Thread: still 4% horde!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Removing racials? Bad idea. Imho, leave the racials, give every character EMFH as a baseline ability, remove Insignias and that way everyone can have 2 trinkets and almost noone can have super advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was alliance only, MoP was horde only, WoD is alliance only again.

It doesn't really make any difference to disable racials or give human's to every race.

Top pvp players will always choose one faction to play at, it's better to stay together so they can play with anyone they want.
    Alliance or horde, there will always be a side which everyone will go to unless you could join a match with people from different factions at the same party.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post

It doesn't really make any difference to disable racials or give human's to every race.

Top pvp players will always choose one faction to play at, it's better to stay together so they can play with anyone they want.
    Alliance or horde, there will always be a side which everyone will go to unless you could join a match with people from different factions at the same party.
    Right, only MoP was also Alliance dominated so that kinda ruins your whole point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    - I don't remember such disbalance in Cata, in MoP majority was US-Horde, EU-Ally, as for WOD all allys I guess. 4% is a bit off, but the main point is the same.

- I have both BElf pala and Human Pala, I think EHFM is only partly at fault and with recent "CC trinket" buff (1056 Versatility/Crit/etc in PvP) my damage as Belf got closer to human. I still think the main cause of faction disbalance is media (streamers, youtubers etc.), if you check Korean ladder it's pretty much balanced and in China, it's 65ally/35horde or so, still better than in US or EU.

- Removing all racials won't change a thing, if you already have a Human I doubt that majority of people will pay money to change race or faction. Maybe for Alt chars will start picking new races (I would), but we are coming soon'ish to the end of expansion and that's the best time to balance the factions and change stuff. I think I wouldn't mind if Blizz removed all 'Use" racials and just leave 1% stat increase for each race.

But in the end, if you are really good at your class and you play with good people, you will get top ranks with any race, like there was top rated WW Monk Gnome, top holy pala as Draenei, some dwarfs and nelf healers. Horde empty :q Orcs and Undeads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Right, only MoP was also Alliance dominated so that kinda ruins your whole point.
    I should have specified that I was talking about US realms which is where I played at, but yeah...
    Alliance was also better in MoP, EU playing alliance is just logical. Horde had better PVE racials and I guess US just wanted to stay together with the PVE community.

Thing is, it doesn't change the fact that one side will be chosen, people will always prefer to have all their contacts available to play with.

I for example always played alliance from the beginning of WoTLK to the launch of WoD, all my friends were alliance for the great majority of time so it never really mattered for me.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-07-12 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    For me, I started as ally, but early in TBC I switched to Horde and ever since I had main chars on Horde side. While there are concerns about how racials disbalance the game, don't say that it doesn't matter for you. Before some recent hotfixes, on Alliance side I had 1-2 hour que in Ashran, 15-30min que in BG and it happened for people, that after waiting so much they get bad group and lose, basicly you wasted your time for 0 rewards. While Horde side has instant ques to any part of PvP now. But it doesn't have to be 90%/10% ratio, 50%/50% kinda impossible, but even 60%/40% would be perfect. And 1 faction domination ruins some points of the game.

Solution to H/A ratio? Remove factions! Donez , easy, no more problems. (Which will never happen)
    Last edited by mmoc4a250f2ed0; 2015-07-12 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted

Cool

Only possible thing to do is : REMOVE RACIALS

You removed out ability to min max with engineering last xpac so why keep it in game with racials?

/thread