Prophecy of fear

Honestly what's the best way to use this trinket for both frost and arcane? There's lots of discussion going on here and altered time but nothing really conclusive. So far I hate the fuck out of this trinket, if you thought frost was clunky before, you'll hate this trinket.

The trinket is INSANELY strong for mages. And you hate it?

It usually proccs on openers, and as arcane you should be using Missiles everytime you see that debuff on your enemy.

It can procc on your cleave attacks so you need to see if it proccs on a side-mob.

For frost you just pop orb and spam shatter lances ontop of it and throw your brainfreezes on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    The trinket is INSANELY strong for mages. And you hate it?

It usually proccs on openers, and as arcane you should be using Missiles everytime you see that debuff on your enemy.

It can procc on your cleave attacks so you need to see if it proccs on a side-mob.

For frost you just pop orb and spam shatter lances ontop of it and throw your brainfreezes on it too.
    Yes, i understand all that. If you don't see why people hate it, then you obviously haven't played with it. I've been pre-casting AB and dropping crystal right away, then super nova and half the time it still ends up on the boss instead of my crystal because supernova hits both of them.

Dropping PC as your first global is definitely not the right anwser.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Dropping PC as your first global is definitely not the right anwser.
    So what is the right answer? Delay PC and drop it if you get to 4 stacks and no proc yet?

Dunno. But PC at 0 is the weakest option I've seen thrown around.

Dunno. But PC at 0 is the weakest option I've seen thrown around.
    Then what do you suggest, because it hits the boss 95% of the time as I'm building charges

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Then what do you suggest, because it hits the boss 95% of the time as I'm building charges
    I hesitate to suggest anything, as I don't know what is optimal at the moment - only what options exist, and what I currently know about them. I feel like speaking on it now is premature.

The options people have talked about are:

1) PC at 0 (which I've used sims to show is a pretty noticeable DPS loss, and using basic spreadsheet comparisons can be shown is not a preferred method)

2) Full PC Delay until MoD is done. Some sims have been done on this, and has promise to be the best option. Confounding factors are that if you are using a stat proc trinket, delaying PC could be a DPS loss. Sims done on this used Tome+PoF, so they do not take the stat proc problem into consideration.

3) Drop PC even if MoD is on the boss, and either weave AM on boss / AB+SN on PC, or all spells on boss and use PC just to trigger additional nova explosions. Sims show that this could be an extremely small DPS increase over standard play, and spreadshset analysis supports doom nova being worth more than AM amplification into PC.

4) Ignore MoD, PC as normal.

Which of these is "correct" I don't know right now. But I have enough confidence to say that PC at 0 is not the right one.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2015-07-04 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    I tend to place PC as normal. If PoF procs on the boss before I put it down, I keeping spamming ABs into the crystal, and use any AM procs on the boss for the trinket procs. Don't have any actual numbers to prove this to be better than anything else, but it feels nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GriepenTN View Post
    I tend to place PC as normal. If PoF procs on the boss before I put it down, I keeping spamming ABs into the crystal, and use any AM procs on the boss for the trinket procs. Don't have any actual numbers to prove this to be better than anything else, but it feels nice.
    My answer to this is very similar. I spam 3 to 4 AB with Berserking and AP active then if I see PoF procs on boss I drop PC target boss and spam my AMs into boss allowing my PoF proc to cleave my crystal then I try to get 2 SN procs into PC while PoF is still active on boss. I follow that with full spamming AB into the remainder of PC and into deep burn(I have class trinket). This probably isnt optimal and will probably be outdated when mages start going UM.

Not to derail or anything, but does PoF proc from Multistrike? Also, can PoF itself Multistrike? (Been out of the loop for awhile)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Not to derail or anything, but does PoF proc from Multistrike? Also, can PoF itself Multistrike? (Been out of the loop for awhile)
    No(to the explosions), Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, you abandon PC and switch to OP, it's only a couple hundred dps under PC, but raises your QoL tremendously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Or, you abandon PC and switch to OP, it's only a couple hundred dps under PC, but raises your QoL tremendously.
    iirc OP actually sims higher than PC at certain gearpoints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    Is there addon you can recommend? I currently installed PlateBuffs for this, but you have to hover permanently over each mob to refresh the debuff display which is more or less nerving.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2015-07-08 at 02:41 PM.

KuiNameplates does a good job displaying debuffs for me.

Deleted
    Dont listen to griepen, he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    OP is a lot more than a few hundred DPS loss for me right now. I'm one piece away from my 4pc, maybe that will change. From what I've read, OP only becomes truly better than PC once you have the arch trinket

Ugh just dont know what to do when it procs on the boss before i put my crystal down (

At the moment im just dumping AM into it and then dropping crystal down and blowing cd's when mark of doom expires from the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    OP is a lot more than a few hundred DPS loss for me right now. I'm one piece away from my 4pc, maybe that will change. From what I've read, OP only becomes truly better than PC once you have the arch trinket
    Yep its a 2k dps loss for me switching to OP.

2) Full PC Delay until MoD is done. Some sims have been done on this, and has promise to be the best option. Confounding factors are that if you are using a stat proc trinket, delaying PC could be a DPS loss. Sims done on this used Tome+PoF, so they do not take the stat proc problem into consideration.
    I personally really like this option particularly with 4p T18. We sometimes may have the issue that no T18 bonus buff is activated during the PC phase. Focusing on boss by spamming some arcane missiles as the opener would take very good use of the PoF buff. Additionally, when PoF buff fades, you may gain 1-2 stacks of T18 bonus buff, which would allow you to have a high quality of burning phase on PC.