Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm at a Loss, Need Advice Regarding Guild Raid Situation.

So I'm in a bit of a lame situation. Sorry about the long post but I like to explain all aspects of the situation for a clearer idea of what's going on.

I was playing a feral in the guild I'm currently in for BRF and got up to Blast Furnace on Mythic. A lot of people took a break over the last two weeks of 6.1 to not get too burnt out before 6.2 and HFC came out. Now 6.2 has come out and HFC progress has started, a group of raiders decided "WoW is too easy" and quit the game. This left us without the numbers to do Mythic and put people in a generally shitty mood, including the raid leader.

I was asked to reroll to my warrior as we didn't have any and it would be more useful than my feral just before 6.2 came out (as we had two ferals at the time). I said that was fine. The other feral then left but the raid leader wanted me to stay warrior. So I busted my balls off grinding out gear and spending all the gold I could to upgrade items. Sadly I'm not that rich so I couldn't upgrade much. I've gotten all the Apex gear upgrades i could and now just really badly need a good trinket (mine are terrible and I can't afford to upgrade them) and perhaps a nice weapon or two as well, and I'll have the DPS requirement for the bosses we're progressing on atm. I told the raid leader this so he understood my gear/dps situation.

All is well and good... until we get two new plate DPS as trials in. There's myself and a DK who are both raider rank. Now normally in most guilds raiders get priority on gear over trials, as you don't even know if the trials will pass or stick around. Sadly however, that seems to have fallen on deaf ears for my raid leader. After the group of people left and people have gotten a bit slacky he has just stopped giving any fucks about loot. Normally I wouldn't care but right now my warrior is unable to join progress boss fights because her gear is still too low for them.

So To catch up I go to the alt normal runs and try and get what I can, and some good practice in, so I can fulfill the role they asked me to on my warrior. The two new trials join, no problems there. I /w the raid leader to ask if raiders and trials are sharing loot and he said raiders get priority. I manage to stand way above the trials on each of the fights who are both in around the same gear as my warrior is. To most raid leaders I guess this would be a flag to say, maybe they aren't doing what they should be.

Not to my raid leader! No instead he gives a 2H weapon to the frost duel wield DK. I have yet to see him use it once. he also gave drinking horn, with a socket, to the warrior trial also after I specifically said I really need to replace my 685 trinket (as sadly you can only have 1 apex one at a time).

When I asked him about his decisions, as it really confused me why he gave the items to them over myself or the DK, he just said I should "just stfu" and that he "gives 0 fucks". Now I can understand that response to somebody being super whiny, all i asked was for an explanation on why he chose to give two weak trials important items, over two raiders who need them just as much. When I mentioned he said raiders get priority he denied saying it. I copy and pasted his /w out of my chat log on the battle.net launcher but he still kept denying he said it.

After this point I decided that there was no point trying to talk to him, or find out his thinking behind the process. a couple of other raiders were also confused, but as it wasn't their gear they didn't care too much about it.

Now I don't really care about the actual loot pieces. What I do care about, and what upset me about this, was the fact I'd been working really hard to play catch up because they wanted me on my warrior, and now it feels like I'm not respected at all, and all the effort I just put in was a waste as the raid leader doesn't even seem to care.

TLDR; You probably wont say anything useful.

This unfortunately leaves me in a sticky spot. See my sever is empty, especially for my faction, so finding a new guild here that's any good is... just not going to happen. Sadly, i'm not all that rich IRL either so paying for a transfer and faction change is going to be very tight, especially if it doesn't work out. Finally, due to my warriors horrible lack of gear, I don't have any decent logs to show any guilds, meaning it's doubtful I'll be able to get into any good guilds going into mythic. I've considered stopping raiding but unfortunately raiding is what I love doing. I love challenging the hardest bosses and trying to do the best that I can with what I've got.

Anyone got any advice? Think I should see if any decent guild will take me without decent logs? Should I wait it out and see if anything changes here? I'm really at a loss of what to do as I can't afford to start at the bottom again and guild hop back up till I can get into a guild which suits me.

Now that WoW tokens exist, just find a guild willing to exchange transfer fee for gold. I see you're EU, so no idea, but usually ~50k is fine in the U.S.

Also, go to a super-server where there are multiple guilds.

If I had the gold to trade for a transfer, I'd be able to afford to upgrade my 685 trinket ;P From what I've seen the only guilds who pay for transfers are desperate ones. Sadly with the state my warrior is in atm, I doubt any would be desperate enough to do that for me.

Thank you for the response however. It wasn't something I thought of until you mentioned it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many guild, who consider themselves semi hardcore, are always extending their mythic roster. being semi-hardcore, they will most likely not start raiding mythic this or even perhaps next ID. So right now is a good time to make a good impression, since raiding heroic is possible x realm. Also, many guilds will accept logs of alts or old mains as an indicator of skill.
    I heard that trading server transfers for ingame gold is a thing. Under no circumstances stay in your old guild. leadersm who tell their members to stfu are toxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Make new char on populated server.
    Leveling is laughable right now.
    Gearing is extremely fat and easy.

Get on some PUG's for logs.
    Stop making excuses.

When I asked him about his decisions, as it really confused me why he gave the items to them over myself or the DK, he just said I should "just stfu" and that he "gives 0 fucks". Now I can understand that response to somebody being super whiny
    This is a proper TL;DR. Did you know that there are guilds out there without leadership positions filled by duplicitous, immature people?

Deleted
    Quit that guild and reroll in a nice server if you don't have the money to transfer...
    Seriously, with that attitude is only a matter of time before you guys disband. This time his action had pissed you off, next time, he will piss off the other raiders.

Deleted
    Just quit WoW. This is what WoW is now, you won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    It really isn't.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is a whine thread about your guild/raid leader isn't it?

if you are not happy within your guild, just join another one, no need for a 50+ lines post on MMO champ.

step one: choose a toon you like to play
    step two: choose a guild adapted to you toon progression level
    step three: apply and play with your new guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    It really isn't.
    It really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    If I had the gold to trade for a transfer, I'd be able to afford to upgrade my 685 trinket ;P From what I've seen the only guilds who pay for transfers are desperate ones. Sadly with the state my warrior is in atm, I doubt any would be desperate enough to do that for me.

Thank you for the response however. It wasn't something I thought of until you mentioned it.
    We are by no means desperate and we've done it in the past. Still here and raiding. We've done it quite a few times since I've been in the guild and I've only been here for a year, guild has been around for 7 years. In Siege, the currency was actually bringing over battle pets. Our guild refuses to deal with USD, but we will sell things for pets (or mounts) or gold. We've recently done it for a shaman. More or less if someone is willing to buy a WoW token, they're also willing to do other services.

And you said money in real life was hard, gold in game is not hard. You can definitely grind gold.

That is terrible. What a piece of work. Like somebody else said, there are a LOT of good raid leaders/guilds with stable leadership. Go find one of them, they will be thankful for the level of effort you are obviously willing to put in.

post some of your feral logs

This is what happens when 14 year olds are gm

Just going to give my thoughts. I too also had a hard time leaving guilds. I made a thread about it a while ago. I think, the majority of the time, its better for you to leave a guild that you are having tons of issues with.

So for what you should do, its this. Leave the guild. If you can't transfer, make a new toon on a populated server or try talking to a very well-established atmosphere/progression driven guild. Not pure progression driven. There is a difference between the two. If lucky, they know you are stilled, you make an alt, power level him and join their alt/normal runs.

That's all I can recommend for you at this time.

As for your current guild, just leave it. From what you described, the guild will eventually disband. It always happens.

Deleted
    I'm sorry to hear about this, solid leadership is hard to come by.
    Last edited by mmocd2c3751819; 2015-07-07 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Although this is not universally true, it's true enough.

You honestly sound like a good asset to a legitimate guild. We did 7/10M BRF, 7/13 H HFC so far (hardmode Socrethar down!). Good guild, great peeps and mature officers; light raiding schedule of 4 hrs each on Tues and Wed. We are lacking on plate DPS at the moment and could probably use a feral too, sending you a PM with more info.

EDIT - we are US, not EU! Sorry.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-07-07 at 04:40 AM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

The only advice i can give:
    /gquit this guild and look for a new one - either transfer somehow or level up a new char on a populated realm. It's all up to you. No excuses. If you want to raid, you'll find a way.