Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    20mins in and im not fighting sephiroth???
    uninstall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulminia View Post
    many tryed all have failed EQ:N "might" be the one to do it tho
    It will be launched as f2p, the devs have given up even before its release. Also, the new company that owns them doesn't seem in a rush to further fund development of this game. EQ:N is pretty much dead in the water right now.

At this point I would say not a chance.

Not a SUB BASED MMO anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    With WoD as the most ill recieved expansion dwarfing even Cata in negative popularity, it seems WoW is in the decline.
    Said about every expansion ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm surprised many of you are still going to play WoW even if it means no content for another year. WoW it's in a vulnerable position, its actually not that hard to surpass WoW at this stage since it doesn't have anymore redeeming qualities except raiding. I believe most of the playerbase in WoW are just playing this game because it's something they know and they have put too much time into their accounts, not because the game is actually any good. People will leave the game once they realize they are doing the same thing over and over again since there isn't anything new to come for another (probably) a year or so.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Even at it's current state, WoW is not beatable. It's going to take atleast another 10 years before it's even near that status.
    It'll take less than 2. If they continue losing 1 million players every month, it'll die before next summer.

Forum posts from the last couple of years on MMOC after Cataclysm:

''The release of Elder Scrolls Online will definitely kill WoW, there is 100 times more hype for ESO than there has ever been for WoW''
    ''SW:TOR will be the ultimate WoW-killer, WoW will 100% die in 2012''
    ''Wildstar will be the new biggest MMO and shut down WoW, there's no question about that''
    ''Once Guild Wars 2 releases, WoW will go f2p and die, 100%''

Oh, hi there.

P.S.: I doubt it, I anyway don't believe at all that an expansion for said MMOs could do that.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2015-07-06 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    - I want a game where I start with a somewhat fully capable character not an action bar with two skills on it.
    - I want a game where my activities matter from word go instead of being gated by a leveling system.
    - I want a world which is vibrant and relevant not just a stepping stones to the next zone, and irrelevant shortly after.
    - I want an interactive and involved trade / profession system not one that is advanced by logging in every 24 hours.
    - I want to be presented with a broad range of activities and have a clear progression across them all rather then have the end game funneled in to a single activity.
    - I want to be able to continually develop my character regardless of how i choose to consume the game.
    - I want development of my character to be broad and fulfilling and not just about the acquisition of purples.

When that game comes out i will go full time in to MMO gaming but yeah it is not going to happen. I did my time raiding. 8 or so years of it so i had a good run. I still long for that feeling of having a character and watching it grow, to become better and push further but none of the current MMOs including wow give me that. It is all ques, gaiting, time based cooldowns and in the end the game largely stops if you don't step up and raid.

I still play wow though it is on and off. I cannot see the game dying any time soon. WOD was a disaster but blizzard has shown they can bounce back, maybe not 10 million bounce back but enough to keep the game going on for some time. I do think the game is quite vulnerable but does it matter when most MMOs these days are a carbon copy with a paint job? If anything I think we are seeing a general migration away from the MMO genre as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    - I want a game where I start with a somewhat fully capable character not an action bar with two skills on it.
    - I want a game where my activities matter from word go instead of being gated by a leveling system.
    Yea, you're right, MMO's are not for you :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Since people talk here about FF14.
    Did they actually placed European servers in Europe yet or are they still in America?
    I had to stop even tough i was enjoying it cause i couldn't handle the lag anymore.
    A small example, on Titan ex when he does the ground pound i run to a safe spot to the side, i stand on the edge on my screen and he still flings me off.
    That sorta makes you want to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I hated MoP for being asian themed. Not because I hate asian themes - I don't. That theme just doesn't fit WoW imho. AT ALL.
    The problem with asian MMOs is not the theme but the amount of grind they usually require.
    FFXIV honestly isn't that grindy hell they buffed xp and even quest rewards for old content so you can get to the expansion faster

And when they add new stuff to say relic(legendary weapon) they sometimes nerf the grind(it has been REALLY nerfed now)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Since people talk here about FF14.
    Did they actually placed European servers in Europe yet or are they still in America?
    I had to stop even tough i was enjoying it cause i couldn't handle the lag anymore.
    A small example, on Titan ex when he does the ground pound i run to a safe spot to the side, i stand on the edge on my screen and he still flings me off.
    That sorta makes you want to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Forum posts from the last couple of years on MMOC after Cataclysm:

Oh, hi there.

P.S.: I doubt it, I anyway don't believe at all that an expansion for said MMOs could do that.
    There is a difference this time...When ffxiv ARR launched NOBODY really took note(i had a feeling it coukd ne the one) thing is FFIV is doing roughly what wow did when it became king not in content but in real workd stuff

Semi quiet launch not putting pressure out in a big way

It never EVER said it will be number one and in fact they expected a modest amount of players.

It quietly built up steam by word of mouth

The devs actually CARE in a BIG way to the point of givibg a FULL refund to any mac players and admitting outright they f'd up.

The content releases are steady and MASSIVE

It is even gaining alot of former wow players.

Now eill ffxiv gain 12 million subs? I doubt it BUT i f things keep as they are it may very well inherit WoWs crown as in have more subs then WoW.

Remember a new game doesn't need 12 10 or even 8 million to surpass wiw and if wow keeps declining anf FFXIV increasing...It will surpass it.

It is a dark horse IMO one no one saw coming and a few saw the potential in...WoW is killing itself right now and FF is in a place to pick up the crown.

If Activision make a Call of Duty MMO, then maybe.

Until then, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    - I want a world which is vibrant and relevant not just a stepping stones to the next zone, and irrelevant shortly after.
    - I want an interactive and involved trade / profession system not one that is advanced by logging in every 24 hours.
    - I want to be presented with a broad range of activities and have a clear progression across them all rather then have the end game funneled in to a single activity.
    - I want to be able to continually develop my character regardless of how i choose to consume the game.
    - I want development of my character to be broad and fulfilling and not just about the acquisition of purples.

When that game comes out i will go full time in to MMO gaming but yeah it is not going to happen. I did my time raiding. 8 or so years of it so i had a good run. I still long for that feeling of having a character and watching it grow, to become better and push further but none of the current MMOs including wow give me that. It is all ques, gaiting, time based cooldowns and in the end the game largely stops if you don't step up and raid.

I still play wow though it is on and off. I cannot see the game dying any time soon. WOD was a disaster but blizzard has shown they can bounce back, maybe not 10 million bounce back but enough to keep the game going on for some time. I do think the game is quite vulnerable but does it matter when most MMOs these days are a carbon copy with a paint job? If anything I think we are seeing a general migration away from the MMO genre as a whole.
    Actuallllly first two aside you kinda described ffxiv...

Hell even the very first zones are still relevent in some forms..

That said you DO start with like one school and as a nobody(around your 15 story quest is when people START to take note)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh one thing I should add as much as I love and praise ffxiv it defenitely has some faults and questiobable choices such as extra retainers(banks guys you send on missions and how you post to the AH all in one) locked behind a sort of second sub...Not a fan and could be solved better imo and a few other things..

That said I do feel it is FAR better then wow..I suspect these next few months will decide it with the new raid in ffxiv launching this week and a big patch likely in august or september..We will need to see what blizz does but this fall will likely decide it.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sorrior

Interesting. I forgot about the schools thing with FF MMOs. I played FF15 at release and yeah we all know that story. Next time I need an mmo fix will hunt down a demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sorrior

Interesting. I forgot about the schools thing with FF MMOs. I played FF15 at release and yeah we all know that story. Next time I need an mmo fix will hunt down a demo.
    LOL I meant skill how THAT became school..But nah they fixed the game HARDCIRE provided you meant 1.0 also stick to story quests on your first class(since we can be ALL classes when we win gear it can always be used whether as cosmetic or actually used) even low level roulettes for dungeons have a positive bonus for 60s and bonuses are given for new players.

Crafting wise...Crafting is literally it's own set of classes complete with it's own gear grind and progression and ALWAYS relevant.

Same for gathering in fact in heavensward they even have end game quests.

Battle wise even running a dungeon for the 1000th time might get you an item for the alt class you want.

Oh and after your first class at 50.don't forget you get a 100% XP bonus till 50 then 50% once you get a 60 fir 50+

But yeah short of starting as a nobody and one skill everything else you listed is there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Please tell me you weren't serious.

FFXIV doesnt have 4.5 million(now 5 million) active subs, thats just the number of people who've subbed the game at some point. I would say around 1-2 million is more likely.

The people getting tired of WoW is growing, and WoD was a pretty shitty expansion. However I wouldnt be suprised if Blizzard does a 180 again and makes plenty of things to do in the next xpac besides raiding.

Deleted
    Wildstar when it goes free to play

Blade and Soul when released free to play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    my ass, no MMORPG ever gonna get to 12M again.
    Only WoW Can pull those numbers
    There has already been MMORPGs that have pulled more than 12million players at one time... Age of Wushu is famously the biggest ever MMORPG. It hit over 20million players a couple of years ago.

Shame Wow players live in their bubble and dont know whats happening outside of Wow :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Said about every expansion ever.
    The other expansion's didn't lose nearly 3 million players within the first few months...

I get that there has always been an air of negativity and proclamations of the "worst ever" for each expansion, but when an expansion loses as many players in three months as the previous two expansions had each over the course of their entire time-frame?

At some point hyperbole stops being hyperbole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

Until then, no.
    Activision have already got it... its called Destiny.

The real question is whether Destiny wouldve been a better and bigger game without Activisions bullshit interference...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    The other expansion's didn't lose nearly 3 million players within the first few months....
    Technically they didnt lose 3million subs in the first quarter... they gained 3mill on release and those 3mill left by the end of the quarter.

They ended up with the same population they had at the end of MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    The excuses people make up for themselves to justify losing that many subs so quickly are seriously topkek worthy.
    This isnt an excuse its business.

Blizzard and Actrivision dont care as long as they sold an extra 3mill units of the expansion. They made their cash so they dont care if those players stayed or quit. Basically those extra 3mill unit sales was a sweet surprise bonus... the shareholders are very happy indeed.