Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    You will not hear the name Go'el anyways anymore after this one time in this movie. (so why even care about Thrall's real name they give to him)
    From here on out he will be known as Thrall (if there are sequels), and i dont see them make movies till the point he learns his real name in TBC age.

- - - Updated - - -

Its actually a good thing they put the Orcs and the Horde side more infront in the teasers/trailers.
    Non gamers will otherwise see it as a LotR rip off and you want to prevent that by giving them a different feel.
    Pretty much. I do want them to avoid the pitfall of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, though in that the humans were largely left as uninteresting 2-dimensional characters.

From what I've heard over the past couple years it sounds like the movie might be fun to watch but as a lore fan its going to make me TEAR APART MY OWN SOUL. Nothing seems to be right. Hopefully the thrall arc makes sense because in lord of the clans he was found next to his dead parents, not floating down a damn river, and that shit can't even be blamed on knaak since he didn't write it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The focus on the orcs doesn't bother me that much in these teasers. The one factor they have to sell the most in this movie is the orcs. If no one buys into the orcs, it will fail. It's actually the same philosophy they used for the early games(especially Warcraft I-II). They wanted players to feel comfortable playing the traditionally monster races as much as the classic fantasy human side with elves and dwarves and such.

However, as much as they are developing the motivations of the orcs, I hope they have similar development for the humans and don't forget about them.
    Agreed. To me, what makes or breaks this movie will be how well they'll capture the fantasy elements of WarCraft, and the Orcs really need to feel like real characters since they will be having so much screen time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchyfeely View Post
    I'm confused was camera/recording not allowed for the warcraft panel? Cause I see the Dr who panel on youtube.. I see the walking dead panel on youtube.. Game of thrones.. etc etc.. Maybe no one just uploaded it yet? Not talking about the trailer. but the Panel of cast talking about the movie
    No filming was allowed during the Legendary Panel, and people had to turn off their electronics before they ran footage. The guy doing the liveblog had a security guard standing right next to him the whole time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchyfeely View Post
    I'm confused was camera/recording not allowed for the warcraft panel? Cause I see the Dr who panel on youtube.. I see the walking dead panel on youtube.. Game of thrones.. etc etc.. Maybe no one just uploaded it yet? Not talking about the trailer. but the Panel of cast talking about the movie
    Yeah, but that was BBC. This is Legendary's baby, and they've been protecting the footage of it for years. Of course they're going to continue to do so.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else not surprised they are retconning the lore from fel-blood corrupted Orcs to "woe is me" Orcs? From what I'm hearing and reading they are changing Humans from the rightful defenders of Azeroth against demon-corrupted, bloodlusting Orcs to Orc-hating bigots.

Might as well rename the franchise Orcraft at this point...
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2015-07-12 at 12:18 AM.

Duncan's wife is currently Periscoping the Nerdist panel.. Duncan and the actors are talking about the film on stage

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft movie is da poop.

And not in a good way.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Are they at least going to upload the panel on youtube? Seems really strange that they wouldn't when everyone else is doing it.

I'm glad one of these exist but id change the wording to be less whiney. should be profession about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderman View Post
    Petitions won't work. They are simply protecting their IP and managing the marketing as they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Yeah, but that was BBC. This is Legendary's baby, and they've been protecting the footage of it for years. Of course they're going to continue to do so.
    That is so silly haha. But whatever I guess. I guess it would be to much of a risk if they allowed people to record the casting talking about the movie, but then ask everyone to turn devices off before they show any footage.

Made by Visenna, TY<3

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanlolss View Post
    Duncan's wife is currently Periscoping the Nerdist panel.. Duncan and the actors are talking about the film on stage
    Link? Can't figure out if I can search periscope or anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Anyone else not surprised they are retconning the lore from fel-blood corrupted Orcs to "woe is me" Orcs? From what I'm hearing and reading they are changing Humans from the rightful defenders of Azeroth against demon-corrupted, bloodlusting Orcs to Orc-hating bigots.

Might as well rename the franchise Orcraft at this point...
    Since non gamers will automaticly see Orcs as bad and humans as good because of all the past fantasy movies.
    It would not do any dmg for once to show a story from the different side. It might actually be fresh.

If a sequel comes they will turn the tables around again, if i want to see Orcs just murder ppl because there Orcs i might just aswell watch the two towers.

ps if/when stormwind is going to get butchered in this movie the Orcs will really not look like the good guys.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-07-12 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderman View Post
    Start a petition for something worthwhile like Global Warming or Educating 3rd-world Children. Starting a 'show Warcraft movie footage' is just sad. You're better than that.

Signed it.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Are they at least going to upload the panel on youtube? Seems really strange that they wouldn't when everyone else is doing it.
    According to people here - this Legendary company wouldn't allow people to feed us crumbs from the panel ;p Ah well though guess we would of saw it if we'd went there ^^

Made by Visenna, TY<3