Deleted

Building Computer need input.

Budget

1000-1100€

Resolution

1080p @ 120/144hz

Games / Settings Desired

CS:GO @ 300fps. I also play League, AoE II, WoW(not atm). No im not going overkill for these games, im not buying a 1000euro pc to play AoE II , im buying because i cant play the newer games i want to play, like witcher 3 for example.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)

No

Country

Portugal (buying from www.pcdiga.com)

Parts that can be reused

None

Do you need an OS?

No

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Yes, Monitor included in the budget.

This is what i have planned for now:

+ i5 4690k which is out of stock so i cant add it to cart.

with the i5 it ends up at around 1100€

the gtx960 is on sale from 249€ to 199€

Deleted
    - Get 2x4gb sticks of ram (kit)
    - The evo cpu cooler doesn't fit inside the case. Either get a small cooler or case with bigger clearance. Ie look for Be Quiet!pure rock or a Corsair 200R case or both.
    - Mobo i would get the Asrock Z97 Pro4 even that it is a little more expensive. its better board and also has more room for cpu cooler. Had someone in trouble with pro3 recently couldn't install aftermarket cooler cause capacitors where in the way of metal brackets.
    - Psu would prefer the xfx ts 550w for a few more euro.

Deleted
    The ASrock pro3 and pro4 are now out of stock, is the MSI Z97-G43 something i should be looking into?

8gbs of ram is something i might buy now or later it doesnt really affect me for now, i will definitely add some more at some time

the case and cooler is something ill look into after getting back from work.

thx for the feedback, anyone else is welcome to chip in.

- - - Updated - - -

hey, i looked at the cases and coolers and the dimensions seem to fit well

Corsair 200R: 430mm x 210mm x 497mm (H x W x L) height weight length?

Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 : 493mm x 215mm x 426mm

the CM Hyper 212 evo is 158mm which fits in both cases, no? 158 fits in 210mm and 215mm idk tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilaca View Post
    The ASrock pro3 and pro4 are now out of stock, is the MSI Z97-G43 something i should be looking into?

8gbs of ram is something i might buy now or later it doesnt really affect me for now, i will definitely add some more at some time

the case and cooler is something ill look into after getting back from work.

thx for the feedback, anyone else is welcome to chip in.

- - - Updated - - -

hey, i looked at the cases and coolers and the dimensions seem to fit well

Corsair 200R: 430mm x 210mm x 497mm (H x W x L) height weight length?

Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 : 493mm x 215mm x 426mm

the CM Hyper 212 evo is 158mm which fits in both cases, no? 158 fits in 210mm and 215mm idk tho
    The total width of the case is irrelevant, you need the internal width of the case for the CPU cooler height.

The Spec-02 has a maximum cooler height of 157mm, you could POSSIBLY pop it in but the case's side panel would likely bend to accomodate the cooler.
    The Carbide 200R has a maximum cooler height of 165mm, this will fit perfectly.

Having built in the 200R more than once ... it's a fantastic case, the only drawback I find is the plastic drive cage in it, other than that it's surprisingly nice to build in and pretty sturdy at that.

As far as components go... I'm not a fan of ASRock mobos, but for the purpose it'll do it's job, I generally would say another brand but in your case I won't because of limited choice and budget looking at it, as I said... it'll do it's job.

However the RAM should be a kit...
    Kingston HyperX Fury - DDR3 1600MHz 2x4GB

It's not the RAM I would use but it'll do.. the site you order from is very limited unfortunately.

The Power Supply... well .. I've seen better but for your price range from that site that is pretty much your best choice.

What you have will work BUT... if you can squeeze out 20 more euros go for the following graphics card, it's overall better for more games than the GTX 960 unless you don't want to play other things that just WoW (honestly have no idea if CS even has a preference to architecture!).
    MSI R9 380 Armor 2X - 2GB

Deleted
    Evil thank you for the input, the clearance space was something I had given though and not investigated further due to lack of time. thank you for giving me the information.

I've ordered some parts already and in those parts were included the monitor (which is having a flash sale for -17% @ 209€) and the gtx960 graphics card, however after you input on the r9 380, I've went and seen a couple of videos and articles comparing both cards and realised it might be a nice switch. I went ahead and emailed pcdiga.com and asked if i could get those 2items traded.

about the ram, I think i bought 2x4gb for my mother's computer a while back that she has no use for, so I might get 1 stick and take one from her to get the dual-channel setup of 8gbs. if i cant get that, ill be sure to buy a kit and not a single stick.

edit: Corsair Builder CX500W would this be a better PSU? is the CX a better model?
    Last edited by mmoccea65f61c7; 2015-07-05 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    edit: Corsair Builder CX500W would this be a better PSU? is the CX a better model?
    No. The VS is better, but not by much.

Deleted
    XFX TS 550W 80PLUS Bronze, ok so i'll probably buy this one like kostatto said.

About the gpu, its sunday so i didn't get a reponse yet on my email. i'm still waiting for an answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Evil thank you for the input, the clearance space was something I had given though and not investigated further due to lack of time. thank you for giving me the information.

I've ordered some parts already and in those parts were included the monitor (which is having a flash sale for -17% @ 209€) and the gtx960 graphics card, however after you input on the r9 380, I've went and seen a couple of videos and articles comparing both cards and realised it might be a nice switch. I went ahead and emailed pcdiga.com and asked if i could get those 2items traded.

about the ram, I think i bought 2x4gb for my mother's computer a while back that she has no use for, so I might get 1 stick and take one from her to get the dual-channel setup of 8gbs. if i cant get that, ill be sure to buy a kit and not a single stick.

Try keeping RAM as identical as possible in a single machine.
    If your mother isn't using the 8GB (2x4GB) kit then switch it out 100% with what you have.

Try not to mix-match RAM, in general it can work but issues might crop up even if they are 2 different brands with identical timings and voltages.

Do put in effort for proper cable management though so you can say "I built this thing damnit!".

With your budget i would be investing a lot more than $200 into the gpu, its all about the gpu these days seriously do a bit of research you will see

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckix View Post
    With your budget i would be investing a lot more than $200 into the gpu, its all about the gpu these days seriously do a bit of research you will see
    For the games recommended, anything of a level with the GTX960/R9-370 is perfectly fine at 1080p.

Deleted
    Pcdiga ended up switching the gtx960 for the r9 380. So atm i've at home my new monitor, the gpu and the ssd. Hoping to finish the build by early august with my next paycheck.