Poll: How many actual players

How many players do you think the game actually has?

If you remove bots ( player used )

The major chineese farming programs ( also bots )

And all the accounts used for trading, mailing the gold and all the accounts advertising in trade both chineese, russian and people using other accounts to advertise boosts, raid achievements, you name it

How many actual players do you think there are?

Considering all the botting inn Asia it can't be more than 3 million accounts.

Also just leaving this fact out again: If you have just 20k achivements (And NO its not ALOT - Yes its alot, but its not fucking impossibely to get like 22-24k is now days) you are already 25k ranked inn the world.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure, but it feels like a hell of alot less, then MOP

Realm feels emptier, more and more.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    I think its around 5 Mio players.

Deleted
    0 - wow is dying

Well, if you mean by bots as in just the pure bots, not real people who bot a little bit... a good solid 2-3 mil tops. Still 3x the next highest (last I remember).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I would really like to have a foundation on which to make a guess I felt any confidence in.

4 mil or so.

However, no matter what number blizzard actually says they have. Just know it isn't entirely true but is a manipulation of data some how.

I've had a script scraping character data for the last few weeks, in the US region it has found just over 1million characters, split between 550k accounts.
    It can only detect characters that show up on the pvp or cm leaderboards, or that post something on the auctionhouse, or are in one of the 16500 known guilds.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive always been curious as to how the numbers would look if they only counted unique accounts among the sub numbers. when i mean unique i mean subtracting from the pool of active subs the ones that are owned by the same person. i used to know of a lot of people back when i played that had 2 or 3 active accounts. im sure when the sub numbers are counted theyre surely all lumped together.

take for example the multi boxers. i used to run across my fair share of people multi boxxing 5 or even 10 accounts. ive seen a video of a guy controlling like 40 something toons in an av one time. so even though theres what 7 million active subs how many of them are owned by the same person. are there half a million duplicate accounts? a million? i dunno, maybe the subs are already counted like that. i just think itd be interesting to see how many of those subs are just paid for by one person.

Around 6 million would be my guestimate, though I guess we'll need to see what the quarterly report mentions.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    4 mil or so.

However, no matter what number blizzard actually says they have. Just know it isn't entirely true but is a manipulation of data some how.
    Except they can't post false Data as it is Fraud and their stockholders would rain hell down on them.

It's surprises me how many people are on the "OH MAH GOD ITS ALL A KUNSPIRACY!!" bandwagon now when it comes to Sub numbers.

I would say 3-4 million maybe even less.

I know china makes up a large portion of wow subs.

Deleted
    Somewhere between 3 and 4, closer to 3 imo

Quote Originally Posted by elcius View Post
    I've had a script scraping character data for the last few weeks, in the US region it has found just over 1million characters, split between 550k accounts.
    It can only detect characters that show up on the pvp or cm leaderboards, or that post something on the auctionhouse, or are in one of the 16500 known guilds.
    That's in line with what other's have shown with similar methods. I assume it's fairly accurate. This doesn't sort out who is a bot or not, just who runs the game. Did you remember not to do the free to play level 20 pvp bracket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would say 1/3 at least are bots. Because going back to WotLK there were Americans who'd flat out tell you they were gold farmers. They didn't even try to hide it. All the winking and nodding in trade chat over exploits and dupes in WoD, they're more than alive and kicking, too.

But they're happy banning grandma's account as some super sekret botter, instead of fixing the issues with acquiring Dalaran tokens, instead.

If this continues "as is" the game will be but a few humans and armies of bots, as Blizz would love people to pay others to play WoW (like it's boxing or something). -_- Who knows that maybe the result in the end, drive any actual player out and replace them as gamers who watch fights, instead -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."