Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Why would he want to take up fapping more often?
    Why wouldn't I?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    i recently went cold turkey. after 16 yrs as well, i suddenly, on thanksgiving day 3 yrs ago put it down. this november will be 4 yrs of being completely 100% smoke and nicotine free. the worst part of quitting was keeping busy during the cravings. keeping my hands going during the cravings, avoiding clubs, bars and other social events where alcohol was served in the beginning.

once i got to around the 6 month mark i started to allow myself around alcohol in social gatherings but still made myself not have any. now im perfectly fine having a drink or two, and enjoying the moderation of it while socializing with family and friends. i dont have the desire to go out to clubs and bars weekly anymore.

quitting smoking for me was more than just the cigarettes, it was an entire lifestyle adjustment too. you may need to give up other daily or weekly activities in the beginning to help ensure you get detoxed so to speak. then exercise personal restraint to avoid places and events and even people that might lead to temptation. after making it to certain milestones you can relax a bit and welcome those events and people back into your smoke free life, but only in moderation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    I have been smoking for 16 years, nearly half my life, and have recently decided to quit. I was a 25+ a day smoker, and thought cold turkey would of been to much of a harsh restriction to put on myself, and would see me breaking from the stress.

I therefore bought an inhaler and some gum to try and cut back. The gum is absolutely the worst thing I have ever tasted, like copper fizzing through your mouth while chewing a piece of leather, but the inhaler I've found works well to tied me over the immediate cravings.

As such, I've gone from 25+ a day to 5 or less a day, with a plan to further cut down over the following weeks.

So I guess I just made this to incentivize myself and keep track of ym progress, and hopefully inspire others to quit or cut back too!
    6 years this day for me that I have been a non-smoker. July 3rd, 2009. I smoked for 15 years, and guess what - I still crave the fucking things from time to time. You just have to hate cigarettes, hate them and it makes it easier to quit. They are nothing but a money-wasting, life-stealing, health-ruining, cancer stick that does absolutely fuck all for you. Quit those filthy things! It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You probably won't live to see the day smoking is banned here.
    Perhaps. I'll probably die of lung cancer long before that, thanks to all the smokers who have slowly killed me.

Deleted
    I've been smoke free for 2 months now. Quit cold turkey. It isn't easy, but very simple.

PS. I smoked for 15 years roughly a box a day.
    my friend had smoked for +40 years, around 4-5 boxes a day.
    one day he said he had enough of that shit and quitted smoking.

now he's been smoke free for 10 years. so all it requires is just strong mind.

Deleted
    Why wouldn't I?
    You make a valid point!

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    6 years this day for me that I have been a non-smoker. July 3rd, 2009. I smoked for 15 years, and guess what - I still crave the fucking things from time to time. You just have to hate cigarettes, hate them and it makes it easier to quit. They are nothing but a money-wasting, life-stealing, health-ruining, cancer stick that does absolutely fuck all for you. Quit those filthy things! It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
    This is awesome, tyvm. I will read this when I am feeling weak. Awesome motivation. Thanks again!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to demotivate you OP, but the inhaler thing is very counter-effective if you are still smoking cigarettes, too. I bet everybody here can agree that cutting down smoking from eg. 20 to 5 a day is a no problem at all. It's easy to smoke less. The real problem, aka what is hard, arises when you acknowledge the reality of not being able to smoke at all ever again. So, cutting down from 20 to 5 is only useful to lower your basic nicotine addiction (which is only part of the problem) so the withdrawals won't be that bad. If you still inhale nicotine, you won't get that effect.

Also, I've heard some good stories about medication that help with quitting smoking. I suggest you try those and go cold turkey instead of those nicotine gums/inhalers and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I smoked for many years, And one day I came across a book, "Allen Carrs Easyway to Stop Smoking" it was cheap, so I figured I'd give it a go, Read the book in one day, And stopped straight away, No cravings either, Turns out the Easyway system is one of the most used, and highest success rate ways of quitting there is, I would highly recommend it to anyone considering stopping, Even if for some reason it doesn't work(it has like a 95% success rate) you wouldn't have spent any more than you do on a pack of cigs

I don't want to demotivate you OP, but the inhaler thing is very counter-effective if you are still smoking cigarettes, too. I bet everybody here can agree that cutting down smoking from eg. 20 to 5 a day is a no problem at all. It's easy to smoke less. The real problem, aka what is hard, arises when you acknowledge the reality of not being able to smoke at all ever again. So, cutting down from 20 to 5 is only useful to lower your basic nicotine addiction (which is only part of the problem) so the withdrawals won't be that bad. If you still inhale nicotine, you won't get that effect.

Also, I've heard some good stories about medication that help with quitting smoking. I suggest you try those and go cold turkey instead of those nicotine gums/inhalers and whatnot.
    Good points mate, but the point of the inhaler is to help me initially cut down, as it has done. Over the coming weeks, it (hopefully) will aid me in cutting down to under 5 a day, and instead gain an addiction to the inhaler. And re: medication, my bro had a severe reaction to Zyban (the prominent anti smoking drug here) so I am hesitant to use it. Appreciate the input though!

I have heard good things about hypnosis.

Yeah I get that, and I am sorry on behalf of most smokers.
    I hereby reject any sorryness ever felt on my behalf for smoking.
    OT: good luck, OP.

Good for you OP!

I used a vape for a little while when I stopped using tobacco, that lasted for about a month and then I stopped nicotine all together. I have not had a cigarette in 6 months and don't want one either. I was a 20 year, one pack-a-day smoker.

My Wife and I recently started the T25 fitness program and I am going to get back the cardiovascular health that I had in my 20's.

Deleted
    Go no fap for 30 days and then share it with the reddit community. Thank me later

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i recently went cold turkey. after 16 yrs as well, i suddenly, on thanksgiving day 3 yrs ago put it down. this november will be 4 yrs of being completely 100% smoke and nicotine free. the worst part of quitting was keeping busy during the cravings. keeping my hands going during the cravings, avoiding clubs, bars and other social events where alcohol was served in the beginning.

once i got to around the 6 month mark i started to allow myself around alcohol in social gatherings but still made myself not have any. now im perfectly fine having a drink or two, and enjoying the moderation of it while socializing with family and friends. i dont have the desire to go out to clubs and bars weekly anymore.

quitting smoking for me was more than just the cigarettes, it was an entire lifestyle adjustment too. you may need to give up other daily or weekly activities in the beginning to help ensure you get detoxed so to speak. then exercise personal restraint to avoid places and events and even people that might lead to temptation. after making it to certain milestones you can relax a bit and welcome those events and people back into your smoke free life, but only in moderation.

ive been smoke free for 4 years now after smoking for 14 years. I went two years without having a coffee in the morning because it made me want to have a smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i recently went cold turkey. after 16 yrs as well, i suddenly, on thanksgiving day 3 yrs ago put it down.
    Going cold turkey on Thanksgiving day..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Perhaps. I'll probably die of lung cancer long before that, thanks to all the smokers who have slowly killed me.
    One can hope given the insufferable way you present yourself.
    OT: Good for you OP. I quit last September, and it may feel impossible at times, but you can do it.

I suggest using negative reinforcement. Every time you slip up and smoke a cigarette break one of your fingers. I guarantee by the second one you won't want to smoke anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I suggest using negative reinforcement. Every time you slip up and smoke a cigarette break one of your fingers. I guarantee by the second one you won't want to smoke anymore.
    I used negative reinforcement to avoid falling asleep during class time. It didn't go as planned; now I when poke my legs furiously with a pen I just feel sleepier.

Deleted
    Cold Turkey works best. I usually quit for 6-7 months or so untill summer starts again and my "oh well" mood kicks in.
    Due note that you never fully lose the urge. There will always be that voice in the back of your head (especially when drinking alcohol) that says: Just take one!

At one point i smoked 50 sigarettes a day. Cold Turkey sounds bad, but for me it was easy. Make sure u start in the morning. AKA Dont lit your last sigarette when u have a full day ahead of u. Youll be craving for one by the time its 1 o clock, and youll tell yourself: "Dude, stop being a pussy, you wanted it, now get trough it".
    This happens about 12 times in the next week and then it becomes very bareable.

Dont use inhalers, patches, shit like that. Aside from being expensive as fuck, theyll just create another source to feed your nicotine addiction.