Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, I guess since a couple of guilds managed to get 9/13, then the content is consumed too fast?

My guild is still progressing heroic and we just got spanked well by Tyrant, let alone heroic Archimonde... Mythic? It will probably take us 4 months or so to get to 9/13.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Im talking about the pace at which the top guilds consume the content... they are getting quicker and quicker at working through it and it just feels too fast now.

Maybe i didnt make it clear that im not talking about us average players who will consume the content at the normal pace... im talking about the top guilds and the competition for realm and world firsts.

Does anyone prefer the current race over days or the old days when it was over a couple of months...?
    Yeah, this pace at how much of the raid instance they beat at the most difficult level is completely unprecedented...althought, I did find these. Maybe you were talking about other times that weren't like these.

Blackwing Lair
    Vaelastrasz the Corrupt – July 12th 2005
    Razorgore the Untamed – July 12th 2005
    Flamegor - July 13th 2005
    Ebonroc - July 13th 2005
    Firemaw – July 13th 2005
    Broodlord Lashlayer – July 13th 2005

Black Temple
    High Warlord Najen'tus – May 26th 2007
    Supremus – May 26th 2007
    Shade of Akama – May 26th 2007
    Teron Gorefiend – May 26th 2007
    Gurtogg Bloodboil – May 26th 2007

Icecrown Citadel HM 25 Player
    Lord Marrowgar – February 10th, 2010
    Lady Deathwhisper - February 10th, 2010
    Gunship Battle – February 10th, 2010
    Deathbringer Saurfang - February 10th, 2009
    Rotface - February 10th, 2010
    Festergut - February 10th, 2010
    Blood Prince Council - February 10th, 2010
    Valithria Dreamwalker - February 10th, 2010
    Blood Queen Lana’thel - February 11th, 2010
    Sindragosa - February 11th, 2010
    Professor Putricide - February 12th, 2010

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, this pace at how much of the raid instance they beat at the most difficult level is completely unprecedented...althought, I did find these. Maybe you were talking about other times that weren't like these.
    Top guilds have always been at the top because they're so far ahead of everybody else.

What you could add into the list would be the two "hardest" (according to nostalgia ridden fools) tiers. Original Naxxramas was at 9/15 one week after release, and Sunwell's first three bosses that weren't gated died in less than two hours after US realms opened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Now, is running 100 meters still too trivial?
    What's the skill involved in just running down a straight? You're either born to be fast or you'll take longer. According to your logic, even LFR players could kill mythic bosses, just taking longer, provided there's no enrage timer, but the fact is that they would get obliterated within the first few seconds.

As of 9am Friday morning EU time we have 2 guilds (Method and Midwinter) on 9/13 Mythic. And that means almost 75% of the hardest content has been consumed in about 48hours...
    [/U][/I]
    By 0.0006% of the playerbase

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    everone doesn't zoom through the content.
    As others pointed out. Because 40 people can do it, doesn't mean everyone can do it.
    I find the 100m race equivalent extremely fitting here....
    There is literally nothing more trivial than running 100 meters, with zero obstacles whatsoever.
    And yet...... one person manages to do it in 9 seconds.... few in less than 10 seconds... a bit more in less than 12 seconds.....
    And the vast majority wouldn't even be halfway to the end, when the first one crosses the finishing line.
    It's safe to say, that over half of that last group couldn't finish the 100 meters running all the way at all.

Now, is running 100 meters still too trivial?
    It's not just mythic raiders who are zooming through content.

You have people getting to the new level cap within a day or two of expansion release. You have people completing LFR, Normal, and Heroic modes the first day of release. Are there people not doing that? Sure. It doesn't change the fact that anyone who really wants to complete the content right away can do it with little effort.

Hence, my use of the word trivial. It helps to understand that I wasn't just talking about Mythic raiders and raid content. I might have used them as an example, but that wasn't the intended point of my post.

Apparently you and your guild have no idea what the difference between what a worlds first race guild is and the average or above average guild. Just remember even though BRF fell fairly quick in the worlds first race a ton of guilds were disbanding left and right complaining it was too hard.

I don't think Blizzard cares how fast the top 0.001% of the WoW population consumes the content.

If Blizzard wants to slow down progression, all they need to do is break split runs. If the high end guilds were all 705 ivl instead of 715ilvl, content would be much harder. Break split runs, ie sending 3-4 mains and 20 alts to a heroic to funnel gear, and it fixes the speed at much content is consumed. As it is currently, Blizzard can't balance content around people doing 6-7 split runs the first week of content, as it wouldn't be fair to almost every guild in the world minus a couple.

Fix split runs and fix content speed.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    If Blizzard wants to slow down progression, all they need to do is break split runs. If the high end guilds were all 705 ivl instead of 715ilvl, content would be much harder. Break split runs, ie sending 3-4 mains and 20 alts to a heroic to funnel gear, and it fixes the speed at much content is consumed. As it is currently, Blizzard can't balance content around people doing 6-7 split runs the first week of content, as it wouldn't be fair to almost every guild in the world minus a couple.

Fix split runs and fix content speed.
    I imagine they feel the gain 99% of the population gains from the current heroic system overcomes 1% of the population abusing it for the raiding race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I imagine they feel the gain 99% of the population gains from the current heroic system overcomes 1% of the population abusing it for the raiding race.
    And this is the point we've been going on for 11 pages about.

Blizzard does not care about what is essentially less than 200 players blazing through the new tier in a 2 weeks. They never did.

People seem to ignore the reality that if Blizzard makes something borderline unkillable for the best players in the world how in the hell is anyone else going to kill it. Look at the forums. People are screaming bloody murder about gated content like Blizzard dragged their family out in the front yard and forced them to watch as they burned their house to the ground. Could you imagine the shitstorm of another pre nerf C'thun (literally unkillable in its release state) in the current climate of "This boss is overtuned if I can't kill it in 10 pulls"?

Edit: Also I don't know why I keep replying in this thread. OP showed up, made a fool of himself and then vanished after being embarrassed
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2015-07-05 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Lol, no. What the top10 do Is irrelevant except for the top 10. I'm top 2%, and it still feels like a fucking drag because half the raid fails (11/13hc..)

It's only the top 0,1% that are going fast.

Deleted
    What a fucking retarded question. Have you heard yourself? What a complete load of horse shit.

Honestly can't believe I wasted my time reading this OP.

I don't think you need to worry about consuming the content so fast when you're so dumb you probably don't even consume your cereal before the milk goes stale. Honest to fucking god.

Your guild killed HEROIC Blackhand less than a month before the new content, 122 days after it became avaliable. I don't think you need to concern yourself with how quickly you are consuming the content compared to how quickly you're consuming the IQ of anyone who read this OP.

0/10 fucking dire, I hope all your naval missions fail and your ships are destroyed, and your new ships have "Ship AIDS" that give you negative mission success chance causing you to lose resources until you have nothing left on your account.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-07-06 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman28 View Post
    0/10 fucking dire, I hope all your naval missions fail and your ships are destroyed, and your new ships have "Ship AIDS" that give you negative mission success chance causing you to lose resources until you have nothing left on your account.
    :O

I'm okay with the idea of beating someone within an inch of their life for being stupid but wishing all of their ships destroyed?! That's just monstrous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman28 View Post

I don't think you need to worry about consuming the content so fast when you're so dumb you probably don't even consume your cereal before the milk goes stale.
    I know that was an obvious ban for our friend from Afghanistan but god damn that was an epic burn

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Fixing the speed at watch content is consumed has no baring on the other 99% of people. Split runs can be easily fixed while not harming "everyone". Personal loot normal and heroic the first 2-4 weeks of a new content patch. That would stop a vast majority of split runs as it would be a complete rng fest if it was worth it or not and wouldn't harm "normal" people.

As of 9am Friday morning EU time we have 2 guilds (Method and Midwinter) on 9/13 Mythic. And that means almost 75% of the hardest content has been consumed in about 48hours...

Now, i had a discussion with my current guild and many of them felt the contents consumed faster due to players now being better than theyve ever been... however, i dont agree with this. I feel its something to do with the accessibility of these raids prior to release on the PTR. These days we know everything about every boss fight well before release and the top guilds can practice them at their leisure.

Does anyone else feel that the raiding race is devalued these days?

EDIT: im talking about the pace at which the top guilds are whizzing through the content these days... im not talking about us average raiders who will consume it at the same pace they always have.
    No offense, but unless 90% of the playerbase is consuming the content at this rate, no it is not being consumed too fast.

The 1% who have already consumed the top level content, still haven't totally cleared it. And the 99% left behind will be wiping on it for many many months to come, especially if it is the last tier of this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    No offense, but unless 90% of the playerbase is consuming the content at this rate, no it is not being consumed too fast.

The 1% who have already consumed the top level content, still haven't totally cleared it. And the 99% left behind will be wiping on it for many many months to come, especially if it is the last tier of this xpac.
    It's not even 1% of the population, it's a lot less than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    It's not even 1% of the population, it's a lot less than that.
    It's not even 0.1%.

7+ Year Old Account
    This has happened in every raid tier ever. The only difference is that the final bosses don't end up a buggy mess for as long.