So how the hell do you counter Expert Captain?

I have ships that counter all of the other stuff on it, and one of them has a human crew, like a blue post said was needed for Expert Captain. Still only 95% succes rate.

The fuck?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I have ships that counter all of the other stuff on it, and one of them has a human crew, like a blue post said was needed for Expert Captain. Still only 95% succes rate.
    Yes, there is no counter to that so you must stack other success chance increasing effects - at least three of them.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/garris...expert-captain

At least three of them... It's a two ship mission.

gg Blizz.

Deleted

The fuck?
    Just use Unsinkable and less mission time perks and you should be fine.

I can't use Unsinkable, because the mission is two ships only and I need all my equipment slots to counter the mission

The point is that you can zerg it with unsinkable.

And fail the mission because you're not countering everything so your percentage is automatically low. Sure your ships won't sink, but I don't see the point if you're gonna fail the mission anyway.

At least three of them... It's a two ship mission.

gg Blizz.
    What?
    Is there anyway to counter "Expert Captain"?
    Yes. Use ships that have modifiers that increase success chance (Undead Crew, Human Crew, Pandaren Crew if it's a long mission), or sail under a buff like Air Superiority, or combine ships that modify each other.
    So take 1 or two if you can and you should get 100%.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2015-07-03 at 06:52 PM.

note that the mission doesn't go away if you fail it, it just rerolls the counters

so you can zerg it with unsinkable, or just throw a couple expendable ships at it to try and get more favorable conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    What? So take 1 or two if you can and you should get 100%.
    Pandaren+Human+All Counters = 98%. It's impossible to reach 100%, so honestly, if you have ships to counter, send them, if you do not, still them but don't waste rssources on changing equip, just build new ships (instant completion) if they get destroyed.

And fail the mission because you're not countering everything so your percentage is automatically low. Sure your ships won't sink, but I don't see the point if you're gonna fail the mission anyway.
    Countering ship types alone is a 75% success chance! which isn't bad for zerging.

Just suicide some green ships at it. The ships are cheaper than Unsinkable.

Depends how much oil you have vs GR.

My alts that I'm not doing the daily with every day get low on oil fast, especially with the mission increase cost to 200 per.

So spending some GR on making an epic ship unsinkable gives me a better shot at actually succeeding on the mission, zerg style.