 would have taken vanilla players like 2 years to get past.